TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

bumping for you guys that have these...

I worked with my club guy to fit these and I needed to go to 2* flat. Went to pick them up from him last night and he said he couldn't get them to bend past 1.5*. I'm doubting that the half degree makes a difference, but I thought the notch in the hosel was supposed to make these easy to bend?

Me too, that is interesting. Had not heard that before.

Sorry if this question was already answered but why are the Rbladez "HL" irons considerably cheaper than the originals?? I picked up my HLs brand new from second swing for $220. Can't find the originals even close to that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if this question was already answered but why are the Rbladez "HL" irons considerably cheaper than the originals?? I picked up my HLs brand new from second swing for $220. Can't find the originals even close to that price.

It is just a guess, but demand??? The originals were a main release. The HL were a secondary release and had less buzz in the marketplace. Just my opinion of course.

SO getting ready to purchase a set of these irons for my brother. Wondering if I should go HL or just pick up the reg set. HE only golfs half dozen times a year so really don't have much to go one. What are the difference between the two? Would rather him hit the 2 and pick but is a gift from rest of family for him completing his stem cell transplant! So any info you guys have between the two would be helpful. Thanks in advance for any replies

Last edited:
SO getting ready to purchase a set of these irons for my brother. Wondering if I should go HL or just pick up the reg set. HE only golfs half dozen times a year so really don't have much to go one. What are the difference between the two? Would rather him hit the 2 and pick but is a gift from rest of family for him completing his stem cell transplant! So any info you guys have between the two would be helpful. Thanks in advance for any replies
Sorry, I just don't know anything about the HL. I recommend calling TM CS - I have found them to be very helpful, I suspect they will answer all these questions for you.

Hey guys

Got my Rocketbladez coming (hopefully) Monday. I was hoping for a call today but alas, they did not arrive from TM at my pro shop!

Have been reading this thread religiously, and had my heart set on the Rocketbladez for a long time! Very excited!

I'm only a beginner but it was important for me to get equipment that I could grow into and get better with. Aside from that, having good equipment acts as an extra motivator to give it that extra 10% effort between lessons so that I'm not known as the guy with "all the gear and no idea" as the saying goes!

Really psyched about getting my hands on these and will report in with my impressions as soon as they come :twist:

Congrats. Nothing like the excitement of waiting for that call from the shop.

They are a great choice or starting out. Easy to hit and you won't have to worry about growing out of them. Several low to mid handicap guys play them that I know.

Congrats. Nothing like the excitement of waiting for that call from the shop.

They are a great choice or starting out. Easy to hit and you won't have to worry about growing out of them. Several low to mid handicap guys play them that I know.

Yeah that's exactly why I chose them - something that is forgiving for a beginner but something that I won't feel I've outgrown even when I'm much better than I am now! Very excited!

Yeah that's exactly why I chose them - something that is forgiving for a beginner but something that I won't feel I've outgrown even when I'm much better than I am now! Very excited!

Are they coming in tomorrow then? Should be good to see your thoughts!

Are they coming in tomorrow then? Should be good to see your thoughts!

I think it'll be Monday now unfortunately. The lady at the pro shop said there was a slight chance they'd be in today but if not then Monday/Tuesday so fingers crossed for Monday!

I'm for sure enjoying mine.. Having got my first ACE with these clubs I can't see myself ever playing something else haha..

Hey Guys

The Rocketbladez came today - I'm so excited to get out on the range/course with them! Sadly I don't think it'll be this week because of an injured hand - typical!

I was like a kid at Christmas when these arrived

0d911767cde31912c8e599827d268cca.png

8c9beab18cb155f34a8ed95df9fc87aa.png

06ba00860d0519bafaa07d2422d1b083.png

b7bffc434b240f77ee5c6f8e05d3a489.png

My initial thoughts on these in comparison to my departing Wilson Di11's is that the head of the Rocketblade looks a fair bit bigger looking down at address. For a beginner like me, this will I think give me lots of confidence addressing the ball. (Rocketblade at the back, Di11 at the front)

945f8d3dd22a6884759a9b667d577853.png

I was drawn to this club by the looks - I've seen a few negative comments in this department - but I absolutely love the look of the club. I did a lot of research before buying, and I wouldn't have purchased them on looks alone, but the general consensus is that they deliver great performance as well as looking good.

Can't wait to get some game time with them, I'll be sure to pop in with my thoughts as I play with them.

All that matters in terms of looks is what you think, so congrats on the new irons. They perform quite well and should be something you can enjoy for quite a while.

All that matters in terms of looks is what you think, so congrats on the new irons. They perform quite well and should be something you can enjoy for quite a while.

Thanks Hawk - that's the plan! I wanted to get something that I can "grow into" if you like, and these ticked just about every box. Got a really good deal through the place I get my lessons too so very pleased :act-up:

Congrats on the purchase! It was a joy testing these clubs - I remember well the excitement of getting and opening that box. You are going to like these clubs a lot, they are very solid.

Been looking at these clubs along with vrs coverts 2.0 and x2hot as a possible upgrade from my di11's, any thoughts ?
Hopefully can test them this weekend at my local to get a feel :)

Just packed mine off this morning to send back to Golfbidder. Just found I grew out of them very quickly. I re-started the game about five months ago (having played a lot about 8 years back and not much since) and at first, when my contact wasn't always great, they were a godsend for just getting the ball up in the air and quite a long way. However, 4 months down the line, I started getting a bit more frustrated with the contact and feel - I didn't like that it 'rocketed' off the face and the feeling that I wasn't controlling where it was going. I suspect the 65g graphite shafts (rather than the 110g 6.0 Project Xs I now use) also had something to do with it. I've found my Callaways much easier to predict and whilst I'm still hitting a couple of bad shots, they're all me rather than the clubs.

Overall, I think they're a good set - just not the ones for me at this point in time.

The Rocketbladez came today - I'm so excited to get out on the range/course with them! Sadly I don't think it'll be this week because of an injured hand - typical!

Glad they've finally turned up - seems ages! - and I look forward to hearing how they go for you :smile:

Been looking at these clubs along with vrs coverts 2.0 and x2hot as a possible upgrade from my di11's, any thoughts ?

I love the X2 hot, I bought a set of Apex as well and for me I didn't get on with those very well, the X2 hot irons feel great to me.

Another iron I liked was the Titliest AP1, I had great control with them but about a club less distance against the X2 but definitely worth a look

I'm sure there are comparisons in the individual threads to the prior release for the recent (in the last few years) TM irons, but in a nutshell, how much improved are they from the Rocketballz to Rocketbladez to Speedbladez and now SLDR irons?

Cant go wrong with any of those. Youll just have to hit them all and see what suits your eye and swing best. I love my Rocketbladez but those Covert 2.0s look sick! Good luck!

I'm sure there are comparisons in the individual threads to the prior release for the recent (in the last few years) TM irons, but in a nutshell, how much improved are they from the Rocketballz to Rocketbladez to Speedbladez and now SLDR irons?

SLDR are different irons altogether so I'm not sure I'd compare them in that way (i.e. in terms of 'improvement'). They are smaller, likely shorter, and less forgiving and made to be that way.

SpeedBlade in my opinion was an aesethetic upgrade - looks and feel. Maybe some tiny differences in performance, but I didn't really see them.

Back