Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
For guys who have hit the woods and hybrids what do you see as the difference other than the shafts.

Honestly, not much a difference in the woods. The addition of a 5deep to the lineup was extremely welcome. Don't underestimate the difference in the shaft. I couldn't hit PX shafts in them from last year, but really liked both the Tour Blue and Tour Green in this year's offering

However, the hybrids are a huge improvement. The addition of the hyperspeed face to the hybrids this year makes them stupid long and forgiving. They also changed the shape to a more tour spoon-ish adamsy hybrid shape which is preferred by most.

Completely agree with jlukes' assessment, especially related to the hybrids. The X2Hots are sooo much better, IMO.

The X2Hot hybrid is lightyears better than the previous model.
I was openly critical about last year's model, but this year's hybrid is special.
I think the entire line is better actually.

My buddy hit my xhot hybrids and liked them more than his new adams pro hybrid so he traded it in for the x2hot hybrid. The x2hot is more sleek and seems to have a better ball flight but i believe the xhot may be more forgiving. I would hit both to see what you hit better.

The X2Hot hybrid is lightyears better than the previous model.
I was openly critical about last year's model, but this year's hybrid is special.
I think the entire line is better actually.

I completely agree with JB. I replaced a razr X black wood with an XHot, and didn't think it could get any better. But this year I picked up an 11 wood, and it just feels better. But I mean if you want to save a few bucks the XHot will save you a bundle and you will have one of the best fws (IMO) that Callaway has produced.

I'm currently playing the XHot 3H and 4H and absolutely love them. In all fairness though, I have not had the opportunity to play the X2Hot's as of yet so I really have nothing to compare them too. But the reviews have been very good on the X2Hot's so I will definitely be looking into upgrading soon.

Agree the X2hot is much better than the Xhot better shafts and the heads are more pleasing to my eye the offset on the Xhot was unbareable for me

The X Hot was the one driver I was really excited about and frustrated with last year. I wanted it to be my driver badly. I remember trying it several different times, thinking I must have been tired when I hit it, or not warmed up properly each time I saw the results. It felt great, but the results were just sort of average. It was the driver I really wanted, and ended up not cracking my top 5. The X2Hot was a different story. I was ready to dismiss it before I hit it, and it stood up to the challenge. I felt it was a big step forward.

The X2Hot hybrid is a beast. It might be the only club I haven't bought because it was too good. Moving to that hybrid would have forced me to change most of the high end of my bag due to distance gaps. I probably would have had to buy 3 new clubs in order to put that thing in my bag.

I'm very similar to jlukes in my assessment. 2 and 5 deep addition to the woods was big but the real improvement is in the hybrids. So fun to hit, wish I had more of them!

Agree with all of the above. While I can't say the rest of the line was improved, per se, more just graphics changed... I can most definitely say the hybrids are leaps and bounds better than the original X Hots in the X2 Hot line. Much improved shape and a hot face, thanks to the Hyper Speed Face Cup. I was never a big fan of the goose neck shaped Callaway fairway woods and hybrids with the funky looking warbird sole and shallow faces that flowed terribly into the hosel. But, this one is so much closer to a real players hybrid in shape rather than a slightly smaller fairway wood. I really love my X2H Pro- it's even a great driving club it is so long off the tee. Seriously thinking about getting a 16* with my preferred shaft solely for from the tee. The Pro version is even fairly forgiving, plus not much draw bias in it.

head shape is different... especially in the hybos i actually don't like the X2hot line as much as the Xhot personally.... i doubt i'll ever get a new hybrid i love my Xhot more than any club in my bag (besides putter) same for the X hot driver but less of a difference.

The X Hot was the one driver I was really excited about and frustrated with last year. I wanted it to be my driver badly. I remember trying it several different times, thinking I must have been tired when I hit it, or not warmed up properly each time I saw the results. It felt great, but the results were just sort of average. It was the driver I really wanted, and ended up not cracking my top 5. The X2Hot was a different story. I was ready to dismiss it before I hit it, and it stood up to the challenge. I felt it was a big step forward.

The X2Hot hybrid is a beast. It might be the only club I haven't bought because it was too good. Moving to that hybrid would have forced me to change most of the high end of my bag due to distance gaps. I probably would have had to buy 3 new clubs in order to put that thing in my bag.

I agree 100% with the bolded sentence (to piggy back this statement on top of my previous post). I have a X2HP 18* hybrid with AD-DI95, and it is a rocket launcher. Literally too long to fit my bag's gaps without serious rearranging. I am perfectly happy with the Adams I'm gaming now (because it fits my yardage gaps perfectly, among other reasons), but will pull the X2HP on some longer courses I find myself left with some long approaches or short, tight drives. Honestly, if I were forced to do one of those 3 club tournaments, this would almost certainly be one of them because of the versatility.

Have to agree. I have 2 Xhot fairway woods, and I hit them well for sure. However, once I get some money saved up I'll probably get a X2Hot (or BB) fairway metal and a X2Hot hybrid to replace my 5 wood instead.

The X2Hot fairway woods, in my experience, induce a much higher launch than the X-Hot. Which is awesome, IMO.

I find that I get a slightly flatter overall flight with the fairways (Pro model), a better feel, and a much more penetrating flight. They set up similarly, but the X2 feels like it has a bit more pop of the face.

As many have said, the hybrids are leaps and bounds better this year, less offset and a deeper face make them much more appealing behind the ball. The faces are far improved, wit the cup face being incorporated in the new version. The hybrid was the club I was looking forward to the most in the 2014 line up.

I am one of the few that actually like the XHot hybrid shape over the X2Hot. The XHot has more offset, and I never could get used to the high toe on the X2Hot. In the fairway woods I think they improved on the shaft with the X2Hot over the XHot. The face is also deeper in the X2Hot. I liked the XHot fairway woods, but like the X2Hots better.

I think they improved on the shaft with the X2Hot over the XHot.

I'm not a fan of the tour blue and tour green at all. I actually think the stock offering in the XHot was better. That is why I went with a factory custom option when I ordered mine.

I've gamed the x hot and x2hot hybos and really like both a lot. I always felt like the Xhot was more if a FW; easy to hit, very good distance, but I had issues squaring up at address and using them in the rough. With that said, a nice hit with my 4h went just as far as the 3h in many other models.

The x2hot feels more like an iron; the head looks more compact, sound at impact is more pingy, easier for me to square up and great out of the rough. It's easy distance with a more penetrating ball flight as well. In fact, the entire x2hot line is pretty impressive and I've contemplated getting each of the clubs at some point. At any rate, I see it as an upgrade over the original xhots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the face on the driver is much improved. The difference the X2 Hot made in my bag has been truly amazing. I played several rounds with the Xhot before trading it for the original Covert. The X2 Hot wasn't even on my try list but it changed my game. I don't own the hybrids but the 5 deep has been very interesting. Great off the tee at first, now better off the turf. Hit a 230 second shot from the rough with it on Sunday that was ten feet from the pin. That wasn't likely to happen with any other club I've tried in that range...230 is very good for me.

Some of these comments have me intrigued. I hit my X Hot Pro 4H very well, makes curious how I'd do with the X2Hot Pro.

Just got in my XHot Pro 5 wood today that I ordered from Rock Bottom for a steal of a deal. I am curious about one thing with it though. There is a small round rubber looking piece on the sole of the club on the heel side as shown in the picture below. Curious if anybody else still has this wood series and can tell me if that is something that is supposed to be on this club. Emailed Callaway customer service about it tonight.

2015-01-06225718_zps81fe4903.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Googled this club and looked at several pictures of this series and didn't notice it on any of the other clubs pictured. The club came sealed in a Callaway bag just like my recently purchased Alpha 815 driver and V Series fairway woods did that came directly from Callaway.

I believe the pro version used that hole so u could hot melt to the head.

Just got in my XHot Pro 5 wood today that I ordered from Rock Bottom for a steal of a deal. I am curious about one thing with it though. There is a small round rubber looking piece on the sole of the club on the heel side as shown in the picture below. Curious if anybody else still has this wood series and can tell me if that is something that is supposed to be on this club. Emailed Callaway customer service about it tonight.

2015-01-06225718_zps81fe4903.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Googled this club and looked at several pictures of this series and didn't notice it on any of the other clubs pictured. The club came sealed in a Callaway bag just like my recently purchased Alpha 815 driver and V Series fairway woods did that came directly from Callaway.

I got the same deal, Sox! I got the pro 5 wood and a 3deep, and both have it. It's definitely supposed to be there, but I am not positive why.

Back