What club do we spend the most $ on???

Driver, for sure.

I'd say drivers for me. I've spent a lot of money on putters over the years but most were for collecting.

Single club ends up being driver based on the price of shafts. Collection as a whole it's putter, and it's really no contest for me.

Exactly my situation as well. Even tough I've given one of my putters away last year.

I would believe driver. Everyone has their own preference though.

For me? It is a wedge.... but that is because it is the only thing I bought brand new.

This would have been a great question to put into a poll thread. That being said, I would expect more money is spent on drivers than any other single club in the bag. It is probably most often replaced as well. Would be interesting to see the marketing stats. on this.

Driver for me, exacerbated by shafts normally. I like insert putters, so that typically keeps my cost there a bit lower.

For me, aside from a set of irons, it's always been driver. With the cost of drivers approaching that of a full set of irons it's easy ro see why. I usually look for 2 or 3 year old brand new drivers that have never been hit like an R1 or something from Wilson Staff like what I have now. Tour Edge makes an excellent driver as well IMO. Lot of good choices out there. The r1 is only a year old but the price has dropped in half. I've seen some for under 100 bucks on the bay brand new.

I suspect the average person spends the most on the driver slot in the bag. The driver may not be the single most expensive club at the bag at all times, but I suspect the average person loses the most on the driver tying to find the "right" one.

I would argue that the most money should be spent on the putter slot. It is the club that is used the most.

I've bought and sold a lot of clubs. If you look at the bag as slots and factor in my current inventory, the most expensive slot is the #1 (driver) followed by the putter. The most expensive single club in my bag is neither one though.

I spent $958 on a custom fit Tour Edge XGC6 driver with a UST VTS TourSPX shaft and a custom fit Tour Edge CB5 16.5 degree fairway with an Accra AC75 shaft (pre-THP). So I'll go with that. Worst part? Neither lasted in my bag longer than a few months (driver was out quicker).

I would say most spend on drivers due to how easy it has become to tinker with shafts

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Back