What would you shoot off the ladies tee?

Let's play from them some time in august. I think I could shoot 65 from there if my putter was going the way it has been lately.

I bet I'd have good chances of 2, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 17 off the tee if I felt so inclined, and every par 5 would be a short iron to the green for an eagle look.
A few weeks before Indy, due to a lot of rain, we were moved up to the "Ladies tees" on the 2nd hole of my league course. I drove it perfectly right up to the front fringe of the green--and three putted for par. :banghead:

If there was a bridge, eagle would've been a given.

To be honest if my game isn't on that day it wouldn't matter what tee im on. We don't have red tee's at my course but the ladies are yellow, and the tee's just make the hole a little bit shorter, you are still putting on the same green. Maybe as the holes are a little shorter I would have some shorter irons in and maybe closer to the pin, so im guessing probably only a couple of shots better, I would like to try it one day just to find out.

Maybe 2-3 shots better at my home course. Shorter tee's do not make any par 4's easily reachable with drives and ladies tee's only mean I hot a 9 iron approach shots instead of 7 iron so not a huge change.

I won't even hazard a guess, but I do think I'll try to find out in one of my upcoming rounds.

I don't quite understand your premise that you're a better golfer than women because you can hit it farther. Women simply lack the physical strength to hit it as far as men. That does not make them any less accomplished of a golfer. If a women shoots a 75, she shot a 75, same as if you did.

If we were able to give women a ball that would fly as far as ours if they were playing from the same tee, would you still argue that if they mopped the floor with you that it didn't count? It's the same thing as having their teebox forward.

Amen.

I would say if you are a 7 Handicap or better you will shave 2 to 3 strokes off. If you are higher than 7 you will shoot about the same.

A 7 or lower is a decent golfer and in the fairway with a driver more often than not. They have a legit shot at driving the green on a par 4 and getting home in two on a par 5.

Higher than a 7 and they usually struggle with consistency off the tee box. They still won't drive a par 4 and still won't get home on a par 5 in two.

Couple strokes maybe, less than a handful.

It's been a while since I've played from the Red (forward) tees. Trying to remember the last time and results. Last time I remember, was back when I was still working at the course. So I was a 1 then, and I think we only played 9 holes from the Red tees and I shot 3 under par. Which seems to be about right considering the distance moved from the tips to the front tees. We are talking about 3350 yards from the tips on the front 9, moving forward to just over 2800 yards. Dropping 550 yards is a pretty decent move forward. The longest Par 5 was only 425 (usually 495) yards from the Red tees, and longest Par 4 being around 370.

My knee jerk reaction is I could shave 10 strokes off 18 holes since I'd be teeing off with hybrids and irons all day and have second shots similar to or shorter than what I'd have with a well struck tee shot from the usual tees. And definitely better than what I have to deal with when I mishit a driver. The tee box is usually my biggest detriment to a low score right now. Might have to try it one evening and see.

My home course doesn't label the tees seniors ladies mens etc. They are just different colors.

Ours is the same way. That's why I used the quote marks for "senior" tees. But we still don't call the "ladies" tees, the forward tips. The forward tips are the ones between the "ladies" and the "regular men's" tees when Jacqui uses them..

The ladies tee at my course plays under 5k yards with multiple par 4s being able to be reached with irons. If I didn't break 70, I'd be upset. You still have to execute the shots though.

So try it and see. Never know unless you try!

Higher than a 7 and they usually struggle with consistency off the tee box. They still won't drive a par 4 and still won't get home on a par 5 in two.

I am not sure I agree with that. You are assuming they would be using driver off the tee. With the shorter holes chances are they'd be using easier to control clubs off the tee, and leaving distances that still would make reaching a par 5 manageable.

Now if they are going to stick with driver and try and drive all the greens they can, then I agree with your assessment.

Maybe I should start playing the hackers tees.

Wowza.

Doesn't everyone here, technically play the Hacker tees? hehe

Anyone claiming they would light it up is delusional. Take the driver out of play and add in some long irons off the tee and watch scores skyrocket.

What makes you think that? Accuracy off the tee is almost a given to improve compared to driver for most people, is it not?

What makes you think that? Accuracy off the tee is almost a given to improve compared to driver for most people, is it not?
Not necessarily. Lately I'd say at this point, my driver is one of my more accurate clubs, and I'm in the fairway a good 60-65% of the time. My long irons? I'm good pretty consistent with the 5i, but if I need to pull 4i, hybrid, or wood, I can't sit here with a straight face and tell you I'd be better off with them in my hand as opposed to my driver.

If I get out tonight after my range session, I'm playing the forward tees.

Seeing claims of a 10 stroke difference is rather interesting. Moving ahead that much is going to take a bogey golfer and make them a single digit? Interesting. Very interesting.

Seeing claims of a 10 stroke difference is rather interesting. Moving ahead that much is going to take a bogey golfer and make them a single digit? Interesting. Very interesting.
Come on man its #internetgolfing at its finest

Didn't you know moving forward affects physics and also changes our abilities?

I love reading those posts. I know that I have the same PB from the whites and Blues (79), three shots better (76) on the Golds at my home course. Never played a full round from the Reds. The nines I have played from there I have a best of 37, which is actually one worse than my best ever nine from the Blues. And those are PB scores. I would guess that my true difference for an average would be half that amount.

I guess the hole gets bigger from the closer tees?

Now I've gotta go try it. Im confident I'll shave strokes but I don't think it'll be anywhere near 10. Perhaps this weekend I'll try

10 shot swing seem a little much, but I don't know if it's too crazy...over 18 holes. A lot of course that I have played don't have the forward tees near 500 yards for par 5's. Most golfers, even those with high handicaps, should be able to get home in 2 shots as long as the hole is around 450 yards. Right? So one would think that most of the Par 4's are not much more than around 350-300 yards. While most golfers won't be able to driver the greens on these, the should have a better shot at getting home in two shots and making a par.

Come on man its #internetgolfing at its finest

I guess the hole gets bigger from the closer tees?

The truth is I dont doubt that many would see some improvements, but I do not believe and wont until its done at a thp event, that its as drastic as being reported. I have done this with close to a hundred people on numerous occasions. Just as I watched two female players destroy the field from the mens tees at a THP Event and yes, it was destroyed and yes they played the tips.

10 shot swing seem a little much, but I don't know if it's too crazy...over 18 holes. A lot of course that I have played don't have the forward tees near 500 yards for par 5's. Most golfers, even those with high handicaps, should be able to get home in 2 shots as long as the hole is around 450 yards. Right? So one would think that most of the Par 4's are not much more than around 350-300 yards. While most golfers won't be able to driver the greens on these, the should have a better shot at getting home in two shots and making a par.

This is assuming that one hits half shots, quarter shots, etc well. Most "average" golfers do not. Then let alone the fact that now one must take ego completely out of play because we all know trouble around golf courses kicks in as you get closer to the hole. So lets say you arrive at a 324 yard hole...how many are going to drop off and hit 5 iron off the tee and then follow it up with a solid approach shot?

The truth is I dont doubt that many would see some improvements, but I do not believe and wont until its done at a thp event, that its as drastic as being reported. I have done this with close to a hundred people on numerous occasions. Just as I watched two female players destroy the field from the mens tees at a THP Event and yes, it was destroyed and yes they played the tips.

MD easily destroyed us in Tampa that time too. It wasn't even a fair fight.

Back