Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to not being a wall hugger when the new Note is released.

haha that's funny stuff right there, although I've been struggling to get through a day with the standard S5 battery. Going FrankenLemon eventually and not looking back.

Registration for the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show opened today. This will be my third year and every year I get excited to see whats new and coming for tech. Last year was 4K and curved televisions. I am thinking wearables are going to be high on the list of must sees.

Anyone have a curved TV? Thinking about replacing the main television and moving the current one into the bedroom. Not 100% sure what I want to replace it with though. The curved ones seem nice in store, but wondering if anyone has experience from home with one.

Registration for the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show opened today. This will be my third year and every year I get excited to see whats new and coming for tech. Last year was 4K and curved televisions. I am thinking wearables are going to be high on the list of must sees.

I used to go every year. Havent been a number of them. It got to the point where I saw the great stuff and it would come out months later and then be replaced 2 months after that. It was just too much.

Anyone have a curved TV? Thinking about replacing the main television and moving the current one into the bedroom. Not 100% sure what I want to replace it with though. The curved ones seem nice in store, but wondering if anyone has experience from home with one.

Not yet, but having spent time in front of dozens of them they are a great idea. I still think its going to be some time before mass adoption when I can buy a 70" LED with reasonable quality for 1500.00 now.

Not yet, but having spent time in front of dozens of them they are a great idea. I still think its going to be some time before mass adoption when I can buy a 70" LED with reasonable quality for 1500.00 now.

Yeah, price is a concern surrounding them right now. Might wait until boxing day and see, just wondering if they're worth the wait or I pick up a 55-60" LED now.

Yeah, price is a concern surrounding them right now. Might wait until boxing day and see, just wondering if they're worth the wait or I pick up a 55-60" LED now.

I wouldn't wait to be honest. By the time UHD and curved TV's are affordable your TV will need to be replaced.

I wouldn't wait to be honest. By the time UHD and curved TV's are affordable your TV will need to be replaced.

By waiting until December?

Hard pondering a Samsung gear watch.

Hard pondering a Samsung gear watch.

Thought had crossed my mind, too. Just not sure I see a benefit (for me) to having one with the desk job I have now.

Was just on chat with TWC. We're going to be starting a new service with them at the new house, and we'll only be getting internet.

Strange thing, is that they force you to pay 15 dollars for someone to come out and set up the modem, unlike their FiOptics competitor who does free installation (but doesn't offer the monster DL speeds I would like). So based on this, we're likely to pay more than 900 dollars a year for internet, which I mentioned to the rep saying I'd go with them if they waived the silly fee, and they refused.

It amazes me that they wouldn't waive it. Silly to worry about 15 dollars during a move i suppose, but it's weeeeird.

Got a new anker battery today. Pretty excited about it.

Looking to pick up the UE Boom bluetooth speaker. Seems to be getting good reviews for it's price.

Pondering selling my Note 10.1 2014 Edition.

Im thinking ipad mini retina or some other 7-8 inch tablet.

A headset for my phone for when I drive as I shouldn't be holding the phone driving a truck

A headset for my phone for when I drive as I shouldn't be holding the phone driving a truck

Have you looked at the LG tones?

Electronics Pondering

Have you looked at the LG tones?

Nope have done much looking honestly I need to but have been uber lazy and busy

Time to go look

Edit-

I see the cancel out back ground noise from the other end of the call I wonder how they do with in cab noise like engine and road noise for the person on the other end

The longer I have had my tablet the more I fall in love with it. The 8.4 Pro has been fantastic and every day I find something new I like

The longer I have had my tablet the more I fall in love with it. The 8.4 Pro has been fantastic and every day I find something new I like
Hey JB, totally agree about the 8.4, but how are you finding the battery life, on standby it is amazing but as soon as I start using it for anything it does seem to drain quite quick?

Hey JB, totally agree about the 8.4, but how are you finding the battery life, on standby it is amazing but as soon as I start using it for anything it does seem to drain quite quick?
I'm not seeing that part actually. The battery life has been quite good for me. In fact I rarely turn it off and leave WiFi on and have had no issues getting multiple days. I do keep GPS off however.

I'm not seeing that part actually. The battery life has been quite good for me. In fact I rarely turn it off and leave WiFi on and have had no issues getting multiple days. I do keep GPS off however.
Hmm gps off might be the way to go, I do have the LTE version as well so maybe that doesn't help?

Hmm gps off might be the way to go, I do have the LTE version as well so maybe that doesn't help?
Could be. I find GPS kills battery on most devices.

Looking for a new TV for the new house and wanted to get some recommendations. We are leaning towards the 4K UHD models that either Samsung or LG make.

Anyone tried the curve TV's or do you feel like I do that they are just kind of gimmicky

Looking for a new TV for the new house and wanted to get some recommendations. We are leaning towards the 4K UHD models that either Samsung or LG make.

Anyone tried the curve TV's or do you feel like I do that they are just kind of gimmicky
Well, this might get shot down by most people on here, but I can't take my eyes off of curved tv! I don't know what it is, but they just draw me in all the time! I am sure standard flat screens are a better picture, but I just loved these curved sets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back