Android Phone Thread

Well I picked up the galaxy s5 last night. I couldn't really pass up the deal at best buy. 50 off brings it down to 150 and an instant $50 gift. So 100 bucks isn't bad.

But boy I have some learning to do. I was up to about 2 am playing with this thing and still feel lost.

Nice, that is a great deal. Honestly I would just do what you are already doing just try and make your way around the device and feel free to ask if you have any questions. Also YouTube is a great resource to give you some tips and tricks.

Well I picked up the galaxy s5 last night. I couldn't really pass up the deal at best buy. 50 off brings it down to 150 and an instant $50 gift. So 100 bucks isn't bad.

But boy I have some learning to do. I was up to about 2 am playing with this thing and still feel lost.

You will catch on. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it as you use it more.

The oneplus one showed up today now it's time to figure out how to use android....

Very nice packaging
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404949721.256921.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1404949731.412993.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1404949737.758359.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1404949744.965483.jpg

Verizon Wireless is launching a pretty big promotion today for 50% off all smartphones for the next few weeks. I currently own a Galaxy S3 which I have been pleased with, but have definitely had some issues with locking up and the GPS lately. I am due for an upgrade and plan on taking advantage of this 50% off deal.

What would you all choose between a Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, or LG G3.....all at $99.99 with 2 year? I have seen pros and cons for each. Thanks

Personally the LG, but that is only because GG has the G2 and the features work incredibly well.

Verizon Wireless is launching a pretty big promotion today for 50% off all smartphones for the next few weeks. I currently own a Galaxy S3 which I have been pleased with, but have definitely had some issues with locking up and the GPS lately. I am due for an upgrade and plan on taking advantage of this 50% off deal.

What would you all choose between a Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, or LG G3.....all at $99.99 with 2 year? I have seen pros and cons for each. Thanks
I don't think the LG G3 is being released for a few more weeks to Verizon.

I don't think the LG G3 is being released for a few more weeks to Verizon.

It will be released on July 17th, but you can pre-order it today online.

It will be released on July 17th, but you can pre-order it today online.
Ya I lied haha just looked it up. I was at best buy 2 days ago and the guy said he had no idea. Well that's great news because I can test that phone when it's released and compare it to my S5. I have 14 days to exchange this. And i knew going in, I liked the LG.

I am not a fan of samsung products, but I would say that if you enjoyed the S3, why not go ahead with the S5 and stay in familiar territory?

LG G3 is supposed to be an excellent phone.

I am not a fan of samsung products, but I would say that if you enjoyed the S3, why not go ahead with the S5 and stay in familiar territory?

Very true. I have liked the S3, but I really haven't been in love with it, so I'm just considering a switch. The easy choice is definitely the S5, but the G3 just looks spectacular. Supposedly the LG G3 variant on Verizon for $99.99 is also a 32GB phone with 3GB Ram, so it is a powerhouse.

I just have to say...Hands free on the Note 3 is absolutely fantastic.

Very true. I have liked the S3, but I really haven't been in love with it, so I'm just considering a switch. The easy choice is definitely the S5, but the G3 just looks spectacular. Supposedly the LG G3 variant on Verizon for $99.99 is also a 32GB phone with 3GB Ram, so it is a powerhouse.

all right, I get that, changes can be good.
I have no idea about american carriers, is the Sony Z2 available? that will be my next phone for sure

I had the s3 and really liked it. When it came time for my new phone I was down to 3 choices for me. Droid Maxx, LG G2, and GS4. I left the house planning on going Droid Maxx. Reviews were good, battery life is crazy good, and it was as close to stock android that you can get without getting a Google Play Edition. However Then I got to the store and I changed my mine to the g2. Really it was toss up for me on those 2 devices. However when the lady asked me what device I wanted, I just instantly said GS4. Don't get me wrong, it's a good phone, but it wasn't different. I still think I should have gone with one of those other options. We have been using the G2's at work so that let me scratch the itch a little bit. Nerfny recently got the GS5, going from the s3 to the s5, I'm pretty sure I would have been happy with that move.

Oh and the G3 on verizon looks crazy good. I don't like that they made the big jump in screen size, but that's just personal preference.

I just have to say...Hands free on the Note 3 is absolutely fantastic.

JB can you tell me more about the note 3 and a quick pros and cons? I have an iPhone 4 and I'm over apple at this point so I'm looking at either Note, S5 or now because of this thread LG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont really have any Cons. Had it about a year now I think and love everything about it.
The battery life is solid. Plus with removable battery, I have 2 spares that are great to have.
Features are incredible.
It takes the place of my tablet in a pinch because of its size.

The only con would be size if people dont like large phones.

I had the s3 and really liked it. When it came time for my new phone I was down to 3 choices for me. Droid Maxx, LG G2, and GS4. I left the house planning on going Droid Maxx. Reviews were good, battery life is crazy good, and it was as close to stock android that you can get without getting a Google Play Edition. However Then I got to the store and I changed my mine to the g2. Really it was toss up for me on those 2 devices. However when the lady asked me what device I wanted, I just instantly said GS4. Don't get me wrong, it's a good phone, but it wasn't different. I still think I should have gone with one of those other options. We have been using the G2's at work so that let me scratch the itch a little bit. Nerfny recently got the GS5, going from the s3 to the s5, I'm pretty sure I would have been happy with that move.

Oh and the G3 on verizon looks crazy good. I don't like that they made the big jump in screen size, but that's just personal preference.

Thanks for the information. I think I'm going to have to go play with all of the phones just to see what I like. I also like the Note 3 that JB has been talking about, but the size scares me a little. Plus, its a little more expensive that others right now.

Thanks for the information. I think I'm going to have to go play with all of the phones just to see what I like. I also like the Note 3 that JB has been talking about, but the size scares me a little. Plus, its a little more expensive that others right now.

The Note 3 is killer. JB's was impressive at the PGA Show. We used it as a wifi hotspot for essentially the entire day and the battery life was still incredible.

JB can you tell me more about the note 3 and a quick pros and cons? I have an iPhone 4 and I'm over apple at this point so I'm looking at either Note, S5 or now because of this thread LG

The Note 4 is slated for release in September of this year.

The Maxx is hands down the best smartphone I've ever owned.

Sent from my DROID MAXX using Tapatalk

I just got a note 3 and my wife got an s5. Not a ton of differences from my perspective. Note is bigger (by about a half inch on the side and a half inch on the top) and has a better battery, has 32gb internal vs 16gb but both are micro SD capable so internal storage shouldn't be an issue. The s5 has a better camera but not a better video camera, and has a slightly faster processor but 1 gig less ram, and is a little lighter. Both are great phones IMO.

I need some time on with the G3, I am still thinking it might be my next phone especially since I want a Moto 360 desperately.

Back