Padraig Harrington blindfolded golf shot

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Two time Open Champion Padraig Harrington takes on the impossible with the help of his long standing caddie, Ronan Flood.135 yards to the hole, right behind two trees and aiming at nothing but a 9ft target - oh and he's blindfolded! #Blindingshot

I liked that one, thanks for sharing!

My teaching pro does something similar as a drill. Honestly, I don't even know why - I think it is to get me to swing through the ball instead of hitting at the ball, and tempo. You should try it something, I bet you would shock yourself with how well you strike the ball with your eyes closed.

Last edited:
As Shawn Clement says, "The ball is not your target…." I've seen him advocate hitting a few shots with your eyes closed as well.

That was a fun video, thanks for the post, Icey! I would have been afraid that if I tried the punch shot it would hit the tree and hit me.

I don't think I'd even hit the ball haha fun to watch him do it tho.

Great one, Icey

He got enough shots, but he still pulled it off, blindfolded! That was cool, I liked it.

Padraig Harrington blindfolded golf shot

Awesome video. Can't believe that of all the shots, he holed the 4 iron.

We did a funky tournament last year, where you had to tee off on a par 3 while wearing a halloween mask. Not only did I miss the ball, I almost fell over. Talk about a weird sensation swinging the club.

Side note...I LOVE the accents. I could listen to him and his caddie talk all day long. "Hit 'til your happy." Hahahahaha.

Last edited:
That's incredible.

That was very cool thanks for posting

That's pretty darn talented. I have trouble with contact when it's darker out and I can barely see the ball. I'm sure it'd be a trainwreck if I couldn't actually see the ball.

Had a feeling after a few, one would drop and low and behold. That was smashing work. Paddy is an all around good guy, love his accent so cool.

I thought the Happy Gilmore was tough on it's own, let alone blindfolded!

I usually have my eyes closed on all my full swings but that's only in the down swing. I am not sure I could do a full swing blindfolded.

I do like Paddy though. And what a great shot with a 4 iron between the trees!

I wouldn't have made it with no blindfold and twice as many chances. This was awesome. Really want to see Paddy do well on tour again. He still has the fire in him and loads of talent.

I don't think there's anyone on tour having more fun than Paddy Harrington.

Also, an SLDR hit on the screws is hard enough.

I love the "hit til your happy" motto.

Fun video, worth the watch.

Cool video!!

Oh wow!

Back