Cobra Bio Cell and Bio Cell+ Fairway Wood Preview

Hopefully mine will be here by next weekend and so that I can get it out on the course and give it a go.
When that happens, I'll definitely have to come back and share my thoughts.

Reg 3-4 I traded for just got the 6Q3 Red-Tie treatment I'll be using in the MC so it'll be good to go tomorrow. Really excited to get some time with this setup in combo with the driver setup I'll be using. Not to mention, the fairways are really nice.

The big brown truck stopped my office a little while ago and left me a nice tall box from Dick's Sporting Goods. Gotta get home and mow today so that hopefully I can slip off to the course tomorrow or Friday afternoon and try my Bio Cell driver and fairway out.

Reg 3-4 I traded for just got the 6Q3 Red-Tie treatment I'll be using in the MC so it'll be good to go tomorrow. Really excited to get some time with this setup in combo with the driver setup I'll be using. Not to mention, the fairways are really nice.

My 3-4 fairway is definitely the the best all around 3 wood for me easy to elevate and hit off the deck and tee. Regular pxv shaft is no slouch either but could always find one more suited. Hey Jman how does the pxv compare to the red tie?

I've been using the 3-4 Bio Cell for about a month now and was having trouble getting it off the ground, from a tee I was okay. I've started choking down an inch and it's night and day, I can actually hit it off the deck now. Might have to get it cut down....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My 3-4 fairway is definitely the the best all around 3 wood for me easy to elevate and hit off the deck and tee. Regular pxv shaft is no slouch either but could always find one more suited. Hey Jman how does the pxv compare to the red tie?

For me it was higher spinning and launching, not a bad thing at all, but for the lofts I want to play it at it was just a bit much FOR ME. I think with the way most am's struggle elevating fairways they are a much improved stock pairing than a lot out there, especially the Amp Cell last year.

Got the 3w out today for range and course work, I've been itching for this for a long time since I sent my 5w up to visit its Uncle Erik in the great white north as that one had become an incredibly useful club for me from the deck and tee. I've got the 3w set to 16* and its playing at 43" which is exactly what it'll be in the MC. I was absolutely killing this one today off the tee, just an ideal ball flight and a hell of a lot more distance than I expected to be honest, its not as long at the + for me for sheer distance, but its a hell of a lot more confidence inspiring at address FOR ME. Also hit it well off the deck, a little flat/low for what I want, but I think I can remedy that with some time working with it and my angle of attack.

It may not be the longest fairway out there, but its the favorite line of fairways I have personally hit this year and I'm not afraid to say that.

Got my + 3-4 wood in. Gaming it at 13.5 with the d+ x-stiff and it hits high rockets off the tee and off the deck. These are the best all around fairways I've ever hit, hands down. Actually had a conversation with a guy from cobra r&d about how good these things are and how they are flying under the radar because of all the talk on the drivers this year. He basically said they are the best club they have out this year.

Of course, they're not for everyone, but I've never had something so good off the tee and be so good off the deck. I've always preferred shallower faced fairways and I think these deep models have been a big reason folks have struggled hitting fairways off the deck the last few years.

Got my + 3-4 wood in. Gaming it at 13.5 with the d+ x-stiff and it hits high rockets off the tee and off the deck. These are the best all around fairways I've ever hit, hands down. Actually had a conversation with a guy from cobra r&d about how good these things are and how they are flying under the radar because of all the talk on the drivers this year. He basically said they are the best club they have out this year.

Of course, they're not for everyone, but I've never had something so good off the tee and be so good off the deck. I've always preferred shallower faced fairways and I think these deep models have been a big reason folks have struggled hitting fairways off the deck the last few years.

I would agree with it being Cobra's best club of the year. Between both versions there's something for every player.

I adore my reg 3-4, the + was fun as hell to review and is to play as well, but I want the added forgiveness

I adore my reg 3-4, the + was fun as hell to review and is to play as well, but I want the added forgiveness

Ya, hard to mess up the regular 3-4 set up at 16*.

Ya, hard to mess up the regular 3-4 set up at 16*.

Its something else for me, having reviewed a lot of fairways and hit pretty mcuh every offering this year I know a lot of its just personal confidence in the club, but dammit they're solid. So so so so solid.

The reg 3w is going to be an absolute blessing for me next month at the MC off the tee. Freaking love it, high, beautiful, bombs.

I've got to agree with what several of you have been posting recently. I finally got my Bio Cell 3/4 wood out to the course yesterday and it is one solid fairway wood. I was pretty sure my Mashie F3 would be hanging around a while, but in just a few swings, the Bio Cell may have already knocked it out of the bag.
I did top a couple of balls, which is something I haven't done in quite a while, but everything else went straight and longer that what I'm used to. This club could get me in some trouble on the course because from areas I've been used to swinging away with my 3-wood, I was hitting the Bio Cell long enough to get into trouble that was very rarely in play before... and that's with me taking it somewhat easy since the Bio Cell and I were on our first date.

I've got to agree with what several of you have been posting recently. I finally got my Bio Cell 3/4 wood out to the course yesterday and it is one solid fairway wood. I was pretty sure my Mashie F3 would be hanging around a while, but in just a few swings, the Bio Cell may have already knocked it out of the bag.
I did top a couple of balls, which is something I haven't done in quite a while, but everything else went straight and longer that what I'm used to. This club could get me in some trouble on the course because from areas I've been used to swinging away with my 3-wood, I was hitting the Bio Cell long enough to get into trouble that was very rarely in play before... and that's with me taking it somewhat easy since the Bio Cell and I were on our first date.

Good to hear. I have a few more rounds in with my 3-4 wood and its super consistent and straight for me off the turf (and I'm not historically a consistent or straight 3 wood player). I was hooking it sometimes off the tee but I just teed it lower and hit it like its off the turf which fixed that. The best part for me is the feel of the club when I swing it, I just put a smooth and simple swing on it and the club just performs.

Good feedback Karl, glad its working for you.

The Bio Cell 5 wood set to 17.5 was the star of my round today. I used it off the tee 7 times today and hit 6 fairways with it, which is incredible for me. The sound that this thing makes when you really catch one just makes me giggle, it's a really loud 'LASH' that tells you and your whole group that you tagged it.

I'm struggling with it off the deck while it's set to 17.5, but when I had it set at 20 I could hit it off the deck pretty good...I'll keep working on it.

Hitting my new bio cell 3 wood better each time out. Have never carried a 3 wood until recently after 20+ years of golf. Just have never been able to hit them. Giving my best effort on learning and really liking the bio cell. This thing is as solid of a wood that i have ever hit. I have the stock stiff shaft and it performs well for me. I do my part with a good swing it produces a nice draw both off tee and deck. I have learned that i cant tee up very high on the tee box. This is a great club. I would add that a friend purchased a bio cell after hitting mine. He also purchased a bio cell hybrid as well and i hit it, holy crap, hit the you know what out of it. Will be purchasing one of those soon.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Hitting my new bio cell 3 wood better each time out. Have never carried a 3 wood until recently after 20+ years of golf. Just have never been able to hit them. Giving my best effort on learning and really liking the bio cell. This thing is as solid of a wood that i have ever hit. I have the stock stiff shaft and it performs well for me. I do my part with a good swing it produces a nice draw both off tee and deck. I have learned that i cant tee up very high on the tee box. This is a great club. I would add that a friend purchased a bio cell after hitting mine. He also purchased a bio cell hybrid as well and i hit it, holy crap, hit the you know what out of it. Will be purchasing one of those soon.

After hitting the 5/7W a few times, I decided it was time for a change. Dropped the Baffler XL big sticks and went all BiO Cell. Have the 5/7FW, 3/4H, and 4/5H on the way.

After hitting the 5/7W a few times, I decided it was time for a change. Dropped the Baffler XL big sticks and went all BiO Cell. Have the 5/7FW, 3/4H, and 4/5H on the way.

They are great clubs. Love my bio cell 3 wood but not so sure if i dont like the bio cell hybrid better. Will try and pick one up soon.

They are great clubs. Love my bio cell 3 wood but not so sure if i dont like the bio cell hybrid better. Will try and pick one up soon.

Post MC I'll be bio 3/4, 5/7, and then 4/5 hy I think, soooooooo good and sooooooo many options. Love the hybo's, love the fairways too.

Post MC I'll be bio 3/4, 5/7, and then 4/5 hy I think, soooooooo good and sooooooo many options. Love the hybo's, love the fairways too.

Post MC if you ever want to part with those Red Ties...nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean?

The Bio Cell 5 wood set to 17.5 was the star of my round today. I used it off the tee 7 times today and hit 6 fairways with it, which is incredible for me. The sound that this thing makes when you really catch one just makes me giggle, it's a really loud 'LASH' that tells you and your whole group that you tagged it.

I'm struggling with it off the deck while it's set to 17.5, but when I had it set at 20 I could hit it off the deck pretty good...I'll keep working on it.

I get best results off the turf by standing a little closer to the ball and swinging a bit steeper with a sight fade type smooth body swing. Hope this helps.

So i got another round in today with the bio cell 3-4 wood. I dont have driving range anywhere close so i cant work with it except while playing, this thing just keeps getting better and better. I also dont have any golf shops anywhere close so i cant hit other brands, lofts, shafts, etc so i rely on you all on thp, i cant imagine any other 3 woods out there that i could hit better, especially for someone like me who is new to 3 woods. The bio cell is just a great club.

I really think I will need to add the 3/4 to the bag. The 5/7 has been a terrific club for me and I am hitting it much farther than I expected. I always seem to look for my ball 20 yards short of where it end up. I just need to remember to tee it lower and the face is not very tall.

So i got another round in today with the bio cell 3-4 wood. I dont have driving range anywhere close so i cant work with it except while playing, this thing just keeps getting better and better. I also dont have any golf shops anywhere close so i cant hit other brands, lofts, shafts, etc so i rely on you all on thp, i cant imagine any other 3 woods out there that i could hit better, especially for someone like me who is new to 3 woods. The bio cell is just a great club.

+1 I have no big stores nearby. THP has really helped my game and saved me money by helping me find the right stuff the first time.

Back