we should change your name to "captainObvious" lol :p

When in ProV1 first hit the shelves, I remember thinking, there is NO way I'm gonna spend $45/dz for golf balls. I held out for a while, but once i broke down and bought a dozen I was hooked. Played them for years, still think they are a great ball. Now my game is quite a bit better than it was then. If this $100 ball improved my game by increasing distance and greenside play then YES i would buy it..

Not now, not tomorrow, not ever!

Specifically, the E5, TP5, and the Lethal are all Urethane covered golf balls. So they will spin really nicely into greens. The RZN-X One was a performer for me, felt like a rock, but it flew and stopped nicely for me.

Why is urethane better? Sorry, I'm new to this. Genuinely interested.

I googled it and many balls have urethane covers. The Callaway HEX does and it's also under $30. What do you think of that ball?

Why is urethane better? Sorry, I'm new to this. Genuinely interested.

I googled it and many balls have urethane covers. The Callaway HEX does and it's also under $30. What do you think of that ball?

I gamed the Hex for a while and really like it. My problem with both te chrome and the black were that they ended up with grill marks after a few holes.

And who am I kidding, I would probably buy these just because they are shiny and new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$100 Golf Balls

Sorry. Not this guy. 45 is pretty tough if you go through them quickly. 100 would break the bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If It goes 20 yards farther off the driver, that just mean it went 20 yards farther OB if I pull it
No kidding, left is NOT the way to miss on your home course. #leftequalsDEAD

Last edited:
That's to rich for my blood. Honestly I usually buy AAAAA used or discounted new lots of B330's. I just can't justify spending even $45 on a dozen of balls lol

Okay, I have a question for the THPers out there. Most of us love our golf equipment. We love the game and the lifestyle. We spend endless amounts of time talking about honing our gear to match our games and get the most out of it.

Let's say you stumbled across a golf ball on the course with a brand you had never heard of, or maybe you had heard about them but did not even know they made golf balls. You got to play it for a couple of holes and you saw more distance and more spin than you have seen in the past.

Lets say you took that ball to a launch monitor and again saw more distance off the tee and ridiculous amount of spin greenside. Then you found out it was a new ball coming to market and it was $100 a dozen. Could you spring for it?

Never in a million years. the all-ability ball category is enough for me, give me my Q-Stars, NXT Tour/S, and some RZN Reds and I'm fine.

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S

​While it's a cool concept.... I would not play as they would be illegal. USGA has very tight Golfball specifications.

IF the ball floats;
IF the ball can be retrieved (magnets, perhaps);
IF it doesn't scuff; AND
IF I am given some to test,

THEN I will consider buying these balls.

I probably haven't spent more than $100 on golf balls, total, before this calendar year. And that is solely because I wanted to try some different balls (eg B330 series) that I don't usually find.

If I was the type of player who very rarely lost a golf ball I would consider it. I can justify a lot of things but $100 for a dozen golf balls is not of of those things at the moment.

I wonder how many ppl who said they wouldn't buy the 100 ball use the pro v or another 4 dollar ball. I think if there was a 100 ball and some tour pros were using them some of those pro v users would jump to the 100 bill.

The question of "Could I?" Yes I could and if truly performs as advertised probably would but at that cost it would come at the expense of something else in my golf budget, either greens fees or club tinkering which I would prefer not to give up.

No way would I ever pay $100 for a dozen golf balls. It just ain't happening!

I would probably have to buy some and give them a try. Would I buy them regularly, NO. BUT, I would definitely have to give them a run. If they did indeed turn out to be the best thing for my game, then I would only use them occasionally, big matches or events, but not for everyday rounds.
This pretty much sums up how I feel about playing $8 golf balls too Eddie, no way they would be my regulars but my curiosity would get the best of me and I know I would try them.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about playing $8 golf balls too Eddie, no way they would be my regulars but my curiosity would get the best of me and I know I would try them.
I think many serious golfer would have to try them once. They may never buy them again, but one time to see if they can be game changers for them.

I lose far too many golf balls and don't have the income to support a $100/doz. Golf ball habit, no matter what the flight characteristics

I lose far too many golf balls and don't have the income to support a $100/doz. Golf ball habit, no matter what the flight characteristics

Do you lose them in the creek or lake or woods? Presumably the "Super F 100" (F...for fantastic) would be straighter and would reduce the number lost.
Even lost in rough would be reduced ass ypou would hit more fairways.

Just sayin'

Do you lose them in the creek or lake or woods? Presumably the "Super F 100" (F...for fantastic) would be straighter and would reduce the number lost.
Even lost in rough would be reduced ass ypou would hit more fairways.

Just sayin'
"Straight" doesn't make up for Duffin it into a lake, even hitting it straight to the right or pulling it to the left is more of a function of the Swing and face angle at impact which won't be corrected with more/less spin

Yes, but I would use them on holes where I have no chance to lose them!

Gotta say that is a BIG no for me. I don't spend more than $30 a dz. and hate spending that much. if they went on a huge sale say 50% off and i could buy just one sleeve of three for the $12.50 i might do it just to try them. But $100 a dz. Not a chance.

I haven't spent $100 on golf balls in the last 5 years and I know I've lost way more than a dozen. I would wait for everyone else to buy them, lose them and then I would find them. I find half a dozen ProV1's every round I play. Most are very slightly, if even at all, used and look great. The biggest issue is that I don't care for ProV1 balls. Find me some B330's or SR3's and I am in heaven.

Not a cold chance in hell I would ever drop $100 on 12 golf balls that "might" lower my score. It's the Indian not the arrow in the vast majority of cases.

Back