The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

Would they be able to sign him outright next year, or are you thinking that Minny might be more on board with a sign and trade if nothing is accomplished with any Love offers this year?
I'd tell minny to pound sand if they tried a trade after next year when there were offers this year

The T-Wolves passed on an offer from golden state before. Thompson, Lee and a first rounder. I don't know what they're thinking, but they are gonna end up not getting a thing for him if they keep being stingy

They needed to throw Barnes in the mix too.

I think I'm leaning towards trading wiggins for love. Honestly, you get love LeBron and Kyrie all for 5 years together in their prime, they're immediate title contenders that entire time. Waiting for wiggins to develop might waste some valuable time. LeBron only signed a two year deal and if the cavs don't make a serious run it two at a title, I'm not 100% he resigns with the cavs. Make the move for love and good luck to anyone trying to beat them

That will be a terrible defensive team FWIW. Irving and Love are both liabilities at that end right now.

I think I'm leaning towards trading wiggins for love. Honestly, you get love LeBron and Kyrie all for 5 years together in their prime, they're immediate title contenders that entire time. Waiting for wiggins to develop might waste some valuable time. LeBron only signed a two year deal and if the cavs don't make a serious run it two at a title, I'm not 100% he resigns with the cavs. Make the move for love and good luck to anyone trying to beat them

You're crazy man. Lebron said he knows they won't win this year, or even next. That being said, I'm ok with giving up wiggins for love. Obviously I'd rather have them both. And mikes right. If we don't snag him this year, we will next year.

The one question I have. While Love is not a defensive stopper...

Do you think Wiggins will EVER average 26 and 12?

You're crazy man. Lebron said he knows they won't win this year, or even next. That being said, I'm ok with giving up wiggins for love. Obviously I'd rather have them both. And mikes right. If we don't snag him this year, we will next year.

Unless he gets traded to Golden State and likes being back home and resigns long term there

No but I think he can average 24 while stretching the floor for LeBron and Kyrie

oh stop it, Lebron isnt bailing after 2
They are making serious attempts to get him, which is more than they did in the past.

If it doesnt work out then buy him next year, no biggy.

I just dont see them trading him for anyone right now.

I am in the same boat, no need to give up the entire future to get what we could probably get next summer or at the trade deadline for a much better price.

I am in the same boat, no need to give up the entire future to get what we could probably get next summer or at the trade deadline for a much better price.

I know this may be a shock to some still because this just happened Friday, but playing for the future doesn't really apply to the Cavs anymore. The future is now

Lebron may say that, but he wouldnt make the move if they were not ready. Its far easier to say we wont win and then do, then it is to say we will and then not...As they found out.

He doesnt have to. You think Love averages 26 playing with Lebron and Irving? No way. Chris Bosh put up great numbers before heading to Miami too. THink he forgot how to play on the trip?

I would trade Wiggins for Kevin Love in a heartbeat. Wiggins at this stage, as talented as he is there is no telling how developed or lack there of he'll become in the big league. He could end up being a flop. Kevin Love is proven and the more I watch his highlights on youtube I can see how Love could do serious damage with Bron and Kyrie on the court. Kyrie penetrating to the hole kicks it out to Lebron who then immediately laser passes it to Kevin Love for the three. Kevin has much to his game that has already been proven in the league.
Light em up, Kev

I think Love fits in well with the Cavs but JB is right he doesn't play a lick of defense. I bet he would still average 18 points and 12 rebounds, the points will come because of the wide open looks he will get. I really hope the Twolves don't screw this up and don't trade him.

I think Love fits in well with the Cavs but JB is right he doesn't play a lick of defense. I bet he would still average 18 points and 12 rebounds, the points will come because of the wide open looks he will get. I really hope the Twolves don't screw this up and don't trade him.

The only way the Twolves screw up is by not trading him!

They would be stupid not to trade Love. He doesn't even want to be there in Minnesota. But yes....Love's defense is an issue.

I would rather they got someone who is proven as well as a budding up and comer.

Minnesota has no leverage when it comes to this Kevin Love situation. If I'm the Cavs or the Warriors I'm not coming off my offers. Everyone knows Love is leaving so stand strong on your offer or wait until free agency. Worst case, Love does make it to free agency then the Cavs and Warriors can choose who they want to release to create room for Love (although they'd obviously have other teams going after him as well). It's a game of chicken and you have to think Minnesota is going to eventually cave or else they will lose him for absolutely nothing.

As for Love's defense, he has improved greatly on this end. His PER against him this year was 15.3 (league average is 15, so he's pretty much average) compared to 18.9 two years ago. The Wolves defensive rating this year with Love on the court was 101.6 compared to 103.9 with him off the court (so 2 points better with him on the court). Also, let's remember in the West he is going up against Griffin, Dirk, Duncan, Anthony Davis, Aldridge, Zach Randolph, Ibaka, David Lee and Kenneth Faried to name a few. In the East it's Bosh, Millsap, and David West. It's not even close where most of the best power forwards in the league are. Love has improved his defense and if he's put on a winning team in the East I don't think his defense will be an issue at all.

Kyrie on the other hand has to show me something on defense. Hopefully now that he's on a winning team he will improve but this has been an issue for him and he hasn't shown the improvement I'd like to see.

Holy Cow

the Nets are facing a payroll of $128,164,804 – $93,538,372 in salary and $34,626,432 in taxes.

Kyrie on the other hand has to show me something on defense. Hopefully now that he's on a winning team he will improve but this has been an issue for him and he hasn't shown the improvement I'd like to see.

I agree! He's my fav PG in the league but his defense isn't the strongest that's for sure.

Holy Cow

the Nets are facing a payroll of $128,164,804 – $93,538,372 in salary and $34,626,432 in taxes.

That's just insane. They don't even have anyone worth all that $$$

Holy Cow

That franchise is such a train wreck

i dont think the cavs need Love ...i do remember LBJ winning 66 games with Mo williams and delante west as his running mates. so i think irving, wiggins and waiters will be more then enough. they will be able to score im not sure they need another scorer that doesnt play D.

That franchise is such a train wreck

Who would have ever thought something could get even worse AFTER leaving NJ? Heh

i dont think the cavs need Love ...i do remember LBJ winning 66 games with Mo williams and delante west as his running mates. so i think irving, wiggins and waiters will be more then enough. they will be able to score im not sure they need another scorer that doesnt play D.

How many titles did that team win? Regular season record is irrelevant. It's about playoff basketball. Can Kevin Love give the Cavs a better chance to win multiple playoff series? That's the million dollar question

Holy Cow

What a joke, I'd say there's something gone wrong in the front office!

Back