JB, ya might of been proud, for awhile

bulldog

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 10.5
I decided to play maybe 18 more holes after a round with buddies by myself, I had a cart, I was @ the 8th tee in 30 MINUTES +2, well having to wait on 8 & 9, took 20 minutes to do 2 holes I boggied on in for a +4 40..Decided I'm done didn't do the last 9

Want to add: this is how golf should go... Except for the last 2 holes

We do play at a unique pace brother.

how long is your avg round in a cart?

That's my kind of pace! When I play by myself and don't have anyone in front of me I play 9 holes in about 45 minutes.

If I get first out at the club solo 1:45 is easy to do.

That's nuts. I don't really attempt to play at a quick pace, but don't think I'm slow. No where near that though. Want to give it a shot sometime.

You might be surprised, I don't feel rushed or like I am zooming, there is just no delay combined with a normal preshot routine that is decisive. Many people don't know how fast they would play a round solo because they don't have the chance or want too.

When playing with others on the course, I do see allot of extra time wasted by some that has nothing to do with the shot as well--I see it often because I am usually done and ready to hit again when I am behind someone. They will mess with the clubs and bag a bit too long instead of getting in the cart driving to the next shot and putting the club away when you grab the next one.. Wait with the cart partner instead of getting ready for their own shot... My point is I can play 18 alone in 1:45-1:50 and I am by no means playing speed golf or ever rushing. Sometimes it can run a bit longer if I have to hunt a ball or stop by the clubhouse for a snack or something but if I am the first looper solo It is never over 2 hours.

JB, ya might of been proud, for awhile

I've played 18 by myself with hitting 2-3 balls at Times in 2:30 - 2:45 ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes sense, I can walk 9 at my local course in 1:15-1:25 if I'm not behind anyone. It's perfect for a quick round after work, and I certainly don't feel rushed playing like that.

how long is your avg round in a cart?

If no one is in the way, I have played a 6830 yrd course in under 2 hrs in a cart
People on course & a foursome. .4 to 5 hrs

Oh & I do use headcovers. Hehehe

Man Bulldog, if we play together we met set the course on fire with our pace..... Although lately i've been thinking if I take all the time, looks and practice strokes the pros do I may get better...... Jk! :)

From The HTC One Blue!

Its great to play at a nice tempo. During the week, my foursome tees off at 6:50 am, and we're usually walking off 18 by 9:30.

I do love a quick round. Im not quite as fast as JB it seems but really do enjoy sub hour 9 holes by myself. Just step up and hit and repeat makes for a good rhythm

As much as I like fast rounds. Sometimes just slowing down and enjoying being outside is just as nice.

I usually get my rabbit rounds in a leisurely 3 hrs walking; I should try in a cart. I think 2 hr would be possible.

The last two rounds I've played alone walking, 1:55 and 1:50.

But 8 holes in 30 minutes...that's fast!!

The last two rounds I've played alone walking, 1:55 and 1:50.

But 8 holes in 30 minutes...that's fast!!

And shooting sub par at that!!! You had a great fast round teammate!

I got thru 9 holes in 40 min and got passed by one of the club asst pros. I felt slow.

Love playing as fast as i can, local course lets me out before the first tee time on occasion, and at what i call a relaxed steady pace i can be done in 2:00-2:15 by myself. How well i am playing of course affects things

Love walking off the course around 9 am after a full 18, and having most the day still ahead of me.

I would love to see how fast I could play by myself with no one in front. I've played by myself loads of times but it's never been under 3 hours because I've always got stuck waiting on people. Bet I could do 2 hours or less no problem if I just cruised...doesn't happen this time of year though, every course is full up seemingly every day!

Do you guys even stop the cart? Or just lean out and swing as you go by, pollo style.

Dont waste time with practice swings, plumb bobbing, quick glance at gps ctr of green reading. It dont take long to hit a bad shot

And shooting sub par at that!!! You had a great fast round teammate!

That helps it go quicker. If I am hitting straight and avoiding hazards, I can cruise through a round if there is no one in front of me. If I start zig zagging across the course, then it takes more time.

Back