Bridgestone Golf

Speedliner

Reaction score
Handicap
...Then you found out it was a new ball coming to market and it was $100 a dozen. Could you spring for it?
Only if they had RFID to help me find them.

Not just to not lose them, but to speed up play by walking right to it. Obviously, I'm not always on the fairway.

syndicate559

Sweet Trajectory
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.6
at this point in my life, there's not a snowball's chance in you-know-where that I would spend $100/dozen on golf balls. I'm very happy with the performance I get out of a few different sub-$30 models.

kc720

Reaction score
Handicap
2manyclubs
I think I may try one dozen to see for myself. May change my mind about how much better they are if I lose a bunch quickly lol

EaglevsFalcon

Reaction score
Handicap
3.4 GHIN
Okay, I have a question for the THPers out there. Most of us love our golf equipment. We love the game and the lifestyle. We spend endless amounts of time talking about honing our gear to match our games and get the most out of it.

Let's say you stumbled across a golf ball on the course with a brand you had never heard of, or maybe you had heard about them but did not even know they made golf balls. You got to play it for a couple of holes and you saw more distance and more spin than you have seen in the past.

Lets say you took that ball to a launch monitor and again saw more distance off the tee and ridiculous amount of spin greenside. Then you found out it was a new ball coming to market and it was $100 a dozen. Could you spring for it?
I could, but I wouldn't. Just doesnt pass the cost/benefit analysis test. As much fun as the extra performance sounds, at 8-9 dollars a ball i'd have to have a mini funeral for each lost ball.

e1iterate

Egregious
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I could but I wouldn't.

Barberakb

USAF / Go Cowboys!
Reaction score
Handicap
Not a chance. Couldn't justify it.

evand23mc

Master of my own Domain
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
No, at this stage of my life I really can't justify spending that kind of money on a golf ball...though I wish this magical ball you speak of did exist.

bigdaddy

Reaction score
Handicap
Could afford it, but no way in hell would I buy them. End of the day, it is still only a ball.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in