Country Club Member's Tournaments Thread

Six4three5

Tour Star...Layin' Up!
Reaction score
Handicap
2.5 GHIN
I tried searching around and couldn't find anything, if I missed it mods can merge the threads. I figured because the season is FINALLY starting here in the North East and most every where else now I'd start a thread where we could all share and track our results in our member's tournaments. I plan on playing just about all of them year. My first one being a 36 hole Saturday Sunday tourney on April 26th and 27th. I think it will be neat to track the progress and see how we all do! If anyone has played any already fire away!

cool idea! our first was a couple weeks ago. It was a 3-man shamble format, 9-hole match play, done bracket style. Fittingly titled March Madness :)

We won our first match but then lost the second. It was fun!

The next is a member-member best-ball but I don't think I'll be attending that one. I do plan on doing at least half of the tournaments this year, though.

cool idea! our first was a couple weeks ago. It was a 3-man shamble format, 9-hole match play, done bracket style. Fittingly titled March Madness :)

We won our first match but then lost the second. It was fun!

The next is a member-member best-ball but I don't think I'll be attending that one. I do plan on doing at least half of the tournaments this year, though.

That bracket style tourney sounds like a lot of fun! We have a lot of neat formats we play as well. We play what they call a Red White and Blue tourney (One of my favorites) where we play all 3 tees. Each hole is played from a different tee, blue being the tips, white being the men's and red being the women's. Makes it really fun and challenging because you're hitting tee shots you're not used to at all.

We had our first member-member/member-guest tournament this weekend. It was supposed to be Saturday and Sunday but we were rained out today so they just used Saturday's scoring. The format was 18 holes shamble, 1 gross ball, 1 net ball. The same ball could be used for both. Sunday's format would had us playing our own ball and taking 1 gross and 1 net. Payouts were for 1st and 2nd gross and 1st and 2nd net in each flight. We ended up taking 2nd net in championship flight which meant we got our entry fee plus a few dollars back in shop credit.

That bracket style tourney sounds like a lot of fun! We have a lot of neat formats we play as well. We play what they call a Red White and Blue tourney (One of my favorites) where we play all 3 tees. Each hole is played from a different tee, blue being the tips, white being the men's and red being the women's. Makes it really fun and challenging because you're hitting tee shots you're not used to at all.

This is my first season with my club, but I've heard and read about a couple of the crazy (and cool) tournament formats that they use. One is called Steak or Beans. After the golf, dinner is served on long tables. The winners sit on one side with nice tablecloths, silverware, etc. They get to eat steak and drink wine (or their beverage of choice) and class it up. The losers get the other halves of the tables, directly across from the winners... but their side is bare with only bowls of beans and with only the cheapest beer allowed. Everyone is fed well but it adds a night of bragging rights and luxury for those who come out on top :)

We have a casual tournament the first Sunday of each month, yesterday was our first, I played quite well and cashed in individual and team.

Our first member/member is next month and my partner and I are hoping to build on previous success.

They do a few different formats each day and on each nine, it's a ton of fun.

My club has our match play tournament starting in the next couple of weeks as well as our Member/Member at the end of the month.

Should be fun to get a little pressure on and see where I am right now

Played in our monthly mga yesterday. First six holes were best ball, then scramble then alternate shot for the last six. We did well coming in second (by one stroke of the winners). Had almost as much fun as the event last week in lake Charles.

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

My favorite tourney is at the member guest at the club where I used to live. Now I go back every year as the guest.

Last year they changed the format to flighted match play with 6 teams per flight. Each team plays the other teams in your flight for 9 holes. We play 27 on Saturday & 18 on Sunday. Highest cumulative holes won wins the flight. I really liked this format because you go head to head with all the teams in your flight.

It's amazing how many tournaments are hosted at a country club. Gosh we had so many tournament opportunities when we were members at Monroe CC ! Our new course is more of a public type track so not sure what's in the schedule for the members there yet.

Bumping this thread as I have my first member's tourney this weekend. Called the "Mudders Tournament" I believe it's just a 2 day stroke play event. I'll be updating Sunday with my results!

I partnered up with one of my members in our first Member/Member Scramble Tourmament a few weeks ago. We won with 12 under through the 2 rounds. I also won our first Mens Golf Association Tournament last weekend. It was an A, B, C and D player one day scramble. We shot 12 under.

I partnered up with one of my members in our first Member/Member Scramble Tourmament a few weeks ago. We won with 12 under through the 2 rounds. I also won our first Mens Golf Association Tournament last weekend. It was an A, B, C and D player one day scramble. We shot 12 under.

Not a bad start to the season at all bud! Well done!

Bumping this thread as I have my first member's tourney this weekend. Called the "Mudders Tournament" I believe it's just a 2 day stroke play event. I'll be updating Sunday with my results!
Good luck Jimmy. You're going to rock it bud.

Good luck Jimmy. You're going to rock it bud.

Thanks Pete! There's a few pretty good damn good golfers that play at LeRoy so I'll have my work cut out for me, but I'm ready for the challenge!

Good luck!!

Such an elitist thread.

If only you saw a good 50% of the members at my CC lol. Jeans and T-Shirts baby no elitist here lol.

Played in a neat little tournament today. "Red White & Blue" Started at the red tee box on 1 and then moved on following the color order for each hole. Didn't play well at all though. Just didn't it today and my body felt awful. Felt completely shakey over the ball putting. Ended up shooting 46/37 for an 83. Just awful playing today. Getting back at it tomorrow for 36 holes though so hopefully it'll go much much better.

I played in my CCs annual match play event. I played a 7 handicapper and had a two hole lead until the last 4 holes. I melted down.

I did however LOVE playing it. In fact other than a Scramble I never have competed in any tourneys.

My second match, second chance bracket, I shot one of the worst overall rounds in a year or so. Not to discredit him he played great. He is a 20 HCPer and he played very very well.

Go Big Orange

two to report...

First is always a fun one, we usually play it with Bro in law (16 hcp), my wife (30hcp), and my son (25hcp)...but this year my son was at camp...

Anyways, it is a Orange Ball Scramble, you pick the holes that each person will play the Orange ball, and that is played essentially as a best ball (so it is handicapped by hole), but if you lose the orange ball, your out of that side of the tournament...and the other three in your team play it as a scramble...So every hole (as long as you keep the orange ball) has two scores...

We lost the orange ball on the third hole...but ended up placing just out of the money in 6th place...3 strokes separated 1-6th place...

Second tourney is my bro in laws member guest....is a best ball format...flighted...we were the returning 2 time winners...so the pro put some pressure on us and declared a pot for us to win if we three peated...that was all it took...we sucked but had a great time, I think we placed 4th or something....but is always a fun tournament...

Our Member-Guest is this weekend, but I will not be playing in it, need to work on game for the next three tournaments coming up...just starting to work through the funk I have been in...and need to keep grooving it...new irons and all, so need to get distances dialed....

cool format, and clearly no elitist here!!!

Back