The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The king of the surprise is worried about getting caught by surprise. This must be an important and intense meeting....Knock'em dead buddy.

Good luck JB. Haven't met you yet, but if I've learned one thing about you in the year I've been on here it's that you kill it in anything you're a part of. Knock em dead dude.

I have a meeting tomorrow that I am flying by the seat of my pants on. Not because I am not prepared, but I pride myself in being overprepared for every single meeting I go into. This one could have some things that catch me by surprise, and while I will have the answers, its not the same as days of preparation.
The fact that you're "concerned" says a lot about who you are and how you handle these situations. Just remember, the people on the other side of the table are in the same boat, yet probably aren't anywhere near as prepared. OWN IT!

So I accidentally opened someone else's mail. It was from Geico, which I was expecting new ID cards anyways and I just opened without even looking at the name on the envelope. Whoops. Now I'm not really sure what to do.

So I accidentally opened someone else's mail. It was from Geico, which I was expecting new ID cards anyways and I just opened without even looking at the name on the envelope. Whoops. Now I'm not really sure what to do.

If you know the people (neighbor) I would just hand it to them and explain what happened. If it is somebody you don't know, I would seal it up, write "Delivered to wrong address" and drop it off in a mailbox. Or just throw it in the trash ... If it was that important geico will remail it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twitter has a very strange way of shortening photos. It made for a very disturbing pic a few minutes ago.

twitpic%252C+7-7.png

Ate at an Irish pub tonight. They had potato soup on the menu but no quesadillas.

If you grew up in the 80s and you're not watching the Goldbergs on ABC you're missing out on the funniest show on TV.

It's your guys Wonder Years. One of our favorite shows of this season.

Michigan slice you want an Irish pub come to bay city and come to "the green hut"

I miss the Florida/Georgia crew.

....and Jameson.
How you think that wrist will be feeling in August?

We need to make it a NY/MI/GA/FL crew next time.
Talk has been thrown around by a couple of us for a round of golf near the Orlando area sometime in August.

How you think that wrist will be feeling in August?

Talk has been thrown around by a couple of us for a round of golf near the Orlando area sometime in August.

I honestly would be guessing at this point. Cast comes off July 17, and then a "brace" or whatever the doctor was talking about goes on. In a perfect world I'd be golfing by mid-August, but again, that's a total guess for the next 9 days.

Lost my THP ball marker that came with my divot tool...no idea how or where it disappeared.

This is going here because it's not really a rant, just kind of lousy.
My last remaining grandparent passed this morning.
Sad, yes, but we're all happy she's better off now and no longer hiding her pain.

See, she apparently had some pretty big issues and never told anyone. She has always been the type of woman to always do the most she could for others while never letting you worry about her over anything. Turns out she had a pretty major heart problem and after landing in the hospital for pneumonia, the heart just couldn't keep up. The family had no idea until the doctor said something while they were in the room visiting with her.

She accepted the fact she was really sick and just told the doctors to 'take out all these tubes'. He told her she wouldn't survive without help, but she insisted. She wasn't about to go through surgery and recovery. She knew her time had come and was good with that. In fact, when I visited her during my time in Indy for the Invitational, she told me as much.
"Sean, I'm 84 and have led a great life! How long does a person need to live, anyway? I'm happy and know that I have nothing left to do on this Earth." I guess I should have seen it coming after that.

Anyway, after the nurses complied with Dr's orders, she had about an hour to say her goodbyes, she had some messages for certain people, and passed peacefully surrounded by love.

I'm on my way to Indy tomorrow for the rest of the week. It will be a reunion of a rather large family coming together again to honor her life. I'm sure it might hit me harder later, but now I know she is better off and no longer hurting.

Anyway, I'm more relieved than saddened right now. She left us on her terms and was happy with that. She was 84. Facebooked with the family every day, and her cover photo was her in a Colts jersey with a big grin on her face.

RIP Grammy

This is going here because it's not really a rant, just kind of lousy.
My last remaining grandparent passed this morning.
Sad, yes, but we're all happy she's better off now and no longer hiding her pain.

See, she apparently had some pretty big issues and never told anyone. She has always been the type of woman to always do the most she could for others while never letting you worry about her over anything. Turns out she had a pretty major heart problem and after landing in the hospital for pneumonia, the heart just couldn't keep up. The family had no idea until the doctor said something while they were in the room visiting with her.

She accepted the fact she was really sick and just told the doctors to 'take out all these tubes'. He told her she wouldn't survive without help, but she insisted. She wasn't about to go through surgery and recovery. She knew her time had come and was good with that. In fact, when I visited her during my time in Indy for the Invitational, she told me as much.
"Sean, I'm 84 and have led a great life! How long does a person need to live, anyway? I'm happy and know that I have nothing left to do on this Earth." I guess I should have seen it coming after that.

Anyway, after the nurses complied with Dr's orders, she had about an hour to say her goodbyes, she had some messages for certain people, and passed peacefully surrounded by love.

I'm on my way to Indy tomorrow for the rest of the week. It will be a reunion of a rather large family coming together again to honor her life. I'm sure it might hit me harder later, but now I know she is better off and no longer hurting.

Anyway, I'm more relieved than saddened right now. She left us on her terms and was happy with that. She was 84. Facebooked with the family every day, and her cover photo was her in a Colts jersey with a big grin on her face.

RIP Grammy

Thoughts and prayers buddy. Safe travels.

Sean, my condolences. Losing a loved one is always difficult, especially one who was an integral part of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back