Rory McIlroy hit a 436-yard drive on Thursday

coers

@andrewcoers
Reaction score
Groveland,IL Central Illinois/Just south of Peoria
Handicap
looks like he got texas roll, from what you could see with the awful camera work.

I was thinking the same thing Mike. Downhill plus wind plus a amazing swing will get you these results. I would like to see how he would compare to the long drive competitors.

The camera work kind of reminds me of Happy Gilmore.... It should land in this area but I cannot find it.... Oh its on the green. Holy Cow

I believe he's hit like a 330 yard 3 wood off the tee as well, I can't even imagine having that ability. The Pro's play a COMPLETELY different game than us, we just happen to both call it golf.

Camera work or not that is sick

yup - got all of that one.

don't we all do that?

#internetgolfer

In Texas that would have been 500 yards easy. But have fun with the 436'er.

Well it rolled quite a bit and downhill. Not that impressive.

That's over 200 yards better than my best drive. Holy cow!

So does that count as hitting a fairway?

The camera man was just pointed to the spot where most golfers had been hitting the ball most of the day. That was just monstrous, roll or not.

This is just insane, I saw the headline and couldn't believe it. I'm lucky just to get 300+ in rare cases and this dude is nailing 400+. Wow

Wind/Elevation or not, that's still impressive. He absolutely hammered that ball.

I've been working with Rory on his driving and I'm just glad to see the lessons are finally paying off for him! :clap:

i was watching this am, the camera work is horrible, get dizzy while they look for the ball

He sure looked like he went after that one plus the roll was crazy

Rory: "They're still on the green...Think I should wait?"
Caddie: "Yeah, right. Ha Ha."
Rory: "Okay, here it goes..."

Rory: "They're still on the green...Think I should wait?"
Caddie: "Yeah, right. Ha Ha."
Rory: "Okay, here it goes..."

Dread to think how long a pro round will take if they wait for 400+ holes to clear!?!?!?!?

I love his swing.

Back