The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

This was the only thing I am/was totally confused about. First it was "I want to see if we can build talent around me", but that is really hard to do without them knowing if he will be there, due to the structuring of the contract. Can you imagine the outrage in Miami if he walks after that comment. And they are stuck near the end of free agency holding the bag when they could have made a run at big talent with max contract or close?

No kidding, it really puts teams in limbo and you could see where if you are stuck on the wrong end of the waiting game it will end up setting you back probably a season or 2. Especially the Heat assuming if he leaves then at least Bosh is gone. And if he takes his good old time in deciding, the FA market may be slim pickings.

Heck if Bosh gets tired of waiting and goes to Hou, then the Heat could end up with Melo and lebron lol

No kidding, it really puts teams in limbo and you could see where if you are stuck on the wrong end of the waiting game it will end up setting you back probably a season or 2. Especially the Heat assuming if he leaves then at least Bosh is gone. And if he takes his good old time in deciding, the FA market may be slim pickings.

Heck if Bosh gets tired of waiting and goes to Hou, then the Heat could end up with Melo and lebron lol

It really is an intriguing market because you have the best player in the world commanding it. And based on his agent, he is making a "push" to have two teams offering here in Cleveland ("make your offer") and Miami ("I need talent"). But not speaking (which is a good thing), the process will hopefully go quickly. The only way this ends poorly for him is if he takes forever to do so and leaves one of these teams holding the bag. If he moves swiftly, meaning the right thing to do, nobody (outside of Mia or Cle) could be "upset".

It really is an intriguing market because you have the best player in the world commanding it. And based on his agent, he is making a "push" to have two teams offering here in Cleveland ("make your offer") and Miami ("I need talent"). But not speaking (which is a good thing), the process will hopefully go quickly. The only way this ends poorly for him is if he takes forever to do so and leaves one of these teams holding the bag. If he moves swiftly, meaning the right thing to do, nobody (outside of Mia or Cle) could be "upset".

Yeah for once the Cavs are in a decent spot. Roster can only get better from this day moving forward (mainly due to sucking in the past), the Heat are not in that same situation.

Cavs also have a bunch of picks next year (lots are protected though), if they could somehow put together a package with those and Waiters and/or Bennett for Love I would cry.

PG-Irving
SG-Waiters (if he is around still, if not maybe Ray Allen?)
SF-Wiggins
PF-Lebron
C-Kevin Love

Bench:
Tristan Thompson
Bennett (if he is still around)

Id be in heaven

who will make a decision first, Melo or Lebron?

Yeah for once the Cavs are in a decent spot. Roster can only get better from this day moving forward (mainly due to sucking in the past), the Heat are not in that same situation.

Cavs also have a bunch of picks next year (lots are protected though), if they could somehow put together a package with those and Waiters and/or Bennett for Love I would cry.

PG-Irving
SG-Waiters (if he is around still, if not maybe Ray Allen?)
SF-Wiggins
PF-Lebron
C-Kevin Love

Bench:
Tristan Thompson
Bennett (if he is still around)

Id be in heaven
Uhhh. Pipe dream.

Uhhh. Pipe dream.

Oh no doubt, a shame Bennett was a turd last year or they may be able to make a more enticing offer.

My guess is Melo, Lebon will milk it to stay in the spotlight
Agreed, he still needs time to schedule his special announcement episode!

Hmm now with Lebron in limbo and Miami low ball offer Bosh is seriously considering Houston's max offer according to Broussard

Kyrie agreed to terms on a 5 year $90M extension with Cavs last night.

#Whew!

This is delayed, but man, that is an insane amount of money. Not in an NBA sense, but as a guy who doesn't follow the NBA cap or average salary much at all.. Just wow.

This is delayed, but man, that is an insane amount of money. Not in an NBA sense, but as a guy who doesn't follow the NBA cap or average salary much at all.. Just wow.
Drop in the bucket compared to the 30 mil Kobe made last year

Shewww... Rockets offering Bosh 4 years 96 million!

Hmm now with Lebron in limbo and Miami low ball offer Bosh is seriously considering Houston's max offer according to Broussard

Honestly, this is best case for LeBron, Bosh and the Heat. Bosh is a nobody that wants to be a somebody and LeBron will ALWAYS be the "guy" on any team. It would clear space for the Heat to bring in some real talent that will actually help and LeBron gets his max money.

Wade will slowly disappear over the next year or two so the Heat need to be smart and not give him any serious money. I would load his contract with performance based incentives and not guarantee much at all.

I'm sort of torn on the whole Bosh situation. I think he would fit really well in Houston and he would be the stretch 4 that Morey has been looking for. However, I am not sure he is worth the max. This does put Houston in a "win now" position and it lets them retain Parsons (if Bosh signs within 72 hours of Parsons signing an offer sheet), though. I guess in the grand scheme, the difference between Bosh's max money and his market value will not be a huge difference. They will still need to pawn off Lin on Philly or somewhere else.

A lineup of Beverley, Harden, Parsons, Bosh, Howard does look pretty good, though.

man I cant even fathom how much tickets would go for in his first game back in Cle

He isn't worth half that

I disagree. I don't think he is a max player, but he is worth 48 million over 4 in this market.

I disagree. I don't think he is a max player, but he is worth 48 million over 4 in this market.

Agree here, not worth max, but a 4 for $60 for what he does is more "reasonable"

Definition of "worth" comes into play.

For me, Bosh is extremely disappointing in almost all aspects of his game. At least when comparing him to the old version in Toronto. I personally think he has been a bigger detriment than help to the Heat and LeBron. My gut says LeBron really wants Bosh off the team and to bring in some size that will actually play his game. JMO of course. Not saying I am right by any means.

For me, Bosh is extremely disappointing in almost all aspects of his game. At least when comparing him to the old version in Toronto. I personally think he has been a bigger detriment than help to the Heat and LeBron. My gut says LeBron really wants Bosh off the team and to bring in some size that will actually play his game. JMO of course. Not saying I am right by any means.

He also went from #1 option in Toronto to 3rd banana in Miami. You will have a decrease in numbers when your usage decreases. His offensive efficiency is as good as ever and he has more range on the court than he ever has. He will be second option at best in Houston, as well.

Agree here, not worth max, but a 4 for $60 for what he does is more "reasonable"

Honest question and one that may be tough to answer if you don't follow the Utah Jazz at all but I believe Gordon Hayward was offered around $15M/year from the Jazz. This is because the Cavs were going to make a max offer to him of some kind. I truly don't know the details on all that.

Here is the quesiton....Bosh or Hayward at $15M a year for the next 4 years?

Okay, say Bosh leaves... who do the Heat bring in to fill his void?

Back