milehighgolfer

Hacking at Altitude
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
When: August 16, First tee time is 1:03

Where: Fox Hollow Golf Course Canyon/Links

Cost: $49 golf/cart/range balls

http://www.lakewood.org/Community_Resources/Golf/Fox_Hollow_Golf_Course/Fox_Hollow_Golf_Course.aspx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eQf2-Ns40Q
http://youtu.be/XTV1nRC5Rko

Last year we had some contests with prizes and we will repeat that again this year.

All out of state members are welcome and I will do the legwork for hotels if needed. You Texans, Sooners, Cornhuskers, Jayhawks, Cowboys, Lobos, Utes and CJ :D should try to make the trip for a great weekend of golf.

So what I am looking for in this thread is a headcount of those who plan to attend and I will update this post to show who's coming.

Playing:
MHG
kc720+1
Royalwulff

Last edited:
You can bet on me showing up for sure

I'm on vacation that week. Think I should come up for this? Personally, I think it's a great idea. But I have a feeling that my wife would kick me out. But I won't say it can't happen. I will definitely keep this in mind.

I'm on vacation that week. Think I should come up for this? Personally, I think it's a great idea. But I have a feeling that my wife would kick me out. But I won't say it can't happen. I will definitely keep this in mind.

You fly free!!!!
Bring her along and show her the Rockies.
Spread word to the other DFW crew members to see if they would like to road-trip it.

Damn - Can't do it that weekend. I'm actually hosting my first tourney.

Hell yeah you should!

Havta wait & see. Sammy was going do a Peoria round & not sure if I'll have the vacation time for it but a 1 day Denver is very easy trip

You fly free!!!!
Bring her along and show her the Rockies.
Spread word to the other DFW crew members to see if they would like to road-trip it.
I actually thought about that. Bring the family up and let the see some real mountains.

I copied your first post and threw it up in the DFW thread. You never know. It would be a good trip for some one interested in getting up that way.

When are we getting something out east? This is too close for me.

Man, this would be fun to attend but not enough vaca left. I'll be heading to Estes in mid September but can't make mid August.

I actually thought about that. Bring the family up and let the see some real mountains.

And get out of the sauna that is Dallas in August. Ironically I will be in town for training during that week thus giving me the weekend off.

And get out of the sauna that is Dallas in August. Ironically I will be in town for training during that week thus giving me the weekend off.
Coming to enjoy some DFW August weather. It will make you want to run home

Coming to enjoy some DFW August weather. It will make you want to run home

I will be in the A/C 24/7 with a cold Shiner in my hand as much as possible.

Hmmm... maybe I could swing this if it involved spitting the costs with someone <hint hint> :)

Hmmm... maybe I could swing this if it involved spitting the costs with someone <hint hint> :)
Not sure I could pull it off though. I will probably have the family somewhere on vacation. But I sure would love to.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I'm in like flynn. This has the potential to be a good one! Would love to see some Utes make the trip as well. Would certainly split travel costs with anyone coming from the west on I70

I'll throw in a maybe for me. Really depends on school and work. Wife should be outta school for another week or so.

I'll throw in a maybe for me. Really depends on school and work. Wife should be outta school for another week or so.

Good to hear. I guess adding Ute's paid off.

In the beginning planning stage for a local get-together in the Denver area for the morning of August 16th. We did this last year and had a good time and I am hoping for a larger turnout with all the new members in the area. I encourage everyone to bring a friend along to play as well. This would be an excellent way to introduce them to THP and show that we are really normal people! I'll try my best to keep the costs down to below $50 with cart and still have it at a good course. Last year we had some contests with prizes and we will repeat that again this year.

All out of state members are welcome and I will do the legwork for hotels if needed. You Texans, Sooners, Cornhuskers, Jayhawks, Cowboys, Lobos, Utes and CJ :D should try to make the trip for a great weekend of golf.

So what I am looking for in this thread is a headcount of those who plan to attend and I will update this post to show who's coming.

What course is planned? I'd like to say that I'll try to make it, but I've got enough going on in the next 2 months that I can't chisel that into stone just yet. I may be just back from playing in Idaho with my brother, or I may still be up there, so until he and I nail down our schedule, I can't be more definite. Hopefully in the next week or so I'll have a better idea.

Man, if I didn't already have plans in KC for that weekend, I totally would have done this! Bummer! Have fun guys!

What course is planned? I'd like to say that I'll try to make it, but I've got enough going on in the next 2 months that I can't chisel that into stone just yet. I may be just back from playing in Idaho with my brother, or I may still be up there, so until he and I nail down our schedule, I can't be more definite. Hopefully in the next week or so I'll have a better idea.

Would be cool if the 3 of us could make it. Enjoyed both of yours company!!

Man I would love to join you guys but I got duty officer that week.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Don't know if I can join yet--travel schedule for work not set--but if I'm in town I'll be there.

Denver, 24 hours from me....

Hmmm... Anyone have a couch or parking lot???

Back