The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our government and tax laws!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Instead of drinking beers and eating burgers I'm cleaning out the desolate wasteland that is my 8 yr olds room in muggy heat since the AC decided to crap out today. It's pouring out which isn't helping the humidity any. Already have a plumber coming on Monday to fix a bad outside faucet, looks like my bill tripled at the very least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm at the station for the next 3 days, no playing golf w/THPers, no beer, no barbecues

Stuck in NJ?

Hope you can get out soon
After having 4 flights cancelled on us with united in Newark we are at the gate at JFK on American and it looks promising after two days, no sleeping, and a lot of anxiety.

After having 4 flights cancelled on us with united in Newark we are at the gate at JFK on American and it looks promising after two days, no sleeping, and a lot of anxiety.

Hope it works out for you and you get out, enjoy Europe

Another big crack in my windshield. Stupid flood forced me to take a detour.

I have one, giant, huge rant, multiplied in intensity by numerous stories of such stupidity and unpatriotic behavior, it makes my blood boil. I have been utterly incensed about all this for the last few days....days that I should have been spending celebrating what the 4th means and not worrying about the future of the country I volunteered 21 years of my family's life for.
It has reached a boiling point.

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE

Thank God for people like this, and these.

Bookmark this post. It will act as proof of what I predict will eventually become a bigger crisis in this country than unemployment, oil prices, discrimination, taxes, presidents acting illegally outside of the Constitution....oh wait.

Debate room worthy? Yes. A true and heartfelt rant? Also yes. So I will rant once here and leave it at that.
/rant

It never ceases to amaze me how little I hear and see on the News about these massive issues, but am subjected to dozens of feel good stories that don't have any real impact for anybody.

It never ceases to amaze me how little I hear and see on the News about these massive issues, but am subjected to dozens of feel good stories that don't have any real impact for anybody.

I think it's something along the lines of "bread and circuses" from the Roman times. Keep the people happy (or distracted) and they'll pay no attention to the important stuff crumbling around them.

Not with a 10' pole

Just got word from my father that my grandmother is not doing well at all. She and my grandfather decided to go up to NH to visit my uncle, a 3 hour drive that was NOT a good idea. She became ill and extremely disoriented while there, and they admitted her to an ER. They moved her back down here to MA to a hospital close to her home, and she's now septic and both of her kidneys are blocked. Her doc advised my aunt to contact my father and have him get out there first thing in the morning. We should know more in the morning, but I won't be sleeping well at all tonight.

Thoughts are with you russtopher.

Prayers going your way russ

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family Russ.

So sorry to hear that Russ. Thoughts and prayers out to her and your family.

In 2011 my city had a once in a 100 year flood. Devastating homes, businesses, and changing the way our city deals with flood measures. Last week, the river began rising rapidly again, due to intense rains for a long period of time. Towns are being evacuated, roads and bridges are washed out.

Our city began drastic action to deal with this new impending flood. It raised the levels on the permanent dikes to 2 feet above the levels needed for the 100 year flood. This evening the river was supposed to crest. Weather was good. Everything was great.
20 minutes ago a massive thunderstorm rolled through. 100km/hr winds, golf-ball sized hail, and more rain than I had ever seen in such a period of time. Couldn't even see out the windows, that is how much rain was coming down. Winds so strong it blew in a window screen in my home, drenching my bedroom.

I can only imagine how much this new rain will affect our town.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and words, everyone. I just got word that she is no longer in critical condition, but she's looking at at least a week in ICU to recover. Very thankful right now.

Two groups out here on this 9 hole course with at least 4 golf carts per group.... fun.

In 2011 my city had a once in a 100 year flood. Devastating homes, businesses, and changing the way our city deals with flood measures. Last week, the river began rising rapidly again, due to intense rains for a long period of time. Towns are being evacuated, roads and bridges are washed out.

Our city began drastic action to deal with this new impending flood. It raised the levels on the permanent dikes to 2 feet above the levels needed for the 100 year flood. This evening the river was supposed to crest. Weather was good. Everything was great.
20 minutes ago a massive thunderstorm rolled through. 100km/hr winds, golf-ball sized hail, and more rain than I had ever seen in such a period of time. Couldn't even see out the windows, that is how much rain was coming down. Winds so strong it blew in a window screen in my home, drenching my bedroom.

I can only imagine how much this new rain will affect our town.

Man that's rough Brad, hopefully everyone comes through it safely.

Great news Russ!!

After the storm last night, our city is looking at the aftermath. The dikes somehow held, so the threat of flood may have diminished a bit. Trees and powerlines toppled all over the place, evergreens snapped in half in some areas.

Other than that, everything looks ok. Thank goodness we packed up our tent and came home from camping yesterday, we would have been in a heap of trouble had we stayed.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and words, everyone. I just got word that she is no longer in critical condition, but she's looking at at least a week in ICU to recover. Very thankful right now.

Glad to hear it man! Positive vibes still coming your way.

Two rants.

Minor one first. Also a common one. Despite the fact that play was stacked up at least 5 holes head of us, this guy who looked like George Hamilton kept hitting into us as we waited in the fairway for the group ahead of us to finish on the green. Thankfully, they quit after #13 because I was tempted to throw that guy into the ravine. Never once even yelled fore.

Second rant is that somewhere between holes #2 and the #4 tee, the weight in my ZL Encore fell out along with whatever mounting piece the weight screwed into. Played the rest of the front with the whirring sound of air in the head and a sound at impact that could best be described as that of a whiffle ball bat. I put some packing tape over the hole at the turn and that fixed the air sound and muted the whiffle ball bat one a bit but the lack of weight really seemed to affect the dispersion and forgiveness of the club. Gonna try it out with some lead tape over hole with some different tape and see what happen. Fingers crossed because I may need to buy a new head if not. :banghead:

Turns out I lost my green THP towel. I didn't have it this morning but I figured I left it in my car from when I put my clubs in my wife's car. Not the case. Looks like I left it at the course Friday and I doubt anyone turned it in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back