Callaway Mack Daddy 2 "Tour Grind" Wedges - THP Preview

This wedge is fantastic, was able to hit all of the shots I wanted with it today, from short side bunker shots to longer chips. Can't wait to get it reshafted and bent to my spec tomorrow and get it back on the course on Sunday.

Play noticeably different than the standard?

Play noticeably different than the standard?

Yes, the leading edge is noticeably straighter, just feels like I can make crisp contact from any lie. I will get a picture comparing the two when the paint dries on the new one.

Yes, the leading edge is noticeably straighter, just feels like I can make crisp contact from any lie. I will get a picture comparing the two when the paint dries on the new one.

Ugh sounds like a marriage of a Cleveland 588 and md2. So perfect. Not what my wallet wanted to hear

Ugh sounds like a marriage of a Cleveland 588 and md2. So perfect. Not what my wallet wanted to hear

21lic7m.jpg

The top one is a 58* MD2 U Grind, the bottom is the 58* Tour Grind.

The tour grind looks massive by comparison. I do like the straighter leading edge. Both look really nice.

The tour grind looks massive by comparison. I do like the straighter leading edge. Both look really nice.

It's the camera angle, they are the same size.

Totally skimming this thread but this grind looks a lot like a C grind. Is this true or do my eyes deceive me?

Totally skimming this thread but this grind looks a lot like a C grind. Is this true or do my eyes deceive me?

Essentially it is very, very similar with only a couple variations.

Are those the same clubs that you post a 17HC with???

Woah now dude, uncalled for. It's a joke stemming from an awesome THP event called "The Gauntlet". Personal attacks are probably not a good idea.

lets get this thread back on track. Love the t grind. Less bounce allows me to pick it clean off anything except for the hard pan when I try to open the face. It's really fun to use!

Man I want a 50°, I am just getting so comfortable with my 54 and 58 MD2. I would have to hit these first in order to spend the money on them.

Yes. Should I try something different?

You just keep doing what you're doing buddy. It'll come down on its own with some hard work and smart choices when you're in trouble.

Have the 54 and 58 on the way and I cannot wait! Would love a 50 as well but not available, only 52???

It's love. Love I tell ya. 3 shots stood out to me today. All of which cemented it's place in my bag.

1) In the long grass off the tee next to the par 3 green. Ball is sitting down with a little green to work with, but all down hill. Only chance to keep it close was a high, soft lander. Well, I opened up the T grind and let it work. The leading edge cut right through the long rough like butter and got me enough spin to hold the green even on the downhill. Left me about an 8 footer for par, which from that lie is great for me.

2) Second shot into a par 4, had 87 into the green just into the second cut. Laid off it a just a hair. Pin was just over a ridge on the back of the green, with everything downhill after the ridge. I couldn't have hit it any better, landed right on the ridge, and released right down to the hole for a tap in birdie. The is one of the hardest shots for me and this wedge did it instantly.

3) Flop shot into a par 5 from the rough. Had 5 yards of green to work with after 15 yards of rough with anything beyond the pin going off the green. This shot couldn't even be attempted by my old S grind. Shot was executed well and I couldn't have asked for a better result, 5 feet for birdie. It was everything like the first shot I described but better.

I snuck out after work today and played 18, got to try this bent flat to my specs and it was even more impressive than yesterday. I hit two flop shots when I short sided myself and my playing partner asked if I was using a 60 or 64* wedge to hit them. I showed him it was a 58* and he couldn't believe the height and spin I could generate with it. The straighter leading edge is great for low flighted spinning chips as well. I don't know if I will go with one in the 52* or keep the standard MD2 since I don't really manipulate the face all that much on that club.

I snuck out after work today and played 18, got to try this bent flat to my specs and it was even more impressive than yesterday. I hit two flop shots when I short sided myself and my playing partner asked if I was using a 60 or 64* wedge to hit them. I showed him it was a 58* and he couldn't believe the height and spin I could generate with it. The straighter leading edge is great for low flighted spinning chips as well. I don't know if I will go with one in the 52* or keep the standard MD2 since I don't really manipulate the face all that much on that club.

One of my buddies also asked if mine was a 60* on a flop shot. I just said I opened up a 56* and he was instantly intrigued. I said the concept is not new, but something I haven't done with a SW loft before.

One of my buddies also asked if mine was a 60* on a flop shot. I just said I opened up a 56* and he was instantly intrigued. I said the concept is not new, but something I haven't done with a SW loft before.

It's amazing how open the face can be and the leading edge stays low to the ground.

Just orded a 54*T to play with 58*U should make a nice pair

Excited for mine to ship from Callaway.

T Grind is the star of my round right now. Having partial wedge shots, full wedge shots, flop shots, all with one club. This thing is absolutely killing it right now. Believe the hype.

Check out my new 60* with DG onyx s400
6uhe3a5a.jpg

y9y4u9yj.jpg

Sweet looking MD2 TG wedges tombomb.

Back