Download golf pad app for free on your smartphone. Tells you everything you stated above and then some. Did I mention it was free. My idex is 3.8 and it works for me.

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

I'd be curious to know what kind of accuracy it has in comparison to SkyCaddie, as based on all their advertising they actually go out and walk courses with units to mark points.

In either case, I prefer to keep my cell phone battery in good standing rather than using it for a round.

I'd be curious to know what kind of accuracy it has in comparison to SkyCaddie, as based on all their advertising they actually go out and walk courses with units to mark points.

In either case, I prefer to keep my cell phone battery in good standing rather than using it for a round.

Ive compared it to buddies who have your unit plus rangefinders. If its not the same its a yard or two difference. For $20 you can get an external battery and charge your phone during the round. Just sayin!

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

Has anyone gone through the SGX repair program?

I'm debating on whether it's worth it as I really do enjoy the service it provides, just do not love the idea of getting a refurb and paying 90 dollars.

Has anyone gone through the SGX repair program?

I'm debating on whether it's worth it as I really do enjoy the service it provides, just do not love the idea of getting a refurb and paying 90 dollars.
I had to do this about 2 years ago when my original stopped picking up satellites. The refurb they sent has performed flawlessly. Actually better than the original I had bought new when they first came out.

I had to do this about 2 years ago when my original stopped picking up satellites. The refurb they sent has performed flawlessly. Actually better than the original I had bought new when they first came out.

Thanks for the thought my friend. I am incredibly skeptical of refurbs so it's great to hear a positive experience

Thanks for the thought my friend. I am incredibly skeptical of refurbs so it's great to hear a positive experience
I wasn't too keen on it at the time but it's worked well.

Got my replacement SkyCaddie SGXw in the mail and it appears to be functioning well. My courses are already loaded onto it which is a definite positive. Strange move though, they included a slip of paper in the package saying "Please enjoy the additional FREE accessories included with this shipment." A nice gesture, had there been any accessories provided haha! Weird to include that without providing anything, but whatever.

Had to search out the pre-paid return label despite them claiming they'd email, but it should be good to go. I'll just need to drop the unit off or schedule a pickup with UPS.

Got my replacement SkyCaddie SGXw in the mail and it appears to be functioning well. My courses are already loaded onto it which is a definite positive. Strange move though, they included a slip of paper in the package saying "Please enjoy the additional FREE accessories included with this shipment." A nice gesture, had there been any accessories provided haha! Weird to include that without providing anything, but whatever.

Had to search out the pre-paid return label despite them claiming they'd email, but it should be good to go. I'll just need to drop the unit off or schedule a pickup with UPS.

congrats on the free accesories note lol. I havent used mine in quite awhile, rethinking the whole re-upping this year

congrats on the free accesories note lol. I havent used mine in quite awhile, rethinking the whole re-upping this year

haha right on! I'll definitely be using every accessory they sent!

I've been without it for a couple weeks, and to be honest I definitely notice a difference. I love knowing what my numbers are where I can't miss, moreso than even knowing what exact pin numbers are. I guess it's just how I play the game. Too many times at TB and Cale the watch let me down because their defined "front" or "back" of the green wasn't accurate. Tough to get that correct with kidney shaped greens.

haha right on! I'll definitely be using every accessory they sent!

I've been without it for a couple weeks, and to be honest I definitely notice a difference. I love knowing what my numbers are where I can't miss, moreso than even knowing what exact pin numbers are. I guess it's just how I play the game. Too many times at TB and Cale the watch let me down because their defined "front" or "back" of the green wasn't accurate. Tough to get that correct with kidney shaped greens.

Had a lot of moments like that where I was incredibly glad I could get an accurate FCB on those greens. Also incredibly thankful Fupresti brought his laptop. For some reason, my SGX didn't have True Blue uploaded onto it, despite me making sure I put it on there months prior so I wouldn't have that exact panic attack happen. The practice round going around with just the standard FCB lead me to just making sure I was on the putting surface and taking any reasonable length birdie putt out of play. It also brought the three putt avoidance number way down as I would aim for a center number (on a front pin) and then hit it back of the green. Good job, good effort there.

Had a lot of moments like that where I was incredibly glad I could get an accurate FCB on those greens. Also incredibly thankful Fupresti brought his laptop. For some reason, my SGX didn't have True Blue uploaded onto it, despite me making sure I put it on there months prior so I wouldn't have that exact panic attack happen. The practice round going around with just the standard FCB lead me to just making sure I was on the putting surface and taking any reasonable length birdie putt out of play. It also brought the three putt avoidance number way down as I would aim for a center number (on a front pin) and then hit it back of the green. Good job, good effort there.

I had a range finder, but it just didn't offer the kind of information I wanted.. While it told me generally speaking what areas I could hit to, it didn't provide me with the added information of 'hit it 230, have 110 into the hole' like I always get with the SkyCaddie.

For as stupid as the subscription is, I love everything about it (when it's working).

I had a range finder, but it just didn't offer the kind of information I wanted.. While it told me generally speaking what areas I could hit to, it didn't provide me with the added information of 'hit it 230, have 110 into the hole' like I always get with the SkyCaddie.

For as stupid as the subscription is, I love everything about it (when it's working).

Exactly. Not to mention the fact that sometimes you can't see around certain hole shapes enough to know how much room you have, what it is to carry certain things etc. Those things are much more time consuming to figure out with a laser. They all have their pros vs cons but it's a nice security blanket to fall back on when you go onto some courses absolutely blind. That being said, it's also horrible when you go onto those courses and you have no GPS, or the course isn't mapped. I can't tell you how much second guessing I wind up doing.

Exactly. Not to mention the fact that sometimes you can't see around certain hole shapes enough to know how much room you have, what it is to carry certain things etc. Those things are much more time consuming to figure out with a laser. They all have their pros vs cons but it's a nice security blanket to fall back on when you go onto some courses absolutely blind. That being said, it's also horrible when you go onto those courses and you have no GPS, or the course isn't mapped. I can't tell you how much second guessing I wind up doing.

The SGXw on blind shots is absolutely amazing. Select the line on the hole, aim to it, and be 100% certain you've got somewhere to land. Again, it gets dogged for stupid subscription costs, but I am genuinely glad to have one that functions again. It usually saves me a couple times a round, and boosts my confidence especially on unfamiliar courses, as you'd mentioned.

Back