2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - PGA National

I can only hope. I was pretty disappointed about it after one person openly said he filled it out in advance.

fill out what? the email body? I had an idea of what would be required in the email so I had mine ready to go as well...just needed to add the ball of choice as required and hit send. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

hang in there, already had like 4 get in off the waiting list. Life happens and people drop, you could be next!

I can only hope. I was pretty disappointed about it after one person openly said he filled it out in advance.

I think it's pretty common knowledge an email is going to need to be sent.

Beyond that nobody knows what will need to be sent. It always ask for some specific info that isn't divulged until the Signup post is up.

Signups are done everyone had equal opportunity to get in it is what it is let's focus on the great event at hand and who knows maybe the wait list pays off down the road for some folks on it

Signups are done everyone had equal opportunity to get in it is what it is let's focus on the great event at hand and who knows maybe the wait list pays off down the road for some folks on it
Are you going to start an extra rounds thread in the future? I am so pumped for this

Are you going to start an extra rounds thread in the future? I am so pumped for this
Yes hopefully in next 24 to 48 hours with the hotel info just waiting on 1 more reply

This is insinuating that THP somehow picks and chooses who gets into the events a day frankly I find that pretty appalling.

What someone said is that they guessed on quite a bit of the info based on previous sign ups and then made quick changes on the fly when it was announced. The irony is that there was never a peep mentioned when you were able to get into the previous championship in Vegas.

While I wish we had an answer to say this is the reason or could fix it and allow everybody to come we can't so each person is given the ability to enter the exact same way and it's the most fair we know of. It's the reason so many 1st time event goers get I to THP Events and of they weren't sought after we wouldn't host so many and travel across the country in a tour van.

Rather than dwell on not getting in each week with updates, embrace the community and talk about time he game we all are here for and see if the waiting list pans out.

Bryan, I have the original list. But I didn't update it with the recent changes. I'll post it here, for everyone to see, with the understanding it's not 100% accurate.

CAA_Beat
Jman
V.Man
MileHigh Golfer
TexasHacker34
Jukes
Jhoester
philly golf guy
War (DAMN) Eagle
SparksJr
Canes
ThreeBoysDad
OITW
TheChosen1
Michigan Slice
Tequilla4Kap
tpluff
Vegan702
Canadan
O'Carroll
Ddec
Rambler
Hawk
Mancrest
MIKE (Ultimate Event Planner) Dean441
MikeG
NiteOwl03
Golds
G$$$
Cookie
Martsy
GregDan
ForTheLoveofGolf
Sposey
Lightning Bolt44
DawgDaddy
DHartman

Hate not seeing my name on this list. Pumped and excited for you guys!

My goal come end of September is to shoot even par on the Bear Trap, right now could I do it? Probably not. But in two months, I'm going to give it my best shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While I understand it's not as "Grand" as the bear trap, I joined the waiting list to Ocean City the day I got back from Indy. That was only a month away from the OC date. I was so positive I wasn't gonna make it in but sure enough I had an opportunity to go. Sucks I couldn't make it but that's not the point. The point is you have no way of telling who's gonna make it and who can't. And things happen. Not worth getting down on imo

My goal come end of September is to shoot even par on the Bear Trap, right now could I do it? Probably not. But in two months, I'm going to give it my best shot.

That would be awesome OITW. With prep you can get there. Do me a favor and show the Bear TRap who is boss.

This is insinuating that THP somehow picks and chooses who gets into the events a day frankly I find that pretty appalling.

What someone said is that they guessed on quite a bit of the info based on previous sign ups and then made quick changes on the fly when it was announced. The irony is that there was never a peep mentioned when you were able to get into the previous championship in Vegas.

While I wish we had an answer to say this is the reason or could fix it and allow everybody to come we can't so each person is given the ability to enter the exact same way and it's the most fair we know of. It's the reason so many 1st time event goers get I to THP Events and of they weren't sought after we wouldn't host so many and travel across the country in a tour van.

Rather than dwell on not getting in each week with updates, embrace the community and talk about time he game we all are here for and see if the waiting list pans out.
really josh? all I said was I was disappointed about it when someone said they filled it out in advance. are you calling me out on something?

While I understand it's not as "Grand" as the bear trap, I joined the waiting list to Ocean City the day I got back from Indy. That was only a month away from the OC date. I was so positive I wasn't gonna make it in but sure enough I had an opportunity to go. Sucks I couldn't make it but that's not the point. The point is you have no way of telling who's gonna make it and who can't. And things happen. Not worth getting down on imo

Same here I joined after Phil and still got the call unfortunately I thought I was so far down the list I made other plans. Sometimes patience pays off and it all works out in the end.

can we be partners?

really josh? all I said was I was disappointed about it when someone said they filled it out in advance. are you calling me out on something?

Calling you out? Not even sure what that means. I get that you are disappointed. I truly do. But at the same time, there are dozens of people on the waiting list at every event and many get in. I am not a big fan of insinuations based on someone saying they filled it out in advance when the rest of the context is left out explaining how. It points to someone being given directions ahead of time and NOTHING could be farther from the truth. The guy that planned the darn event for us, did not even get the signup info early and he signed up the same way everybody else did.

We work hard on these. We know that disappointment is there if someone does not get into something they want to, but at the same time, understand that everything we do is setup to be as fair as possible, just as it was when you got into last year's event.

Its a beautiful.night

I've never really been to a full fledged resort. Are you guys going to be THP slackers, wearing shorts and golf shorts most of the time, or is anyone breaking out resort attire?

I've never really been to a full fledged resort. Are you guys going to be THP slackers, wearing shorts and golf shorts most of the time, or is anyone breaking out resort attire?

If by resort attire you mean fedoras, white suits and Panama hats, then yes.

Taps away

I walked around the resort at Love is in the Air in a sleeveless shirt and gym shorts so...

but I am from Tennessee

I'll be at the spa the whole time. I'm thinking shamrock boxers.

Tuxedo for me Frank.

Or a pink smoking jacket.

I am all talk, I'll probably be in golf attire...

I need my Cruise wear....

stripes-style-man-690kb061710.jpg

How about do live drawing played on website as you pick names outta fish bowl or go all out and get a bingo spinner with hundreds of ping pong balls. Then everyone can enter and not pray for a bathroom break and hope for a good wifi signal to send an email in for an event. Then everyone can watch live as names are picked. Then no more gripes and Josh, you can dress up in a green tux and GG in a Vanna white dress lol
Sounds like lotta fun eh?

Hit'em long and straight!
@bigtazzGOLF

Back