Scotty Cameron putters

I bought a used 34'' Studio Select Newport 2.5. It seems that every used/older Scotty has a really slick grip, and this one is no exception. I tried a toothbrush with soapy water to clean it up a bit, but it's still hard and slick. Does anybody know if Gripes will help?

Definitely the best hand crafted putters but you need to go roll a bunch of different ones to see which works for you.

tried my new Scotty yesterday (thanks Adam) and I need to say I like the feel of it! and I ended up with 31 putts (with 3 3jacks due to terrible user errors (maybe the putter being a bit short).

so I was thinking about extending it a bit, do you think half an inch would make a big difference in weight/feel?

also, that fatso grip wasnt good for me, I'll have to cut it out

Try the Winn pro x series. Had improved my putting big time.

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

Try the Winn pro x series. Had improved my putting big time.

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

I looked at them, hesitating betweent the 1.18 and the 1.32, can they be put on with air?

Definitely the best hand crafted putters but you need to go roll a bunch of different ones to see which works for you.

Are they handcrafted though? I thought he outsources the milling and just assembles them. Which is fine. Nothing wrong with that.

tried my new Scotty yesterday (thanks Adam) and I need to say I like the feel of it! and I ended up with 31 putts (with 3 3jacks due to terrible user errors (maybe the putter being a bit short).

so I was thinking about extending it a bit, do you think half an inch would make a big difference in weight/feel?

also, that fatso grip wasnt good for me, I'll have to cut it out

1/2 inch will be 3 swingweight points, so yea you'll probably feel a little more weight in the head.

I looked at them, hesitating betweent the 1.18 and the 1.32, can they be put on with air?

I've never had luck with Winn grips and air, though I've always used the PURE gun.

1/2 inch will be 3 swingweight points, so yea you'll probably feel a little more weight in the head.

I've never had luck with Winn grips and air, though I've always used the PURE gun.

yeah... I might just go back to my good old lamkin paddle, nothing fancy but it works for me

I really like the new Winn, but I'm a Jumbofan.

got fitted and picked up this work of art today after hours of deliberating...!! Tough decision, but my oh my does she roll well and look puuurrrrty!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404443250.256152.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404443267.307930.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404443282.035634.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching a replay of today's round of the HP Byron Nelson and noticed that Duffner has moved to the Futura X with a 17" SuperStroke grip. Interesting move for him.

If Dufner could putt... he'd win ALOT! Such a nice swing.

Looks great ironcondor. Hope it treats you well dude.

Very nice GoLo.

This thread made me go look at pictures of the Select Fastback. Such a good putter.

Oh man I LOVE the new GoLo! I need to get me one of those...

Thanks for the comments, it is awesome!

Honestly, I actually like the select squareback the most, except for that "+" sign for alignment, which I can't stand looking at. If the squareback had a simple line, I probably would have gotten it instead.

So was fortunate enough to get a little behind the ropes access last week. Saw some really cool Scotty's, including a black finished Fastback. As a Fastback fan, that was really cool. Though, I saw something that I want even more:

Nova Scotia Open headcover on the left: (not my photo)

2014NovaScotia_20

They have the non-tour issue ones for sale around the web, but like most Cameron headcovers, they are stupidly expensive.

I game a 2014 Newport 2 and putt great with it. But, for some reason I keep buying putters thinking something will compete but they never do.

Scotty's are definitely great putters, but other companies are right up there with them as well. Choosing a brand won't improve putting. Just choose the putter that suits your eye and stroke the best. Check out Bettinardi's Stuido B for custom fitting for a great price and putter.

Just saw some new pics of the #7/Yes! Sandy looking scotty cameron. Looks like they've renamed it to the X5 and X5r. Has a little bit of taylormade spider alignment going on in the latest version. Still looks pretty nice and bet it rolls nice as well.

Scotty's are definitely great putters, but other companies are right up there with them as well. Choosing a brand won't improve putting. Just choose the putter that suits your eye and stroke the best. Check out Bettinardi's Stuido B for custom fitting for a great price and putter.
Very true, the putter that fit my stroke was key for me. Length was important too...it seems like 34" is what seems comfy for me. Everything else just feels odd.

Waiting on my new golo s5 to arrive, very excited have always loved the look of the golo in center shaft. Will post my thoughts once it arrives and I get a chance to roll it:)

I game a 2014 Newport 2 and putt great with it. But, for some reason I keep buying putters thinking something will compete but they never do.

And the next thing you know, you have 8 putters in your basement. I feel your pain. I've got two Scotties and it's always a hard choice between the Golo 3 or one of my SeeMore putters.

I have two in the stable now, and man, I can't see my Notchback going anywhere any time soon. I bought Hawk's Monterey, and it's absolutely beautiful, but nothing matches the feel of that deep milled Select.

Last edited:
I just added a California Del Mar to my arsenal and am still enjoying the honeymoon period with it. It doesn't feel near as soft as my Select GoLo but there's something about the design that helps me get the ball rolling on my line.

I would say that it's better for short putts and worse on long putts than the GoLo.

In ponder mode about moving the Monterey to get a Futura X. I went back and forth for an hour with the Futura X and the Notchback, and I think I want both.

Here's the new flatstick
se8a5a7a.jpg

Back