Razr Fit Xtreme Fairway Wood Review

I've posted pics of my RFE 4W in the Morgan Cup and will also post here. During my fitting at the Annika Academy, we discussed what clubs I should carry in the bag. It was between the 5w and 4w, David thought with the 18* hybo t
and 3deep the 4w would fit nicely.

I hit both the 5w and 4w and really liked the boring ball flight of the 4w. I also liked the fact that I could step on it to get some extra yardage and change my ball flight. Plus it did fill a gap. With the 3deep being so long I need that mid range FW in the bag. Looking forward to putting in play.

fd4ca94066e3d7828bc26a1aa60095ca_zps92f0ce84.jpg
It is a great bat for sure. I have absolutely loved mine. I used to have to hit 4iron when I was having bad days with my driver or when I was up against a short par 4. This 3W has saved my butt so many times its not even funny. There is one hole on my home track that has OB left and water lining the right. I can almost count on a 250+ low ball down the middle. I'm almost wondering if I should have went with the RFX 4 wood. The XHot pro head is a little too big for my liking..

This thread needs more love. The sound and feel of this stick mixed with the accuracy of the black tie shaft have been marvelous for me so far.

Thanks for the review!

Used this next to a guy at the range tonight who had the 3deep. He had the x stiff shaft so we were comparing the two. Both seemed to go about the same distance between the both of us, but the feel of the RFE was killing it. Both of us came to that conclusion too. It also seemed to be a lot more accurate for the both of us, but that could have been because of the black tie. The bigger thing is the interchangeability of shafts for the RFE because of the optifit system. Just some two cents, as I could not be happier with this club, it's great to pull out if you're having an off day and need a straight shooter.

I've posted pics of my RFE 4W in the Morgan Cup and will also post here. During my fitting at the Annika Academy, we discussed what clubs I should carry in the bag. It was between the 5w and 4w, David thought with the 18* hybo t
and 3deep the 4w would fit nicely.

I hit both the 5w and 4w and really liked the boring ball flight of the 4w. I also liked the fact that I could step on it to get some extra yardage and change my ball flight. Plus it did fill a gap. With the 3deep being so long I need that mid range FW in the bag. Looking forward to putting in play.
Old-school bump!

Freddie, I watched you pound this thing out at HHI and now have a pondering going on about grabbing a 5W. Do you think you get the yardage you'd expect out of it? Or is it longer than what you would think a 4W for you would be? I'm looking to fill a certain gap and if 18* is going to play like a 'strong', or a 4W, then I fear it will be too long. My 4i is going about 190-200. My 3W is 230+, easy.

I have a J40 2H but we don't get along more than 50% of the time. When we DO get along, it's good for 200-220.

I hit a RFE 3W at Kinderlou with the fellas and really liked it. Didn't get a chance to measure it, so not sure what to think of 5W distance, is all. Just thinking the RFE 5 might be a better option than the J40 for me right now.

Old-school bump!

Freddie, I watched you pound this thing out at HHI and now have a pondering going on about grabbing a 5W. Do you think you get the yardage you'd expect out of it? Or is it longer than what you would think a 4W for you would be? I'm looking to fill a certain gap and if 18* is going to play like a 'strong', or a 4W, then I fear it will be too long. My 4i is going about 190-200. My 3W is 230+, easy.

I have a J40 2H but we don't get along more than 50% of the time. When we DO get along, it's good for 200-220.

I hit a RFE 3W at Kinderlou with the fellas and really liked it. Didn't get a chance to measure it, so not sure what to think of 5W distance, is all. Just thinking the RFE 5 might be a better option than the J40 for me right now.

and did I see these on sale recently in the deal of the day too?

and did I see these on sale recently in the deal of the day too?

That is a happy coincidence. I was pondering all week, looking on callawaypreowned and all the other "cheaper" sites. Now there just happens to be new ones available for less than CPO!!!

Old-school bump!

My RFE is a beast and I have to dial it back from time to time. I think the RFE FWs were way over looked. I remember swinging the RFE 3w with the trinity shaft from 300+ on my home course and was 10 yds short of the green off the deck. I think the 5w will work for you

My RFE is a beast and I have to dial it back from time to time. I think the RFE FWs were way over looked. I remember swinging the RFE 3w with the trinity shaft from 300+ on my home course and was 10 yds short of the green off the deck. I think the 5w will work for you
Thanks, Panda. I was a bit concerned, but I've been working on function over force lately, so I think you're right. A year ago, I might have slid to the 7W.

Cheers.

I know I'm bumping an old thread but I gotta say I just recently picked up the RFE 4 wood and have to say I'm flat out in love with this club. A few weeks ago Callaway Preowned was having a 40% off deal so I jumped on one for $65. Well I'm not the longest hitter by any means, my last club that this replaced was a RBZ stage 2 HL and I hit that about 185 on a good day. The last 3 rounds I've played with this club though we've been measuring the distances and it's been consistently around 200 yards. Today was the best though with 3 just over 200 and one 219 and a 223 shot (Eagle Creek has 5 par 5's) needless to say I'm glad I jumped on this club and wanted to give guys a heads up if your looking for a new fairway and don't wanna break the bank give these a look at.

I game one of these and it's a beast! A well hit tee shot goes for miles and I've recorded a few that plugged where they landed and they were regularly at about 265 yards. I couldn't ask for more.

I grabbed a 5w on a whim, hoping it would be my 200ish club. I can't keep it under 220. The thing is awesome, outside of the fact I still have a gap.

Help me out here, guys. Tonight I walked into a tiny hole-in-the-wall shop and in the corner they had a new RFX 3 wood with a 7m3 Black Tie shaft. Wrapper still on it and all. I asked "how much" and the guy grunted, "$79 if you take it out of here tonight--no one is buying those things. You're the first to pick it up in a year."

So I bought it. How'd I do, and is this a good club or is there something horribly flawed with it and that's why they're not selling? I figured for $79 it was hard to go wrong.

Help me out here, guys. Tonight I walked into a tiny hole-in-the-wall shop and in the corner they had a new RFX 3 wood with a 7m3 Black Tie shaft. Wrapper still on it and all. I asked "how much" and the guy grunted, "$79 if you take it out of here tonight--no one is buying those things. You're the first to pick it up in a year."

So I bought it. How'd I do, and is this a good club or is there something horribly flawed with it and that's why they're not selling? I figured for $79 it was hard to go wrong.
Personally I think and this is just my opinion, Callaway came out with the Razr Fit and the Xhot then the Xtreme and Xhot 2 then the Berthas all so soon of each other clubs get lost in the mix. Give it a try I'm sure you'll be happy.

Personally I think and this is just my opinion, Callaway came out with the Razr Fit and the Xhot then the Xtreme and Xhot 2 then the Berthas all so soon of each other clubs get lost in the mix. Give it a try I'm sure you'll be happy.

What was the effect of this, in your opinion? Did the RFX become obsolete immediately with the rush of new technology, or does it remain a brilliant club that is simply overlooked and underappreciated?

I keep looking at these cause of there $ point right now

What was the effect of this, in your opinion? Did the RFX become obsolete immediately with the rush of new technology, or does it remain a brilliant club that is simply overlooked and underappreciated?

There is NOTHING wrong with the RFX woods at all, IMO. The only reason don't still have my RFX 3 wood is that I wanted to get something with just a touch bigger face (sweet spot) and higher kick point shaft....so I got the X Hot Pro 3 wood. It's a great club and I think you'll hit it really well.

You can get a "Like New" RFX 3 wood on Callaway Pre Owned for $70.39 (as of today) before shipping, which would cost you about $10. So I'd say you got a good deal on it, all things considered.

I think it just got overlooked. Like Jay said you'll love the club. In fact I went to try out the new G30 driver today and didn't get it cause it hit my RFE better. Personally I think it's an incredible club and I'm sure many more would say the same.

Will be picking up a RFX 3 wood and 5 wood from Martsy in the marketplace this weekend. I haven't had a decent fairway wood in years, so I stopped using one. I'm hoping that these will fill the gap I have between my 3 hybrid and my driver. I normally hit my driver around 250 or so and my 3 hybrid about 195-200, so I have a pretty significant gap, especially off the tee on shorter par 4's. I don't plan on using either too much from the fairway, but that may change over time. Super pumped to get my hands on these.

Just got one of these off of kijiji for a great deal.

I've hit it once on the range and man this thing is LONG.

The range has a little hill just in front of the 250 marker and that's generally where my driver lands and rolls just up to the top of the hill and I've been hitting thee 3 wood where it lands just past the 200 yard marker generally and rolls up over the hill

Just got one of these off of kijiji for a great deal.

I've hit it once on the range and man this thing is LONG.

The range has a little hill just in front of the 250 marker and that's generally where my driver lands and rolls just up to the top of the hill and I've been hitting thee 3 wood where it lands just past the 200 yard marker generally and rolls up over the hill

I just sold my rfx 3 wood on kijiji and we live in the same city so I'm thinking that used to belong to me. Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

Renren89, which shaft does yours have?

Back