Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

From Lake Barrington Shores...Never been don't know anything about it... would be happy to forward the email if anyone needs it.

That's Lake Barrington Shores Golf Club in northwest suburban Lake Barrington, IL. Exclusivity, fine amenities, an outstanding golf course...it's all here. And becoming a Member is even more affordable starting July 1st when all memberships are pro-rated. Join today for as little as $270 and enjoy:
  • A spectacular, meticulously conditioned 18-hole championship golf course set amidst undulating terrain and featuring lush, tree-lined fairways, impeccable greens and serene ponds.
  • Fabulous onsite dining.
  • Unlimited driving range privileges and locker room/club storage options.
  • An array of golf and social programming, including leagues, tournaments and themed special events.
  • Gracious, friendly and knowledgeable Club staff.
Membership categories include Platinum (unlimited golf, pay cart fee only) and Silver (pay green & cart fee each round) and are available for Individual, Couple and Family. Please click here to view and print detailed information and an application. For additional information, please contact General Manager Quentin Grasso at 847-382-4240, ext. 18 or at quentin@lbsgolf.com.

SPECIAL OFFER: Present this e-mail at the gate as your "passport" to audition Lake Barrington Shores at a special trial rate of $55 anytime Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) and after 1pm Saturday, Sunday and holidays. Advance reservations required. Please call 847-382-4240, ext. 18 to arrange your tee time.

Entered yesterday! It would be great if some Chicago folks got picked...wink-wink-nudge-nudge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love that too, but I think only a few have entered. Surprised because there are a lot of AC members in this thread and a trip of a lifetime does not come up very often, let alone with these odds. I mean all expenses paid, golf at one of the finest courses in the country, gear, swag and more.

Myself and TNTCigarguy played 7 courses last week all over Chicago. Started at Bolingbrook GC which I have played before and like. Next day was Blackberry Oaks, then afternoon round at Mistwood GC. We played Mistwood a couple years right after they reopened after renovations and I am one of the few from our group that likes that course. Next morning was Harborside Starboard course, tough course if off the fairway in the thick stuff. Afternoon round at White Tail Ridge which we have played before and enjoy. Think this course has the best greens out of all of the courses I've played in Chicago. Next morning was Heritage Bluffs which I've played before and also enjoy. We played this one from the tips at 7171yds, very tough holes from back there, a couple par 4s over 450yds into the wind. That afternoon we played Cog Hill #2 Ravines. Cog was a good course also, but I think with expectations so high as it hosts a tour event every now and then I was let down by the facilities, carts, etc. The course was in good shape, etc but a couple holes run alongside Dubs Dread and you can tell a difference from afar which course gets the most attention. Next time will play Dubs.

Myself and TNTCigarguy played 7 courses last week all over Chicago. Started at Bolingbrook GC which I have played before and like. Next day was Blackberry Oaks, then afternoon round at Mistwood GC. We played Mistwood a couple years right after they reopened after renovations and I am one of the few from our group that likes that course. Next morning was Harborside Starboard course, tough course if off the fairway in the thick stuff. Afternoon round at White Tail Ridge which we have played before and enjoy. Think this course has the best greens out of all of the courses I've played in Chicago. Next morning was Heritage Bluffs which I've played before and also enjoy. We played this one from the tips at 7171yds, very tough holes from back there, a couple par 4s over 450yds into the wind. That afternoon we played Cog Hill #2 Ravines. Cog was a good course also, but I think with expectations so high as it hosts a tour event every now and then I was let down by the facilities, carts, etc. The course was in good shape, etc but a couple holes run alongside Dubs Dread and you can tell a difference from afar which course gets the most attention. Next time will play Dubs.

Ummmmm my invite?!

From The HTC One Blue!

Ummmmm my invite?!

From The HTC One Blue!
It was a mess with tee times and not knowing how many we had each day. Trevor brought it up, but we didn't have an set tee times until the night before, we were scrambling every night trying to find a place to play. Next year.

It's cool. I'll yell at Trevor later.

It was a mess with tee times and not knowing how many we had each day. Trevor brought it up, but we didn't have an set tee times until the night before, we were scrambling every night trying to find a place to play. Next year.

Played it once a LONG time ago. I'd rather buy the membership at Stonewall Orchard. It's cheaper and a much better course. It's interesting to see what private courses are putting out there to try and bring in memberships though. Wish i lived close to Bull Valley. I'd be there in a heartbeat!

From Lake Barrington Shores...Never been don't know anything about it... would be happy to forward the email if anyone needs it.

That's Lake Barrington Shores Golf Club in northwest suburban Lake Barrington, IL. Exclusivity, fine amenities, an outstanding golf course...it's all here. And becoming a Member is even more affordable starting July 1st when all memberships are pro-rated. Join today for as little as $270 and enjoy:
  • A spectacular, meticulously conditioned 18-hole championship golf course set amidst undulating terrain and featuring lush, tree-lined fairways, impeccable greens and serene ponds.
  • Fabulous onsite dining.
  • Unlimited driving range privileges and locker room/club storage options.
  • An array of golf and social programming, including leagues, tournaments and themed special events.
  • Gracious, friendly and knowledgeable Club staff.
Membership categories include Platinum (unlimited golf, pay cart fee only) and Silver (pay green & cart fee each round) and are available for Individual, Couple and Family. Please click here to view and print detailed information and an application. For additional information, please contact General Manager Quentin Grasso at 847-382-4240, ext. 18 or at quentin@lbsgolf.com.

SPECIAL OFFER: Present this e-mail at the gate as your "passport" to audition Lake Barrington Shores at a special trial rate of $55 anytime Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) and after 1pm Saturday, Sunday and holidays. Advance reservations required. Please call 847-382-4240, ext. 18 to arrange your tee time.

Trevor said he had a great time. You guys played some awesome courses. Still can't believe you guys did HarborSide in that wind!

Played it once a LONG time ago. I'd rather buy the membership at Stonewall Orchard. It's cheaper and a much better course. It's interesting to see what private courses are putting out there to try and bring in memberships though. Wish i lived close to Bull Valley. I'd be there in a heartbeat!

The little info I can find about the layout at Bull Valley makes me want to play it. Sure looks like a demanding golf course, would love to play it once though. I have a buddy who grew up very close to there in unincorporated Mchenry, and one of our Fraternity brothers was a member there growing up.

The little info I can find about the layout at Bull Valley makes me want to play it. Sure looks like a demanding golf course, would love to play it once though. I have a buddy who grew up very close to there in unincorporated Mchenry, and one of our Fraternity brothers was a member there growing up.

Easily the toughest course I've ever played.....

From The HTC One Blue!

I love how this happens after I move. But, check out Mill Creek in Geneva, Pottawatomie in St. Charles assuming it's recovered from the Fox River Floods, Tanna Farms isn't bad either, also, try Settler's Hill, it's got a par 3 on a MAMMOTH hill

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S

Everyone hop in on the Countryside deal! The courses are in great shape. I've been working my tail off there.

I much prefer the prairie course. I've been playing a whole lot there and I always decide to play prairie. However, the traditional course is such a nice change up. I played it yesterday and definitely shot a couple strokes worse.

Buy 2 and we can play both courses! Just let me know when one of you guys head over there so I can introduce myself if I am working.

I'll be in the Tinley Park area August 30th. Anyone wanna play?

Played St.Andrews today. First time. Shot an 88 that could have been a 80 really easily. I'll be back. Great practice facility!

I'll be in the Tinley Park area August 30th. Anyone wanna play?

I will if I'm in town.

From The HTC One Blue!

Nice. Any course ideas? Need one close to the concert place whatever it's called now.

I've only played odyssey down there which is ok. I'll check out more as I figure out if I'm here as we get closer.

From The HTC One Blue!

Back