Orlando Area in August?

Greg Kulbick

I don't golf good
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
There's a lull in the THP calendar between the MC and #TheGauntlet, and I was thinking about maybe heading down towards central Florida and playing a round of golf or two. I've mentioned it to a few people, and figured I'd put a thread out there and see if anyone wanted to join me. Ideas are welcome, I'm simply spitballing the idea. There might be some MCers going thorugh withdrawls, or some Gauntlet people looking to hold themselves over until September 6th. You don't have to be playing in either to come out, everyone is welcome. What do you think?

Orange County National - Crooked Cat Course
Saturday August 23rd
First tee time 10:15

10:15
jitzy
Pennglyns
Erky
Erky's dad

Pudge
dpgator33
Wake
Wake's dad

Troyefl
Mongo Smash
Jim54
Greg Kulbick

Last edited:
I think it's a great idea, and I'd commit in a second if I knew for sure I'd be ok to play by the end of August.

I'm in for sure if it's not the first weekend.

I think it's a great idea, and I'd commit in a second if I knew for sure I'd be ok to play by the end of August.
Well I for one hope you're able to make it.

I'm in for sure if it's not the first weekend.

First weekend is only a week removed from the MC, I was thinking more towards the middle. 9th, 16th or 23rd?

God I miss the Florida get togethers. I wish I could swing it but unfortunately it's out of the cards for me dude, I'll be living through guys though lol.

Count me in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

God I miss the Florida get togethers. I wish I could swing it but unfortunately it's out of the cards for me dude, I'll be living through guys though lol.

It hurts my heart that you wouldn't be able to come down. Frankly, Marc, I think you'd be a draw. No one wants to play golf with me, but everyone loves Trout Bum. That'd be like telling people Sean might be there so you can get to see him fall out of a bunker! They'd have to rope off the course for a gallery.

It hurts my heart that you wouldn't be able to come down. Frankly, Marc, I think you'd be a draw. No one wants to play golf with me, but everyone loves Trout Bum. That'd be like telling people Sean might be there so you can get to see him fall out of a bunker! They'd have to rope off the course for a gallery.

Everybody loves you dude or at least that's what I'm told lol. Have fun buddy.

You and I have already talked about this. I'd be in.

Everybody loves you dude or at least that's what I'm told lol. Have fun buddy.
He's not so bad...once you get by the "angry."

He's not so bad...once you get by the "angry."

I got a little less angry the other day. I found out Lego has been selling large buckets of random blocks with no instructions or special one off pieces. They're no longer blatantly stifling creativity and imagination. I think they may only be online through their site, though.

Guys, we are 100000% behind planning local outings, but lets try not to fill them up with regular banter so that people that are new to the site or area, can jump in. Thanks.

I think its a great idea, but I will be spend August with the family and settling in after the MC. Next time I'll resurface will be at the Gauntlet.

Put me down as tentative. My august schedule isn't out yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be at DisneyWorld Aug18-28. I'd try to make an early tee time.

I live here in Central Florida and always look for guys to play with so I'd defiantly be interested. Only days I think so far that don't work for me is 15th or 16th.

I'm tentative Greg. With the Gauntlet and PGA National in Sept I may get some grief from the boss. But I'll give it a shot lol.

Any thoughts on a course?

looking like i will be up north for that weekend, but if it changes I am in

Any thoughts on a course?

No clue. International at Championsgate? I'm not familiar with many courses down there. I would prefer to keep costs within reason. I don't know how the rates go, if they have summer rates like Sarasota, or since its touristy if the rates go up in the summer.

looking like i will be up north for that weekend, but if it changes I am in
Which weekend? We haven't picked one?

Greg, I enjoyed Orange County National more than Championsgate FWIW.

Orange County is my favorite, been there with my son on the tooth course 3 days already this week.

its funny because I agree with you, but neither would make anywhere near the top of my list.
Grand Cypress is better than both based on most feedback.

However being as though I will be in California, odds are all of that means little.

its funny because I agree with you, but neither would make anywhere near the top of my list.
Grand Cypress is better than both based on most feedback.

However being as though I will be in California, odds are all of that means little.

OCN is in phenomenal shape right now but sometimes they can have some issues in the rough but I will say GC is ALWAYS in great shape. We really couldn't go wrong with either.

Back