Official 2014 World Cup Thread (Spoilers)

I'm not sure how to embed this one, nonetheless. It's the most realistic highlight reel from the Germany v Brazil Semi.

That was pretty good Blu. Did you see the one that Ricky posted with J.R making the call?

That was pretty good Blu. Did you see the one that Ricky posted with J.R making the call?

Yeah. That Ricky's was funny for sure. I love seeing the Brazilians fail. It's schadenfreude

Brazil getting a dodgy decision, YET AGAIN!!!!!!

This is getting ugly again......

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 1m Germany aims to be the 3rd country with 4 WC titles; Argentina tries to keep South American teams 8-for-8 in WC finals held in the Americas.

I don't see any way Argentina wins this game.

At least I hope they don't.

Oh and the fact that Thiago Silva wasn't thrown out yesterday was ridiculous. Between the first and last games Brazil played they had some serious favoritism from the refs.

I don't see any way Argentina wins this game.

At least I hope they don't.

Oh and the fact that Thiago Silva wasn't thrown out yesterday was ridiculous. Between the first and last games Brazil played they had some serious favoritism from the refs.

I could bet on Germany, that usually takes cares of whom ever i bet on :) But really I don't see Argentina making all those silly give aways that Brazil made, Germany had an extra day of rest and Arg played 120 minutes so they def have an advantage in fitness...it should be close Germany 2-1

I could bet on Germany, that usually takes cares of whom ever i bet on :) But really I don't see Argentina making all those silly give aways that Brazil made, Germany had an extra day of rest and Arg played 120 minutes so they def have an advantage in fitness...it should be close Germany 2-1

Oh I don't expect a replay of the Germany Brazil game. I just don't think Argentina can win. I agree with the 2-1.

I hope today is a good game, but I think Germany wins it 2-0.

I hope today is a good game, but I think Germany wins it 2-0.

I agree with you and think Germany will win, but I wouldn't count Messi out that easily

I agree with you and think Germany will win, but I wouldn't count Messi out that easily

If Messi gets stifled, Argentina loses by 3 or more.

It's the fact of Argentina. They go as Messi goes.

Of course Argentina can win. Defensively, they've generally been good. Both teams have in fact. It only takes 1 moment of magic from Messi to totally change the game. I agree though if Germany shut him out, it will be difficult. I called Argentina to win it before the tournament, I'm sticking with it. The best team the last 4 weeks though have been the Germans, and they thoroughly deserve to be lifting the World Cup later today.

It's not that I am discounting Messi, but Argentina looks like it has very little creativity other than Messi. I think Germany has the talent to make sure Messi doesn't run wild (where many of their previous opponents did not).

I really think this is Germany's game to lose, they may come out a little over confident because of the last game but after that first 20 minutes they should take it over. Messi is a game changer for sure but Germany plays team defense and have a bunch of offensive weapons. Should be a good one, I hope.

The best team vs the the team with the best player...a classic battle. I like Germany to prevail. They have had the much harder path to this point and handled it with relative ease.

I picked Germany before the cup started & based on play they have looked like the complete team this far. What bothers me about Messi, and Netherlands proved it, is that he can be marked properly and taken out of the match. I expect a good game with Germany on top.

To my mostly lay person eyes it appears Argentina is playing the same defense first, counter-punching offensive style the US employed against Germany. Except Argentina has Messi and others.

After watching a few games, I have to ask. How is there any sportsmanship with all the flopping? Man up and play hard without the sissyness.

After watching a few games, I have to ask. How is there any sportsmanship with all the flopping? Man up and play hard without the sissyness.

I say the same thing about the nba all the time.

I say the same thing about the nba all the time.

True but soccer has 20 times more flops a game, easily. I just do not understand it, never played the game so thats why I am asking.

True but soccer has 20 times more flops a game, easily. I just do not understand it, never played the game so thats why I am asking.

They do it because it works sometimes. It's a joke.

The US team has never done it that I can remember. So take pride in that b

Back