Changing Bags - How Often

Averaging a new bag every 3 years or so. Stand bag, to a Cart bag, back to he smallest stand bag I could find at the time.

Putting more of an emphasis on portability, and less on storage capacity. No point carrying 2 jackets, dozens of balls, etc... would only wear one at a time. lol

Much less often than clubs for me. I have had 2 bags in the last 6 years but about 5 iron sets and 6 drivers.

I ride a bag until the wheels fall off. That being said I have played golf for 10 years and I am on my second bag. Its a staff bag and I used to play a stand bag. It stopped standing so it hard to go. I dont see myself switching anytime soon.

I have a few bags. I had an Oakley bag that looked fantastic and had nice pockets, but it only had an 11 way divider. What? How did I miss that when I bought it????? It only lasted about a year before I replaced it with a Titleist cart bag. I still have yet to find the "perfect" bag, but the Titleist is close. I promise to keep looking.

Oakley-Bolsa-Rider-Blanco.jpg

Last edited:
I got a new bag last yr, well to me it was new.

Bought a stand bag to replace it this winter, then ordered my custom bag. Both are stand bags and the custom bag only comes out once in awhile.

I had a stand bag for 5 years, but the legs started breaking down.

I went to another stand bag, used it for about a year before deciding a cart bag fit my needs better. Now 6 months later I am testing out a staff bag, that I think unfortunately is too big for my poor little VW hatchback... so back to the cart bag for me.

So went from every several years, to 3 in the last 18 months!

I lost track of how many bags I've used over the last two years. I'm still looking for a stand bag with the perfect combination of lightweight, easy to use divider (I like the Woodie top, and some 6 way dividers), and that works well with push and riding carts.

Sun Mountain Hybrid stand bag has been the closest for me so far, and even though it has the best 14 way top I've used, I still prefer other tops.

I lost track of how many bags I've used over the last two years. I'm still looking for a stand bag with the perfect combination of lightweight, easy to use divider (I like the Woodie top, and some 6 way dividers), and that works well with push and riding carts.

Sun Mountain Hybrid stand bag has been the closest for me so far, and even though it has the best 14 way top I've used, I still prefer other tops.

I was waiting for you. haha

I don't change my bag that often at all, I just finally made a change from a cart bag to a stand, but that was only because I wanted the stand legs, I think for me it's more driven by once it wears out, not the same with my equipment!

I would only change a bag if I needed to do so. I haven't found a compelling reason yet. I have a cart bag, but when I walk it's with a push cart so the bag works fine for me walking or riding. It also fits in my club glove bag just fine. I think I'd need to be shown a reason why I would need a new bag first. It might be naivety but I just don't know of one.

I've only used three bags. I had a leather bag that my uncle lent me with some clubs 20 years ago. Gave that back to him with the clubs in 1998 when my future wife gave me a bag for Christmas.

She got me a new Nike cart bag sometime in the mid-2000's and I past the other one on to a buddy. I still use the Nike cart bag and everything is fine, although it looks a little dingy. I got a Datrek standbag on clearance about 8 years ago and my son uses it now. Bought my wife an Ogio cart bag this year when she started playing. It is so light, I have started thinking about a new one for myself. I'm not too particular and it would be the one golf thing my wife could pick out for me (and has). Maybe I'll get a new one some birthday or Christmas...

Never. 5 years, same bag.

My last bag lasted me 10 years. I think it still had a few more years left in it but decided to let it go. If it's not broke why fix it, but I'll tell you technology has come a long way in the carrying systems. Love my new bag that's about a year old

My last bag was a mizuno stand bag. I used it for about 15 years. Last year, I upgraded, but only because my wife and son got it for me as a gift. If the bag works, I'm not going to change it.

~Rock

I have 2 bags currently......Titleist Staff bag that is about 5 or 6 yrs old. Still works great, just don't use it that often. Currently using a Sun Mountain Hybrid bag...love the bag, hate the 14 way divider!!

I love my Datrek cart bag, it is very durable and works just perfect for me. No consideration at all for me switch bags. It is small enough to make it easy to travel with and large enough to hold everything I like to keep in my bag

right now i am going on almost 4 years on my Ogio Edge bag, i would love to find another one but they just don't exist

Change mine when they fall apart. The Taylor Made bag I have at the minute looks like that won't be any time soon.

About once per year. Always searching for the perfectly laid out and functional cart bag that is not too big. Have had Ping Pioneer and Traverse, Sun Mountain C-130, BagBoy Revolver, Ogio Chamber. Currently have Nike Performnce II.

Man I rarely change bags and will keep one in play for years unless it breaks. The only other time I'll change a bag is if I change club brands, I am a brand loyalist.

I have several bags, but I always use the same TaylorMade bag. It is a hybrid cart / stand bag and it meets every need that I have. I have been using it for about 5 years now.

I have only had 3 bags in my playing time. All stand bags. Had a cheap Nike when I started and then went to a Ping Hoofer when playing school golf. Now I have a SM hybrid but I am thinking of getting a C-130 cart bag as if I walk now its is with a push cart.

I change very, very rarely. I've been playing golf steadily for about 15 years and I have only had maybe 5 golf bags. I do need to buy a new one though as my current bag is about to fall apart on me.

Nike stand bag
Taylormade stand bag
PING high school bag
Titleist bag (would still have this bag, but it got stolen)
Current Taylormade R11 stand bag

Change mine when they fall apart
or get stolen. I only use a stand bag, go for the lightest, best quality one I can find (right now it's a Sun Mountain 3.5 Deluxe) and ride it till it can't ride no more.

Not as often as my clubs at all. Usually a few years per bag. I do usually keep two though. A cart bag for normal use and a stand bag for when I'm walking or sometimes just as a range bag.

Back