Best Fairway Woods of 2014

Love my Jetspeed off the tee. Deck is a different story but that's just me not being able to hit a FW off the deck. Such a long club though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A second for the bio cell. Very solid and very long for me.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

I prefer the Covert 2.0 to anything I have ever hit. Long, straight and forgiving.

Its a fun one, I was amazed at how HIIIIIGH it launches.

Best..it's totally subjective.... I'm going to say the one you have the most confidence with. I'm partial to my Callaway 2 deep and 5 deep.

Its a fun one, I was amazed at how HIIIIIGH it launches.

A high launching fairway is a treat. An absolute treat.

A high launching fairway is a treat. An absolute treat.

Yeppers, makes life a hell of a lot better than low ropes. Second year in a row the fairway is the highlight of that lineup IMO. Solid.

Yeppers, makes life a hell of a lot better than low ropes. Second year in a row the fairway is the highlight of that lineup IMO. Solid.

Many lineups have a fairway wood as a highlight. It's where tech can really show itself.

The Adams XTD 3w impressed me most of all this year.

If you want a high launching FW that is easy to hit off the deck, then the Adams TL, Bobby Jones line, and Tour Edge XRail/Trilogy and Cobra Baffler T are going to be hard to beat.

I really enjoy the XHot, but the trajectory for me is a bit more out than straight up -- at least with the 4W. The 7W is a different story. That thing hits moon balls.

If you're willing to go a little older, I've been playing around with a Nickent 4DX lately. It's shafted outside of the standard, but the head design itself has a lot of weight down low. The ball gets up in the air fast.

I love my Titleist Fd Low Spin. I have a pretty high ball flight, so the 13.5 loft and the low spin really fit my game.

Heard a ton of great things about the Covert 2.0 if you're looking for a 3 wood that can fly far and bring rain.

Ive gone through 4 Fairway woods this year.
Callaway Razr X black, couldnt hit it straight for the life of me.
Cobra Amp Cell, Loved it off the tee, not a huge fan off the deck.
Callaway XHot, Loved it off the deck and Tee just couldnt straighten it out with my swing.
Cobra Bio cell, LOVE IT personally everything i want in a FW long straight and forgiving, i can actually hit it straight!

My 2 Cents

I tried 3-woods from all the big manufacturers ....ended up with a Mizuno EZ 5-wood as long for me as all the other 3-woods I tried ...would have bought the EZ 3-wood but to close to my driver and to big a gap to my 3-hybrid...try one you will be very very surprised...

Another vote for the 588 (it's the only 2014 fairway I've hit though).

I did love it when I was prepping for it to be in the MC (hit Nates and many at the stores)-- I will get to put the 588 5 wood through the MC next week and will update here.

I personally like my 3 Wood. I had no idea that Woods were not very popular for whatever reason nowadays? Not sure what changed along the way but I use mine. It's in the bag. As for 2014 model? not sure what is best out there.

Really the only one I hit worth a damn was the Bobby Jones Black.

I hope you have this @PGA national in Sept. :)

Another vote for the bio cell 3/4 I've actually been able to hit this from the fairway and it's been pretty solid off the tee as well.

588 5 wood has my vote. Nothing more reliable for me.

X2 Hot Pro is incredible! I love it!

After trying several of the fairway woods you guys mentioned it is down to Adams Tight Lies and Cleveland 588 custom. I haven't tried the Bobby Jones yet and would like to. How does the Adams Tight Lies and Bobby Jones compare? The Adams TL really launches but at this stage that is what I need. The 588 is longer than the tight lies.

I've gotta get my vote in for Bertha again. I had a few shots yesterday from the deck that were just absolutely smoked. She's so easy to hit

After trying several of the fairway woods you guys mentioned it is down to Adams Tight Lies and Cleveland 588 custom. I haven't tried the Bobby Jones yet and would like to. How does the Adams Tight Lies and Bobby Jones compare? The Adams TL really launches but at this stage that is what I need. The 588 is longer than the tight lies.

I've not hit the Bobby Jones yet, bur from the sounds of it they have a decent bit in common, high launch, easy off the deck, and a little shorter than other options out there. You'll find that most other fairways are longer than the TL, but its all about what you want/need!

I've gotta get my vote in for Bertha again. I had a few shots yesterday from the deck that were just absolutely smoked. She's so easy to hit

I've never been able to hit one off the deck. My Bertha 3W is just point click & shot. Love the confidence it gives me.

I've never been able to hit one off the deck. My Bertha 3W is just point click & shot. Love the confidence it gives me.
It really is a fantastic offering. Just feels very solid!

It really is a fantastic offering. Just feels very solid!

Between the face & sole it's just easy to hit and generate distance.

I do want to try the Bobby Jones. Reading up on it has me intrigued.

Between the face & sole it's just easy to hit and generate distance.

I do want to try the Bobby Jones. Reading up on it has me intrigued.
Definitely. Id love to give one a try as well, could be a another good one

I have had great success with the Bio Cell FW's off of the deck as well as off the tee

Back