PA/NY/OH/IN/MD/MI 2014 Gathering - Pine Lakes Golf Club - Hubbard, OH

I might come to this. Shouldn't be hard to convince the wife to a 5 hour drive. Grove City Prime Outlets is nearby.

Oh wait. it will cost me a boatload.

We'll see. When is the deadline for this?

Honestly, probably a few days before the event, we just need to have an idea so Chris knows how many tee times to block off.

Last year everyone played Pine Lakes Saturday, and then a smaller group played another course closer to Cleveland on Sunday.
That helps...looks like I will need to do a Friday-Sunday weekend.

Depending on extra rounds, I would probably go up Friday night and if we play a Sunday morning round - come back that afternoon. If you are interested, we can probably carpool.

I would certainly be down for a carpool and that would be a workable time table for me. I'm sure GregDan would be in for this as well.

There is a bed and breakfast right on site, guys can stay there or we can arrange something else for guys traveling in from farther away.

Never stayed in a Bed and Breakfast, but you listed my favorite thing...Breakfast, so I'm can get down with a place that has a bed and a breakfast.

That helps...looks like I will need to do a Friday-Sunday weekend.

I would certainly be down for a carpool and that would be a workable time table for me. I'm sure GregDan would be in for this as well.
This sounds like a great idea if GregDan is down.

I am certainly interested in this event. I'm fairly new to THP, (posting, anyways- I've lurked for a while), but I grew up about 10-15 minutes (Cortland, OH) from Pine Lakes and have played there more times than I can remember. Great, fun course! It's only an hour from Cuyahoga Falls, so an easy event for me to commit to. Plus it sounds like fun. Now if I can just get my boy Ouzo to get down here! (It's an easy driver, dude. Once you get into America, you turn right on rt. 90, then turn left on rt. 11 in Ohio and you're about an hour away.) Also, I could probably enlist some of the homeboys from back home if golfers are needed/ wanted. Excited to follow this and get more information.

I am certainly interested in this event. I'm fairly new to THP, (posting, anyways- I've lurked for a while), but I grew up about 10-15 minutes (Cortland, OH) from Pine Lakes and have played there more times than I can remember. Great, fun course! It's only an hour from Cuyahoga Falls, so an easy event for me to commit to. Plus it sounds like fun. Now if I can just get my boy Ouzo to get down here! (It's an easy driver, dude. Once you get into America, you turn right on rt. 90, then turn left on rt. 11 in Ohio and you're about an hour away.) Also, I could probably enlist some of the homeboys from back home if golfers are needed/ wanted. Excited to follow this and get more information.
Your not making it easy on me Brad.

Only request that I make is that they be registered THPers. But seriously, the more the merrier.

Welcome to THP, I know myself and quite a few other guys from right around where you live will be making the treck too.

Only request that I make is that they be registered THPers. But seriously, the more the merrier.

Quoting myself to clarify, what I mean by that is this place is more like a community than it is a "website" and we like to put faces to names, these local gatherings are an awesome way to show newer THPers what an official THP event can be like, although, official events set an extremely high bar!

This sounds like a great idea if GregDan is down.

I should be down. I'll run it by the wife later but I am sure it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I should be down. I'll run it by the wife later but I am sure it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

if she's on the fence, just show her this picture...she'll melt like butter.

DSC00969.JPG

if she's on the fence, just show her this picture...she'll melt like butter.

DSC00969.JPG
Side note, that looks like my bag in the passenger seat. Could this be from Cincy Invitational last year?

Side note, that looks like my bag in the passenger seat. Could this be from Cincy Invitational last year?

sure is Andy.
i think the greens were aerated that day too. :alien:

What is the deadline for "sign up"?

Forgive me if it's already been discussed in this thread (too much reading for a lazy guy like me who's late to the party), but what's the format? Being new to the site, I'd hate to show up and be the odd man out with already arranged teams, or show up and hack it around and ruin someone else's chances of being competitive. I love a good natured competitive round as much as anybody, but I also enjoy having a pop or two and not getting wrapped up in what scores are being posted and what I need to shoot on the next hole. Is it a handicapped event? I float around 7-10 hdcp, and generally shoot in the high 70's-low to mid 80's, but I can put up a 92 with the best of them after a bad front 9 and switch from "play golf good" mode to "have as much fun as possible" mode.

Last year we did the callaway scoring system, not sure what this years will be but you will certainly not be the odd man out and you certainly will have a good time.

The callaway system works great. Except if your Canadan. Then it's pointless because your 66 is gonna win anyways

Never played anything with the callaway scoring but have read a good bit about it. Seems like a very fair format for all

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I've played with it and it does seem to be a fair way to play without established handicaps across the board, but man does it seem to confuse me. I am about as helpful with it as handing a scorecard to someone and letting them use their abacus, charts, and graphs to do all the figuring. Honest question- how does it level the playing field in regards to someone shooting below par- like someone puts up a 66 as said above?

I've played with it and it does seem to be a fair way to play without established handicaps across the board, but man does it seem to confuse me. I am about as helpful with it as handing a scorecard to someone and letting them use their abacus, charts, and graphs to do all the figuring. Honest question- how does it level the playing field in regards to someone shooting below par- like someone puts up a 66 as said above?

well I think i was second with a 78 and the scoring system closed the gap so its not like I lost by 12 (at least I dont recall it being that big of a gap with my in 2nd)

I cant remember the exact guidelines with it

We will most likely be using the Callaway system again this year, but that is subject to change. So it won't really matter team wise who gets paired together.

The callaway system works great. Except if your Canadan. Then it's pointless because your 66 is gonna win anyways

hahaha I still don't have a clue how it works. I just hit golf balls into cups.

Back