The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

And Bosh has a better post game when he decides to use it. He also runs the floor better.

Bosh is also a much better defender and shot blocker. Probably a better fit for Houston.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bosh is also a much better defender and shot blocker. Probably a better fit for Houston.

Bosh is a better pick and roll defender.

You'd have to throw in Brad Stevens. If only Houston didn't let Kelvin Sampson go to UH... I wanted him to be the next head coach.

Question for you because you watch the team way more than I do, but would we have not been better off executing the Asik/Lin trades, signing Stephenson and making a stronger run at Bosh/Rondo? I get the deadlines and having to maneuver the cap $$, but it seems Stephenson & Parsons are a similar player and would have saved more $$ by signing Stephenson.

Speaking of cap and luxury tax, the numbers came out last night (along with everything else).

The Nets paid an NBA record in luxury tax, and paid more than the other four luxury tax teams (Knicks, Clippers, Heat, Lakers) combined.

Guess Jay-Z needs to release another album!
I think the Nets owner, Mikhail Prokhorov probably didn't bat an eye.

Speaking of Stephenson... I am shocked that he has not gotten more consideration. I know his character is questionable, but dude is a gamer.

I know the Mavs and Bulls are in on him, but I expected several teams to be checking up on him.

Speaking of Stephenson... I am shocked that he has not gotten more consideration. I know his character is questionable, but dude is a gamer.

I know the Mavs and Bulls are in on him, but I expected several teams to be checking up on him.

He seriously cost himself millions with that psychotic crap he pulled in the Miami series. This day and age you can't have a player blowing up twitterland every other day with that stupid stuff.

Agreed.

I think many would argue that he is a better defender overall.

I agree... better overall defender. But not by alot. Neither are good defenders.

Question for you because you watch the team way more than I do, but would we have not been better off executing the Asik/Lin trades, signing Stephenson and making a stronger run at Bosh/Rondo? I get the deadlines and having to maneuver the cap $$, but it seems Stephenson & Parsons are a similar player and would have saved more $$ by signing Stephenson.

I do love me some NBA questions...

I think that it is hard to say what Stephenson will be paid since Indiana low balled him and two "lesser" SF talents got paid at max or near-max levels. It will be interesting to see how the market for Stephenson pans out. I don't think that Stephenson/Bosh/Rondo was realistic due to cap restrictions since Houston will not have enough resources to trade for 2 of those guys (and sign the other one outright) because they had the most flexibility IF they were to resign Parsons since they have his Bird rights and can go over the cap to sign him outright. You do retain a player's Bird rights if you trade for him, but there are just not enough resources to go around to bring in all 3 (or 2) via trade unless Houston strips themselves of picks every other year for a while.

Strictly talent-wise I'd prefer Stephenson over Parsons, but I'd probably rather have Parsons on the team, with all other things ($$$) being equal, for no tangible reason.

I agree... better overall defender. But not by alot. Neither are good defenders.

I disagree with that. A quick google search brings up tons of info about his defensive ability including his own coach, other players and top analysts. He is not a shot blocker, but that is just a tiny piece.

In fact if you do the same search for Kevin Love (using just their name and the word defense), you see the exact opposite.

WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN???? AHHH Where will he sign??

I disagree with that. A quick google search brings up tons of info about his defensive ability including his own coach, other players and top analysts. He is not a shot blocker, but that is just a tiny piece.

In fact if you do the same search for Kevin Love (using just their name and the word defense), you see the exact opposite.

Gotcha. Also, if you google search Andre Iguodala, you see that he was labeled as the Kobe Stopper in 2005.

As I said, Bosh is a better overall defender, but I do not think he is a good defender.

WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN???? AHHH Where will he sign??

Media reporting that, so you can't be mad right?

Gotcha. Also, if you google search Andre Iguodala, you see that he was labeled as the Kobe Stopper in 2005.

As I said, Bosh is a better overall defender, but I do not think he is a good defender.

Iggy is a fantastic defender. One of the better defending wings in the NBA.

Uhh...Okay I guess. :confused2:

Iggy is a tremendous defender.

Media reporting that, so you can't be mad right?

Mad? I just cant wait to hear where he is signing. I am on the edge of my seat.

Uhh...Okay I guess. :confused2:

Its just an opinion. You are persistent on trying to prove that Bosh is a good defender.

From the games I watched this year, he doesn't appear to be a good defender in my eyes. Not saying I am right and you are wrong... its just an opinion.

Iggy is a fantastic defender. One of the better defending wings in the NBA.

My point was, if you google search it... Kobe went 7-27 in one game against Iggy and they crowned him as the "Kobe Stopper". Kobe is also averaging 26 PPG against Iggy.

Iggy is for sure a good defender.

Vegas to Akron to Brazil sounded like a dumb idea in the first place

Unless he was stopping here to pick me up

These reports are bonkers... I am just waiting on Lebron to announce. Geeeesh. Stop making us wait.

I enjoy the wait! Exciting!

Also, it really is a life changing decision for him. Who cares if he takes a few more days to make the decision his choice? If the media doesn't leak what they heard, then we would be none the wiser.

Curious... how many people do you think truly know where Lebron is going?

Just his family? Agent? Friends?

Family. ..agent..inner circle..Chris sheridan..mikedean441

Curious... how many people do you think truly know where Lebron is going?

Just his family? Agent? Friends?

Haha, I don't think anyone knows for sure, probably not even LeBron.

I think that LeBron, his agent, Pat Riley, the GM of the team he goes to, his family, and Chris Broussard (of course) are the first to know. Just kidding on Broussard.

Haha, I don't think anyone knows for sure, probably not even LeBron.

I think that LeBron, his agent, Pat Riley, the GM of the team he goes to, his family, and Chris Broussard (of course) are the first to know. Just kidding on Broussard.

I bet you Broussard's sources know!

Back