2015 THP Events--Where and Why? Lets Discuss

Depends on the event, the location, and the weekend. Sometimes they fill up in a day. Sometimes they don't. Stay active and the announcements are not hard to miss
And every event has a waiting list. With the event signups taking place a few months in advance of the event in most cases, life always gets in the way. There are dozens of people alone this year that have made it into an event, just by asking that their name be placed on the wait list.

Having been to my first event, I'd say wherever they go, I will make what I can to do at least one more next year, sure having it close would make it easier and cheaper, but wherever you guys go, I'll try to make it happen

SEE YOU ALL SOON!

Having been to my first event, I'd say wherever they go, I will make what I can to do at least one more next year, sure having it close would make it easier and cheaper, but wherever you guys go, I'll try to make it happen

SEE YOU ALL SOON!
I agree Martin, I am hooked, at least one next year, hope i can attend one with six4three5, that would be a blast!

We never just cancel, and always improve.

QFT, I have no doubt 2015 will be a perfect example of this!!!

In my opinion, going back to Ocean City in MD is a no brainer... Slew of great courses to choose from, beach, dining & shopping if the family wants to go, etc.

I agree Martin, I am hooked, at least one next year, hope i can attend one with six4three5, that would be a blast!

No hoping there pop. You and I WILL make at least one together next year.

The events in years past near Atlantic City have been fantastic.

Easy access from both NY and Philly Airports and even have the airport right in AC. Major roads in and out.

Tons to do in the area with plenty of lodging

Tons of courses in the area.

Central location for people from Baltimore to Upstate NY.

Totally agree with Joe on this. Great Courses, and so much to do.

Wanted to continue this discussion a bit. Lots of great recommendations and we have a nice list going as well as meetings with each OEM next month to discuss.

Some of the DMV guys were talking during the OC Invitational and we came up with Southern PA like Gettysburg area. Not sure of the courses in the area but I know it would be pretty central for most of the East Coast and Ohio and other Midwest States.

Just a thought

Some of the DMV guys were talking during the OC Invitational and we came up with Southern PA like Gettysburg area. Not sure of the courses in the area but I know it would be pretty central for most of the East Coast and Ohio and other Midwest States.

Just a thought
The SE PA area has some great courses. Links At Gettysburg offers everything (maybe minus a major airport within an hours drive) that you could as for to host an event. It host many regional events in the PA/MD area and the back 9 is probably one of the toughest back nines you will find in the entire area.

Hershey, PA would be another location that would be easy to talk the wife and family into. Besides great golf at the resort if you go that route, you've got one of the best amusement parks around and the resort offers a SPA.

Lots of great golf in the Harrisburg/Hershey/Gettysburg area. And your point about it being within an easy drive of so areas that have some dedicated THP'ers is well made.

I would love to see an Indianapolis event again in 2015, hopefully I will be able to attend next time around!

I remember talking with someone in OC about south-central and western PA being a good location for a THP event for the same reasons -- pretty good access via major highways and within a reasonable drive for many THP'ers including upper-midwesterners. My hat is off to those who drove from MI to OC last month.

I grew up in Philadelphia so I'm certainly up for anything around there too.

The SE PA area has some great courses. Links At Gettysburg offers everything (maybe minus a major airport within an hours drive) that you could as for to host an event. It host many regional events in the PA/MD area and the back 9 is probably one of the toughest back nines you will find in the entire area.

Hershey, PA would be another location that would be easy to talk the wife and family into. Besides great golf at the resort if you go that route, you've got one of the best amusement parks around and the resort offers a SPA.

Lots of great golf in the Harrisburg/Hershey/Gettysburg area. And your point about it being within an easy drive of so areas that have some dedicated THP'ers is well made.

Can I vote for Branson again? :angel:

I'll second that vote for selfish reasons (because I've always wanted to visit).

Wanted to continue this discussion a bit. Lots of great recommendations and we have a nice list going as well as meetings with each OEM next month to discuss.
Meetings with OEM about 2015 events, I can't wait to hear more from those!!!

Intresting hopefully some good stuff comes from those meetings

I'm going to suggest Dayton, OH. The Hollywood Racino will be finished here shortly. Some of the courses here have held lower tour (old Nike Tour and the likes) and the golf here is pretty good.
Heatherwoode, Beavercreek, Pipestone, and Yankee Trace are all excellent courses. If you could swing it, NCR or Country Club of the North (both private) are also options. Senior PGA tour
played at Country Club of the North a few years ago. Centrally located to Columbus, Cincy, Indy, Lexington, Louisville, Toledo and others. For those flying in, the Dayton airport is cheap and easy to get
in and out of. So there's my sales pitch for the Dayton area. :clapp:

I'm going to suggest Dayton, OH. The Hollywood Racino will be finished here shortly. Some of the courses here have held lower tour (old Nike Tour and the likes) and the golf here is pretty good.
Heatherwoode, Beavercreek, Pipestone, and Yankee Trace are all excellent courses. If you could swing it, NCR or Country Club of the North (both private) are also options. Senior PGA tour
played at Country Club of the North a few years ago. Centrally located to Columbus, Cincy, Indy, Lexington, Louisville, Toledo and others. For those flying in, the Dayton airport is cheap and easy to get
in and out of. So there's my sales pitch for the Dayton area. :clapp:

I spent a year in Dayton one week :)

Actually familiar with all those courses as I went to Beavercreek and Wright State. But i gotta admit. Dayton isn't the first place I think of when I'm thinking golf road trip :)

Now just up the road in Columbus, a case could be made for that.

I'll second that vote for selfish reasons (because I've always wanted to visit).

If we are going to vote for selfish reasons.....how about one here in the UK :D

Couldn't imagine anything better than a whole bunch of THP'ers standing on the first tee at the home of golf - St Andrews Old Course

There does not have to be an event for you to visit branson, I think I know a guy whol lives there :D

Couldn't imagine anything better than a whole bunch of THP'ers standing on the first tee at the home of golf - St Andrews Old Course

That would be so magical that I would expect unicorn, centaur, sasquatch, and the loch ness monster to be standing on the tee box with us

It is something we think about all the time. However right now there is just not enough Albatross Club presence to commit what it takes to host an event there. I think the local event you guys have done is amazing, but even that is mostly non-AC members.

Back