What is the most important thing for your swing?

Tempo... with a close 2nd being not to bump my hips dramatically starting the downswing.

What is the most important thing for your swing?

Takeaway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I tend to have an outside in swing so for me I am working to get that fixed. I started by standing a little closer to the ball and keeping my hands forward. No idea if it is helping yet, but my last round had fewer s words than normal so that was a bonus.

Great question. Right now it is starting back on the right path.

At other times it's not starting the downswing with my shoulders.

Timing and getting the club in the slot.

Good contact

staying loose and relaxed on my grip and being fluid with my motion. Pretending I know what I'm doing and owning it.

I like to think about staying connected with my upper body and swinging with a smooth tempo.

Getting my right arm bent. I get too upright when I get lazy with it and start hitting pulls. I use my right arm to get my club face open

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

tempo, when i lose that i get to using arms to much and it all goes down hill from there

For me I want to continue rotating my body through and beyond the ball to a full finish

Staying balanced. I try to hold my finish until the ball reaches the peak of its flight.

Hey guys/gals,

Im new to the site :act-up: heres my opinion. Ive read a bunch of responses and they're all great and very important in making good contact. Once the knowledge of these things is achieved I find the most important thing is consistency and repetition. Everyones swing is different and will change over time so find what works for you and practice consistency and repetition. Knowing where your hands or hips or head should be is one thing but to do it consistently over the period of a round or your life for that matter is super hard to do for regular/average people such as ourselves. IMO, this where lower scores come from. Im not a pro or a tour player or anything, just a regular person that really loves golf.

Another thing that goes hand in hand with a good swing for me is making sure my front hip and shoulder thrust to a 1:00 position (where 12:00 is the direction I want the ball to go). I generate most of my power from that rotation, and if I let my front side open up at all, it's a dead pull every time.

Since tempo has been mentioned, I'll say "one piece takeway". Shoulders, arms and club moving in unison.

Grip & tempo. When I'm playing my swing is my swing so grip and tempo will give me best results.

Grip. Alignment. Swinging trough.

a club?

Most important thing for me is visualization. If I can concentrate well enough on visualizing the shot I want to play, it keeps my mind free from swing thoughts or anything mechanical. Once I start thinking about the mechanics of my swing, I'm doomed.

Back