Contest #1 - 2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

I just had to give a big THANK YOU to all those that took the time to enter the 2014 #Grandaddy and vie for a spot on Team #BasementDwellers.

It was an absolute blast to read all of the entries (some nice and some not so nice) and it would be an honor to lead each one of you into the Zoo for a little taming of those crazy animals.

I hope to see the excitement and interest continue for the forthcoming 6 contests, it's going to be one hell of a fun ride so if you want onboard - keep on bringing the FANTASTIC entries!!

#ZooCrewInTrouble
#CanYouSmellThem

Gonna give it all I got #Cookie. Cant wait to see who the lucky first pick is and good luck to all who entered.

JM

Good luck to everyone who has entered. The ZooCrew is in trouble this year. #Cookie and his #BasementDwellers have one goal and one goal only and thats to hand it to those ZooCrew members. I cant wait to see how this team is formed.

This made me spit water. Definitely my favorite hashtag so far.
Luckily for me, I work in agriculture ... so the smell (#ZooPooh) won't throw me off my game. :wink:

Good luck everyone, I bet cookie is just as nervous as all of those who entered.

The ZooCrew doesn't know it yet, but they should be nervous, Team Basement Dwellers are coming for them.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!! Great first contest to a #BucketList event.

Good luck all. Look forward to seeing who joins Cookie. This will be awesome.

This was a fun contest! Hoping everyone who entered is already working and dedicating every range session, round, putting session into #ZooCrewDestruction!

Hard work now will pay off!

Quick question. I promise I'm being honest and not trying to stick in the needle...

Last year, team THP had a great captain and awesome dude, Hawk. Great guy. Team THP also had good golfers. Team THP also said before the match that they would beat team Callaway by using great chemistry and timely, good play. Team THP was defeated easily and soundly (I say that as a matter of fact, not editorializing one bit).

So, what will team THP do this year to get a different, and more desirable to THP, result in the Grandaddy?

Good luck to all, exciting news coming soon for one excited member.

Quick question. I promise I'm being honest and not trying to stick in the needle...

Last year, team THP had a great captain and awesome dude, Hawk. Great guy. Team THP also had good golfers. Team THP also said before the match that they would beat team Callaway by using great chemistry and timely, good play. Team THP was defeated easily and soundly (I say that as a matter of fact, not editorializing one bit).

So, what will team THP do this year to get a different, and more desirable to THP, result in the Grandaddy?

Well, I get to use Apex this time, so...

Well, I get to use Apex this time, so...
True. Depending on selection, quite a few 2013/14 callaway clubs may be in THPers bags

I think last year everyone thought the zoo crew could sell golf clubs but not actually swing them. this year that myth has been busted and nobody will underestimate your skills. I'm sure hawk will pass on some tips to #Cookie so we can learn from our mistakes instead of repeating them.

Motivation for not having a repeat ending. Last years team prepared timelessly and put heart and soul into it. We all now know what it takes to beat the #zoocrew

Last years THP team was a GREAT team, but they didn't know 100% what was coming, and that's not there fault. They were the 1st, the foundation, as talented as a team can be, it was the 1st, none the less. There's no hiding anymore! Captain #Cookie and this years team knows what's in store. We aren't walking into something, wondering what's to come. We know our opponents, and we are formulating our strategy to defeat the ZooCrew. So WHY would we want to TELL you our plan, we weren't born yesterday! #Comeonman

This year is different because we THPers have a score to settle, and I'm sure every single #BasementDweller will keep that in mind during their prep for this event.

I think that is yet to be determined. Last years team did so much right but did not get the desired result. #Danish will set a different tone and I do expect different results.

This year we know whats coming for the most part and know our opponents a lot better. May sound simple but that can have a big impact. The Zoo Crew also has an inherent advantage of getting to play with each other often being that yall are all based in the area. Team THP will probably be coming from all over the country and rarely do multiple team members get to be at the same event much less play a round together.

More hard work, and learning from last year and leveraging those lessons learned.

One word. Preparation. That is not to say that team THP was not prepared last year however they did not know exactly how good the #zoocrew was. While it is a great event and obviously fun will be had I think Team THP will be far more focused on winning.

The #zoocrew has another thing working on their side. You guys are offering up a great deal to the members that get selected so much so that the members I am sure will be overwhelmed with it all. Team THP needs to be not only physically and technically ready but even more importantly mentally ready. All the trash talk, all the pressure of representing the site , all the amazing swag. The members chosen will need to lean on each other and learn to harness all those emotions in order to play their best golf possible to bring it home for THP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring our own fishing poles. :alien:

#basementdwellers will be doing what the original team did last year, just with more knowledge of our opponents and what to expect.

I think the first event is similar to a team's first trip to the Super Bowl -
Last year - A little overwhelmed by the entire situation, beaten by a well prepared team, not sure what to expect, learning experience, etc...
This year - Score to settle, been there before, single goal focus, better training if you will...

Should be a great battle, #BasementDwellers prevail.

What I'm about to say is not a knock on what my good friend Hawk and the #DreamTeam did last year.....just "lessons learned" if you will as it was a learning experience and a new format a bit different than the THP norm. Will I tell you everything? Of course not....but here's a few tidbits for you to chew on:

- THP is hungry as a whole for a win. We don't take losing well and really don't handle the blasphemous trash talk since then well. *4:49*
- The handicapped format of the event requires a different perspective and careful building of the teams, we will be prepared.
- I'm not as nice as Hawk so you can expect a bunch of mean #BasementDwellers that just have one goal: annihilate the #ZooCrew

**Hi Harry**

#ZooTamerOut

There goes Harry, "Not sticking needle in" as he "Pounds his chest" one more time. Deservedly so. As I have not been picked yet, and am a relative newcomer here I can't say what the plan is, but I'm sure it's formidable. If picked I will bring a game worthy of the pick and able to hold up to whatever the #ZooCrew has to offer. Cockey no, confident yes. Oh by the way. Shouldn't your captain be the one communicatiing?

In just the past six months, I've seen every regular poster here get serious about their game. Being "good enough" doesn't seem to cut it any longer. The desire to improve has infused the entire site, from the beginning golfers to the people who have grown up with the sport and have played for decades. In addition to the lessons learned from last years beat down, I'm sure Captain #Cookie will have a game plan in place to reverse last years outcome by the #ZooCrew.

Bring our own fishing poles. :alien:

#basementdwellers will be doing what the original team did last year, just with more knowledge of our opponents and what to expect.

Hook em and cook em! :bomb:

Back