Course Review: Pebble Beach Golf Links

I played there back in Feb 2013 right after the AT&T. We were the 2nd group off at 8:20 and played in less than 4 hours (we were behind a 2-some). Even after the tournament the course was in absolutely perfect shape - the greens were quick but manageable. The views are just amazing.

That really sucks they let you pay the full rate without letting you know the greens were punched. I'd definitely send them an email.

Also - in addition to the full rate of $495 the caddie rate was $80 plus tip. And I would spend it again in a heartbeat if my buddies wanted to do a trip out there!

Here is the photo I took of #9 green looking down #10 fairway:

Pebble Beach #9 and #10.jpg

Great Review! I was lucky enough to play there, Spyglass and Spanish Bay in a Pro-Am about 4 years ago. I was fortunate enough to play for free as I was the accompanying pro. While the prices are definitely steep it's an experience nonetheless and one that should not be passed up if you have the chance. I loved Pebble but my favorite by far was Spyglass.

Nice review buddy. Love the pictures. I did not realize that they charged a $35 cart fee on top of the 500 bucks to tee it up.

Great review buddy! I will make this trip one day

Solid review! Great pics, thanks for sharing, definitely a bucket list course for me.

Nice review buddy. Love the pictures. I did not realize that they charged a $35 cart fee on top of the 500 bucks to tee it up.

I believe if you stay onsite at a Pebble Beach resort the cart is included in the $495 green fee.

I believe if you stay onsite at a Pebble Beach resort the cart is included in the $495 green fee.

that actually made me laugh. Obviously if I've talked myself in to paying 500 for the round I'm ok with the extra $35.

that actually made me laugh. Obviously if I've talked myself in to paying 500 for the round I'm ok with the extra $35.

True - I didn't even think twice about spending another $140 for a caddie. Playing Pebble and not enjoying the walk and surroundings seems absurd unless you have some physical limitations.

And taking a caddy not only helps with reading putts but you get some great history about the course and homes. Also, some great stories.

Nice write up. Some very good pictures, too. It's on the bucket list of courses to play, as I'm sure it is on a LOT of others, too.

That was an amazing review and those pics are wonderful. Thanks!!

IMO if the cart was offered I wouldn't take or recommend it. Seeing and walking that course provided some breath taking experiences. Glad everyone enjoyed the review.

Great review! Thanks for making me jealous! ;)

Great review, and I cant wait to see this one in person...NEXT WEEK! I will be out there for reasons other than golf, but will be taking a tour of Pebble Beach, which is awesome.

Great review, and I cant wait to see this one in person...NEXT WEEK! I will be out there for reasons other than golf, but will be taking a tour of Pebble Beach, which is awesome.

Enjoy it. I went back two nights after I played my round and walked through some of the holes that allow pedestrians on.

Enjoy it. I went back two nights after I played my round and walked through some of the holes that allow pedestrians on.

I can't wait dude.

I can't wait dude.

If you go in the pro shop make sure to ask the cashier if they have any ball marks. I like them better then the ones for sale. Will post a picture tomorrow.

Pebble is sweet, played it along with Spanish bay, links and poppy. Great experience! Did Koehler last year and pinehurst this year.,. It's a work / bucket list trips!

If you go in the pro shop make sure to ask the cashier if they have any ball marks. I like them better then the ones for sale. Will post a picture tomorrow.

Will do!!

great review

Watching the Nature Valley First Tee Open at Pebble Beach and oh the memories.

Watching the Nature Valley First Tee Open at Pebble Beach and oh the memories.
Funny, I just pulled up the Pebble Beach website today. A guy was talking about the golf course at the Wynn in Vegas and how it's so expensive ($500). Pulled up the PB site and said I'd rather play here.

Is there lodging outside of the onsite that is decent that you would recommend?

Is there lodging outside of the onsite that is decent that you would recommend?

Monterey Hilton Garden Inn is where I stayed. Literally 10-15 mins from course. Reasonably priced and in a great location. Not sure if there are any hotels closer.

Back