duckseatfree

Reaction score
Handicap
OK, I've done a good bit of reading and found some good answers, but I can't seem to find the right one for me.

I have the 9* R11 Driver and am trying to get it to 9.75* with a neutral face. (10g and 1g weights)

I know that I go STD-Higher .75* FCT and this closes the face .75*
So I change the ASP to Open; but it opens it up 2*

So now I have a club face that is open 1.25*
I know I can change the 10g weight to the heel (1g to toe) and make it draw a little more.

My question, is there a set up where I can have the 9.75* loft and a neutral face? Add a heavier weight to the heel? Or do I have everything wrong?

MOved to equipment thread so more see your question

The original R11 only has a three way ASP, so you're not going to be able to narrow it down that much.

I know that you say you want a neutral face with 9.75 but by it's very nature, raising the loft will naturally close the face.

What I would say us don't get hung up on any of the numbers. Leave it as you have it and go and give it a lash on the range with real golf balls. You will not get so much feedback with crappy range balls.

You may well find that having 9.75 and 1.25 open is just dandy. Start off with the 10g in the heel and 1g in the toe.

If too much of a fade then put asp to N and swap weights over. The weights do not make as much difference as people think on the original R11

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

The R11 only has a limited adjustment capabilitys i do not belive the spec you are after are possable

Thanks guys!
I went to the driving range yesterday and worked on adjusting the Driver to fit me. I started with the Standard set up (9* and Neutral face) and worked my way around. I ended up having it how I described it on the first post. I guess the 1.25* open face doesn't really make too much of a difference - I was expecting it to slice with it that open, instead I get a nice fade.

I was coming from a 10.5* driver to the r11 9* because I didn't want as high of a ball. I thought the 9* was just a tad bit too low and the 9.75* ended up being the right launch for me.

Back