I've got some Morgan Cup Anthem lyrics jotted down and i'm stuck. Anyone want to take a shot at cleaning up and improving my garbage?

Started learning again. I had stopped for awhile partially due to the fact that my roomates GF would complain ever time I tried to practice. (He could come home drunk and blast his guitar at ungodly hours but I couldn't do it during respectable hours.)

She's gone now. Still dreaming of getting something better, though I don't know how to play. I just love how guitars look, I could use them as decorations and be fine.

A Gibson SG standard, LP standard, or Fender Strat American Standard, all lovelies I want to buy haha. Maybe someday, other priorities now though.

Started learning again. I had stopped for awhile partially due to the fact that my roomates GF would complain ever time I tried to practice. (He could come home drunk and blast his guitar at ungodly hours but I couldn't do it during respectable hours.)

She's gone now. Still dreaming of getting something better, though I don't know how to play. I just love how guitars look, I could use them as decorations and be fine.

A Gibson SG standard, LP standard, or Fender Strat American Standard, all lovelies I want to buy haha. Maybe someday, other priorities now though.

I share this dream, but I'm not quite good enough/play in public enough to justify it haha. Love my PRS SE Custom 24 though, now I just need an amp that lives up to it.

Ugh I wish my hands were bigger, or fingers were l9nger, especially my pinky, that things is a bit useless so far.

Anyone use a sub octave effect our have a good recommendation on one?

Ugh I wish my hands were bigger, or fingers were l9nger, especially my pinky, that things is a bit useless so far.

It takes some time to learn how to stretch your hands and fingers effectively to really be able to use the pinky. What helped me is finding songs with some funky chord shapes to practice that kind of stuff.

Digitech makes a pretty decent one
Was never a fan of the Digi pedals. Doesn't sound authentic enough to my ears. I like the Electro-Harmonix one myself.

Best way would be to visit Musician's Friend or Zzounds and read the reviews for the different brands of octaver. Lots of good info and personal experience in those reviews.

Was never a fan of the Digi pedals. Doesn't sound authentic enough to my ears. I like the Electro-Harmonix one myself.

Best way would be to visit Musician's Friend or Zzounds and read the reviews for the different brands of octaver. Lots of good info and personal experience in those reviews.

I use a lot of EHX stuff, they are good too. Just not always as affordable as digi tech, but I live by the buy once cry once rule hahah.

All my OD are EHX, they sound fantastic

Musicians???

I may be coming home with the ehx soul food tonight, we'll see!!
I love the hot tubes but it's not what I'm looking for, anyone want to buy it? Lol

This is a review of the hot tubes and the soul food

NzUfVlx.jpg

http://youtu.be/8mxWFnh9vjo

I ended up coming home with the pedal, I played it at the store and fell in love, it's smooth and perfect. I will use this when I want lower gain with lots of sustain, which is a hard combo

I ended up coming home with the pedal, I played it at the store and fell in love, it's smooth and perfect. I will use this when I want lower gain with lots of sustain, which is a hard combo
That soul food does sound killer

Saw a set up I've never seen before last night

Guy was playing a keyboard, his amp speaker was in a box, up top and bottom had like cones coming out of it, they were 3/4 enclosed and the horns/cones rotated, creating a tremelo like effect for it.

Kind of neat.

I played the soul food pedal today live, I was very impressed, I can see that this pedal has an insane amount of volume because it's built as a boost pedal, it really sounds nice and full, and doesn't fizz like my old boss SD-1, it's a very good counterpart to my OD gloves. I love how smooth the overdrive is.

Currently pondering acoustic guitars, again.

Looks like Fender has some nice options cheap. I'm looking for a slimmer neck since I have small short fingers, (big paw short fingers).

Yeah, fender has some good cheap options. They sound real good. I've always thought that Ovation makes a great sounding cheap acoustic too. The model with the rounded plastic back sounds surprisingly good. I've played 3 different ones and all sounded much better than their price

Yeah, fender has some good cheap options. They sound real good. I've always thought that Ovation makes a great sounding cheap acoustic too. The model with the rounded plastic back sounds surprisingly good. I've played 3 different ones and all sounded much better than their price

I am very impressed with seagull guitars too, they have solid spruce tops and play very close to my Taylor for less than $400, they are also worth looking at.

Be careful with fender, make sure you try them out first, some of their acoustic guitar lines are really bad! Remember that you get what you pay for so shop around.

I second Ovation, my buddy back in Jersey has one of their 12 strings and it is just amazing. Every time I'm home I have to bogart it from him for a few minutes...or hours haha

My Ibanez acoustic-electric sounds really great for its price point too. Although I really badly need to change the strings, thanks for the reminder :alien:

I second Ovation, my buddy back in Jersey has one of their 12 strings and it is just amazing. Every time I'm home I have to bogart it from him for a few minutes...or hours haha

My Ibanez acoustic-electric sounds really great for its price point too. Although I really badly need to change the strings, thanks for the reminder :alien:

That's another I forgot to mention, Ibanez makes some really nice models for the price

Seagull have a nice bright sound. Eastman is another one I would put in the good cheap category. Low end Taylor or Larivee would be good.

The Seagulls look nice and have great reviews, but supposedly have a pretty thick neck which scares me.

I picked out on my SG, as they have thin necks. (Which reminds me I was going to take a scotch pad to that today and get rid of the gloss)

The Seagulls look nice and have great reviews, but supposedly have a pretty thick neck which scares me.

I picked out on my SG, as they have thin necks. (Which reminds me I was going to take a scotch pad to that today and get rid of the gloss)

Ibanez are pretty well known for thin necks in both electrics and acoustics, so that could be a really good option for you if a thin neck is a primary concern.

Another good acoustic brand I forgot about is Guild, they're a little more under the radar so you can probably snag one for a little cheaper

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Thick necks aren't always a bad thing haha.

All my les Pauls have 59 profile necks, which are really thick and at first I hated them but I saw that it was much easier for me to play.

Back