Official 2014 World Cup Thread (Spoilers)

Lol you'd think some of these guys have been hit by a truck but replay shows a step on the toe. Gets old fast

This has been kind of a boring game.

This has been kind of a boring game.

Disagree. Argentina's speed on the counter attack has been hard for Germany to handle and led to some nice chances. Until Argentina started to tire, anyway. Lots of pressure from Germany but they haven't cracked the D yet. I've enjoyed this game

Lol you'd think some of these guys have been hit by a truck but replay shows a step on the toe. Gets old fast

I know it looks like nothing. But that hurts a lot. Especially with the spikes they're wearing. They ain't small.

What a play out of nowhere!

Disagree. Argentina's speed on the counter attack has been hard for Germany to handle and led to some nice chances. Until Argentina started to tire, anyway. Lots of pressure from Germany but they haven't cracked the D yet. I've enjoyed this game

Just cracked that D.

Goooooooaaaalll

Chest to foot by the German. Brilliant!

I would've sworn this was going to PK's. Wow.

Incredible goal

That was a beautiful strike. That's how you want to have a World Cup winning goal. Total skill. Just awesome

I know it looks like nothing. But that hurts a lot. Especially with the spikes they're wearing. They ain't small.
I'm sure it hurts but cmon we know it doesn't hurt that bad. I completely understand where the strategy comes in and trying to get an important call during a big match but I just think it gets a little old. I played for years (not at a high level or anything) and know the pain but also know its not that bad.

Great play and finish!

I understand that stuff but most of the possession has been away from the goal and there haven't been many chances. Maybe it's just been more of a defensive type game.

That goal was phenomenal.

I keep seeing it in replays.

Just a fantastic score. Absolute perfection in execution...so impressive.

I would've sworn this was going to PK's. Wow.

It may still, but I'm glad it probably won't. I don't want to see a WC won in pk

Argentina has some talent in the stands!!!

I understand that stuff but most of the possession has been away from the goal and there haven't been many chances. Maybe it's just been more of a defensive type game.

That goal was phenomenal.

There were a lot of chances but most of them were poor strikes, bad control, etc. Perhaps its the pressure of the moment.

Argentina has some talent in the stands!!!

They do! We see a lot of Argentines in Aspen in the winter and they don't disappoint. Beautiful people inside and out.

My best friend and his family are from Bolivia / Argentina and they are just fantastic people.

Germany kicked some ass throughout the process.

Congrats!

Congrats to the Germans - the most solid team in this World Cup, and much deserved. And man, Shweinsteiger (sp) is going to HURT tomorrow, man he got banged up.

Almost all South Americans I've met are great people. There are many scattered throughout the continent that I'm proud to call my friends. I can't wait.to get down there someday.

Congrats to the Germans! What a fantastic World Cup. So many great, exciting games

For a 0-0 game through regulation, I thought the skill shown my both sides, particularly in the first 60 minutes or so, showed that these were the deserving finalists. Great finish by Gotze for the goal, and congratulations to the Germans.

Back