The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

I hate to repeat myself BUT at this point I cannot imagine the back lash if Lebron does not go back to Cleveland

Cuban was partying with Parsons last night. I'd say offer sheet is not being matched by Houston.

Houston's hands are tied until Bosh makes his decision.

Cuban was partying with Parsons last night. I'd say offer sheet is not being matched by Houston.

That has no implication on Houston matching Dallas' offer. However, I think that Parsons is plan B right now with Rondo/Bosh being the preferred option. I'd love for Houston to match the offer, however, that is a lot of money for Parsons. He does deserve the makeup pay, though, after playing very well for peanuts over the last few seasons.

That is again... sources saying that. Carmelo has not said that, nor have the Knicks.

7a3e8ugu.jpg

This seems pretty certain.

That is again... sources saying that. Carmelo has not said that, nor have the Knicks.

The Isola article is based on a friend of Anthonys. As of now nobody knows how correct it is. And its the NY Daily News, so it could be closer to a 50/50 shot although so many had him leaning that way from the beginning.

That has no implication on Houston matching Dallas' offer. However, I think that Parsons is plan B right now with Rondo/Bosh being the preferred option. I'd love for Houston to match the offer, however, that is a lot of money for Parsons. He does deserve the makeup pay, though, after playing very well for peanuts over the last few seasons.

Best Houston fan reaction ever:

y3esezyt.jpg

lol

Again, that has nothing to do with Houston matching Parsons' offer. If he is the best option out there, he will definitely be matched. I doubt Morey had his feelings hurt that Parsons was partying with Cuban. Chandler had a reason to celebrate.

Again, that has nothing to do with Houston matching Parsons' offer. If he is the best option out there, he will definitely be matched. I doubt Morey had his feelings hurt that Parsons was partying with Cuban. Chandler had a reason to celebrate.

I am curious to see if they match it or decide to go a little cheaper and go in the Ariza route.

Couldn't even appreciate the humorous caption?

Tough crowd this morning.

I am curious to see if they match it or decide to go a little cheaper and go in the Ariza route.

I do have a Rockets' Ariza t-shirt jersey that I can bring back out! However, they have more flexibility with Parsons due to the Bird years. It will be tougher to swing Ariza + Bosh or Rondo.

Couldn't even appreciate the humorous caption?

Tough crowd this morning.

Just saying that it has nothing to do with Houston matching (or not matching) his deal. I did not see that caption on Clutchfans, but it was kind of funny. Not exactly how the fan base feels as a whole, though. I think most Rocket fans are happy for Parsons regardless of the outcome, except for the teenage girl fan base that Parsons has.

Jank,
If you take Rondo, I will buy you your first drink at PGA National for the THP Event...You are going to need a bottle or two though.

The longer The King holds on to his decision the better it is for the Mavs. Houston is on the clock and waiting on Bosh. Bosh is waiting on The King. Mavs are watching the hour glass sand run now. Pretty crazy.

Jank,
If you take Rondo, I will buy you your first drink at PGA National for the THP Event...You are going to need a bottle or two though.

Deal! I will take it. I have been through some iffy players in Houston, but I would be cautiously excited for Rondo. I think that he would be a really good fit in Houston (aka as the 3rd/4th option). He has a lot of talent, but I also understand a lot of the received negativity around him. I do know that Morey has had his eye on him for a while.

Deal! I will take it. I have been through some iffy players in Houston, but I would be cautiously excited for Rondo. I think that he would be a really good fit in Houston (aka as the 3rd/4th option). He has a lot of talent, but I also understand a lot of the received negativity around him. I do know that Morey has had his eye on him for a while.

Million dollar question...Can he play as that kind of option anymore, or will he stand at the top of the key dribbling like an idiot till the clock hits 9 like he has the last 3 years. He has raw abilities, just no where near what he believes they are now. He still cant shoot a lick, but he is incredibly quick and has good hands.

With Howard being the type of player he is (doesnt command the ball) and Bosh being the type of player he is (doesnt command the ball), it would be an interesting experiment. Garnett was that type of guy, although they had weapons in Pierce, etc. I absolutely loathe him as a player, but just rooting that he gets dealt.

Million dollar question...Can he play as that kind of option anymore, or will he stand at the top of the key dribbling like an idiot till the clock hits 9 like he has the last 3 years. He has raw abilities, just no where near what he believes they are now. He still cant shoot a lick, but he is incredibly quick and has good hands.

With Howard being the type of player he is (doesnt command the ball) and Bosh being the type of player he is (doesnt command the ball), it would be an interesting experiment. Garnett was that type of guy, although they had weapons in Pierce, etc. I absolutely loathe him as a player, but just rooting that he gets dealt.

yeah that has been frustrating to watch.

yeah that has been frustrating to watch.

its painful. Yet he always has those 2-3 miraculous plays a game that fans seem to remember.
I have said for 4 years that the guy has got to go, and talk about trade stock being at an all time low.

I agree. My main concern with Houston is McHale, but the players like him. Bringing another potential play maker in can only help out the offense since McHale has iso-Harden as the go to play. However, McHale's "offense" + Rondo getting dribble happy does not sound like a good equation. Maybe the SSOL offense (or some variation of it) can help out those causes. Houston has to do a better job at getting better looks, but they are trying like hell to spread the floor with the possible addition of Bosh.

its painful. Yet he always has those 2-3 miraculous plays a game that fans seem to remember.
I have said for 4 years that the guy has got to go, and talk about trade stock being at an all time low.

2 of my buddies are here are big Celtics fans and they they absolutely love Rondo. I tried to convince them that he should have been traded a couple of years ago, right before he ended up getting injured. It was clear the team was going nowhere and his stock was high. That's not the case anymore.

I agree. My main concern with Houston is McHale, but the players like him. Bringing another potential play maker in can only help out the offense since McHale has iso-Harden as the go to play. However, McHale's "offense" + Rondo getting dribble happy does not sound like a good equation. Maybe the SSOL offense (or some variation of it) can help out those causes. Houston has to do a better job at getting better looks, but they are trying like hell to spread the floor with the possible addition of Bosh.

I will trade you Rondo for McHale straight up right now.

2 of my buddies are here are big Celtics fans and they they absolutely love Rondo. I tried to convince them that he should have been traded a couple of years ago, right before he ended up getting injured. It was clear the team was going nowhere and his stock was high. That's not the case anymore.

Deano..We need to watch more Celtics games together.

It's one of those weird Boston things. My friends up there love him even though there's no good reason to. He has talent but is not that good (I consider good to mean you apply the talent you have to win), and is a massive prick and disaster waiting to happen.

But they love the guy up there.

I will trade you Rondo for McHale straight up right now.

You'd have to throw in Brad Stevens. If only Houston didn't let Kelvin Sampson go to UH... I wanted him to be the next head coach.

Woodson now part of Clippers coaching staff. Uh, any way I can invoke a fan's veto here?

Taps away

Back