JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a deep dish thread, need one of these too. Love a good thin crust as well as I am an equal opportunity pizza lover. Some of my favorites.

Grimaldis
Luna in West Hartford
URBN in Carlsbad

Never had any real ny style pie.

Would love to try it some sometime.

Pizzeria Sapienza on South Pearl St. in Downtown Albany, NY.

The Fountain on New Scotland Ave in the Pine Hills section of Albany, NY.

Valente's Restaurant around the corner from where I grew up in Watervliet, NY.

Fannie's in Latham, NY (unfortunately they had a fire, then sold, and is no longer in business).

And I keep hearing good things about Kay's Pizza in Averill Park, NY, but I have never been there. Nerfny?

Ralphs pizza in Nutley NJ.

I love Kay's!! I haven't been there since my friends family bought it, so I don't know if they changed the recipe.

Ahhh...now this is the good stuff. Not a food better in my book.

My favorite (and only one I've tried in NYC) is Patsy's Pizzeria.

Other ones I have to get if I am in the same zip code are:
Big Ed's - Oak Ridge, TN
Giuseppe's - Augusta, GA
Grimaldi's

Have eaten my great NY Style slices on business trips to NY and NJ but unfortunately cannot remember the names of the places I got them from. I, like JB, am an equal opportunity pizza lover.

My wife and I went to Lombardi's when we visited NY back in 2010. They claim to be the oldest pizzeria in the United States. Anyhow, this place was delicious. In San Diego, my favorite is Pizzeria Luigi's. They were featured on Diners, Drives, and Dives twice. I'm also a fan of these build your own personal pizzas (like Subway) Project Pie and Blaze Pizza.

Great thread JB, now I'm hungry.

I haven't had a good NY pizza in far too long. I've been tempted to try one of those places that will ship you pies I get craving it so bad sometimes haha.

Di Fara's and Grimaldi's in Brooklyn and J & Z in the Bronx. All three are excellent hangover cures as well!

Di Fara's and Grimaldi's in Brooklyn and J & Z in the Bronx. All three are excellent hangover cures as well!

Grimaldi's is really good.

Never had any real NY style. Great info though to keep in mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ahhh...now this is the good stuff. Not a food better in my book.

My favorite (and only one I've tried in NYC) is Patsy's Pizzeria.

Other ones I have to get if I am in the same zip code are:
Big Ed's - Oak Ridge, TN
Giuseppe's - Augusta, GA
Grimaldi's

Patsy's is awesome, used to go there all the time when I worked in upper Manhattan. But my favorite is L&B Spimoni Gardens.

Nothing and I mean nothing compares to Pizza Land in my home town of LeRoy. Formally know as Jim and Don's, their sauce, crust, cheese, pepperoni is all perfect. The best pizza anywhere. Says so right on the box.

You're going to laugh at this one. Joey Nova's in Shorewood, MN. My wife grew up in NY and NJ. It's the only pizza she'll eat in MN and has referred so many who have moved here from out east. Apparently they add something to the water when making the dough to taste authentic. Now if she could only find a good bagel...

Nothing and I mean nothing compares to Pizza Land in my home town of LeRoy. Formally know as Jim and Don's, their sauce, crust, cheese, pepperoni is all perfect. The best pizza anywhere. Says so right on the box.

at 6'2" 350 lbs i have enjoyed a slice or two in my day, and six4three5 is right, can't beat pizza land

I really like Arinell in The City(SF) i have not been to NY but they do it justice from what i have heard [h=1][/h]

My former precinct in the Bronx (49) was, I dunno, maybe 2.5 sq miles and within it was over 30 pizza places.

Morris Park Ave had the best in the command with Captain's, Emilio's, Luciano's and Patricia's. Sorrento's may have had the best sicilian. Outside the command in the 45pct on Crosby Ave is Louie and Ernie's, probably my favorite in all the Bronx.

Downtown, it's gotta be Patsy's. I live in Rockland County, 30 miles north, and the new mall is supposed to get a Patsy's soon. I can only hope it measures up.

My former precinct in the Bronx (49) was, I dunno, maybe 2.5 sq miles and within it was over 30 pizza places.

Morris Park Ave had the best in the command with Captain's, Emilio's, Luciano's and Patricia's. Sorrento's may have had the best sicilian. Outside the command in the 45pct on Crosby Ave is Louie and Ernie's, probably my favorite in all the Bronx.

Downtown, it's gotta be Patsy's. I live in Rockland County, 30 miles north, and the new mall is supposed to get a Patsy's soon. I can only hope it measures up.
I think the age of the stove in Patsy's has a lot to do with it too but that being said I can't see it being bad.

growing up in LI, I never knew there was a "NY Style"...that is until i moved, and now i'm puzzled on how no other state knows how to make pizza!

growing up in LI, I never knew there was a "NY Style"...that is until i moved, and now i'm puzzled on how no other state knows how to make pizza!

No no, every other state makes NY style pizza. They all have signs that say so, so it must be true.

Living NYC there is a lot of good pizza. My favorite spot is Mariellas on 16th and 3rd. My wife and I lived below this place, and ate way too much pizza. They also have amazing chicken parm. If you visit NYC check this spot out, you will not be dissappionted

I love me some thin crust!!!

New park in queens...

This thread is making me so hungry

Back