Tiger paid a convicted steroid dealer?

Wicked Cool Bearded Man

4thegolf+4thefriends
Reaction score
Handicap
6.3 GHIN
Just saw this on golf.com. Thoughts? I believe where there is smoke, there is fire.... but that's just me.

"Released Tuesday, Blood Sport: Alex Rodriguez, Biogenesis and the Quest to End Baseball’s Steroid Era, co-authored by Tim Elfrink of the Miami New Times and Gus-Garcia Roberts of Newsday, claims that the Canadian sports doctor Anthony Galea who treated Rodriguez also visited Woods 14 times between January and August 2009 and charged Woods a total of $76,012 as he recovered from knee surgery following his 2008 U.S. Open victory. Previous reports had identified only four or five visits.

In 2011, Galea pled guilty to smuggling human growth hormone and other drugs into the United States to treat professional athletes. Both Woods and Galea have said that Woods only received only legal platelet-rich plasma therapy from Galea.
The book also reports that according to the Florida Department of Health, Dr. Mark Lindsay, an associate of Galea's who also treated Rodriguez, visited Woods' 49 times from September 2008 to October 2009 and charged Woods' $118,979."

Read more: http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/t...lea-76k-14-visits-new-book-says#ixzz36xRY5sY4

WOW!!! It wouldn't surprise me at all if this turns out to be true. If it does and is proved then what happens to TW?

WOW!!! It wouldn't surprise me at all if this turns out to be true. If it does and is proved then what happens to TW?

I feel like the Vijay thing will have a major impact on this.

This story is old by many years. He used dr galea blood spinning. Had a huge thread on this exact topic when the story first broke.

Once the tiger sycophants get here I give this thread 12 hours.

I wonder how much Galea got paid to say he only had the "legal" platelets.

This story is old by many years. He used dr galea blood spinning. Had a huge thread on this exact topic when the story first broke.

Sorry dude, didn't see it. I just saw this early this AM. My bad.

Should I link or close?

Old story but details are not the same (allegedly)

No worries bro, let it run. My point was more that it's a non story. It's something that has been common knowledge for a long time.

No worries bro, let it run. My point was more that it's a non story. It's something that has been common knowledge for a long time.

Understood my man.

Old story but details are not the same (allegedly)

What details are different?

The media is getting like Hollywood. They report the news, they revive old stories to sell copy. Hollywood just keeps redoing old stories. Of course TW paid Galea, the doctor doesn't work for free.

The media is getting like Hollywood. They report the news, they revive old stories to sell copy. Hollywood just keeps redoing old stories. Of course TW paid Galea, the doctor doesn't work for free.

Another good point. My diction was poor in the threat title.

I am so naïve when it's comes to things like this, is this allowed? I really hoped aside from his personal indiscretions that this wasn't true and was just some media mongers making stories.

I am so naïve when it's comes to things like this, is this allowed? I really hoped aside from his personal indiscretions that this wasn't true and was just some media mongers making stories.

Me too man. I am so green when it comes to the legality of medicine and medicinal procedures.

Another good point. My diction was poor in the threat title.

Listen, I'm not saying woods did or did not take PEDs. I don't really care to tell you the truth. I lean on the side of 'not taken'. But these little dust ups every year get old.

I wish the media as a whole would get back to really bringing us news. Go cover the numerous tour player invitationals and tell us what causes they are helping. Tell us about the kids that are benefiting.

Tell about how the hell George McNeil got through Sunday knowing his life was changing with each step because his sister was dying. Go dig into Tim F. and find out why they switched venues and formats.

It's like golfers want the dirt and gossip more then they want to hear or talk golf.

Listen, I'm not saying woods did or did not take PEDs. I don't really care to tell you the truth. I lean on the side of 'not taken'. But these little dust ups every year get old.

I wish the media as a whole would get back to really bringing us news. Go cover the numerous tour player invitationals and tell us what causes they are helping. Tell us about the kids that are benefiting.

Tell about how the hell George McNeil got through Sunday knowing his life was changing with each step because his sister was dying. Go dig into Tim F. and find out why they switched venues and formats.

It's like golfers want the dirt and gossip more then they want to hear or talk golf.

Tons of truth in this post. I guess quite simply, I am all about transparency. For instance, I don't care what baseball players were using back in the day. The ones that admitted it anyways. Guys in AAA who aren't on the 40 man roster make about $35,000 a year. Once you are on the 40 man you make the league minimum which = $480,000. I get it and I understand it. Just don't lie about it.

For a couple of different reasons, Google Trends has become my new favorite website. Want to know when Tiger was at his most popular from a google search perspective? When he crashed his car into a fire hydrant and was cheating on his wife. After that it was during the time he was connected to Galea, BioGenesis, and Alex Rodriguez.

I remember when this first broke, and how much was made of it. I think that's when the idea started to get planted in my head that, if golf writers were writing about this so much more than what was actually happening on the golf course, and golfers who were actually playing and winning, that golf might have a serious problem when Tiger isn't around to write about. He's not bigger than the sport, but his absence might one day be big enough to consume the sport for a decent period of time.

Do I think Tiger took PEDs? I wouldn't be surprised if he took something that, at the time, functioned in some grey area. What constitutes a PED, or the impossible array of pharmaceuticals that surround PEDs (TRT, PCT, etc.), is a constantly shifting field. For a guy at the cutting edge of pharmaceutical/athletic assistance & enhancement like Dr. Galea, it's a matter of coming up with something that works, and charging people an arm & a leg for it until it's banned, and then moving onto the next big thing. So it's entirely possible Tiger took something that was weeks or even days away from being banned, but in the window where it was legal. That's that funny grey area, IMO.

For a couple of different reasons, Google Trends has become my new favorite website. Want to know when Tiger was at his most popular from a google search perspective? When he crashed his car into a fire hydrant and was cheating on his wife. After that it was during the time he was connected to Galea, BioGenesis, and Alex Rodriguez.

I remember when this first broke, and how much was made of it. I think that's when the idea started to get planted in my head that, if golf writers were writing about this so much more than what was actually happening on the golf course, and golfers who were actually playing and winning, that golf might have a serious problem when Tiger isn't around to write about. He's not bigger than the sport, but his absence might one day be big enough to consume the sport for a decent period of time.

Do I think Tiger took PEDs? I wouldn't be surprised if he took something that, at the time, functioned in some grey area. What constitutes a PED, or the impossible array of pharmaceuticals that surround PEDs (TRT, PCT, etc.), is a constantly shifting field. For a guy at the cutting edge of pharmaceutical/athletic assistance & enhancement like Dr. Galea, it's a matter of coming up with something that works, and charging people an arm & a leg for it until it's banned, and then moving onto the next big thing. So it's entirely possible Tiger took something that was weeks or even days away from being banned, but in the window where it was legal. That's that funny grey area, IMO.

lots of grey areas in this topic dude. LOTS.

I blame OJ Simpson.

As for the Tiger thing--just another story I don't care about. If he didn't take them...great. If he did...I hope he starts again because I had more fun watching him back then.

I blame OJ Simpson.

As for the Tiger thing--just another story I don't care about. If he didn't take them...great. If he did...I hope he starts again because I had more fun watching him back then.

Yeah, the swearing, cheat'n TW was invincible, on one leg.

Actually the details appear to be different in the amount of time it was used. That is a major detail.

If it came out that Woods used PEDs (and I am in no way saying he did) the golf world would be a bit interesting in their handling, but the truth is...he would become Barry bonds.

Actually the details appear to be different in the amount of time it was used. That is a major detail.

If it came out that Woods used PEDs (and I am in no way saying he did) the golf world would be a bit interesting in their handling, but the truth is...he would become Barry bonds.

What? A huge headed black man with a girly voice...hehe

Great analogy with BB

Amen Panda! Amen
The media has and knows no boundries. Not just with with celebrities either. It gets old really fast

I agree. Although be obviously did a lot of stupid stuff later in his career, I still, and always will, view Bonds as one of the greatest baseball players (would have said the greatest until that Trout fella came along) I will see in my lifetime. I will take the same stance on Tiger due to the immense talent he possesses.

Back