Maritxa

Reaction score
Handicap
So I need some feedback.
I've had a sun sensitivity since I was 18 - I manage - don't feel sorry for myself at all and just cover up from head to toe and go have a blast in life. But I was thinking, since I'm always with long pants anyhow why not give knickers a try out on the golf course? They are as connected to golf as anything - I'll be in traditional golf clothes and have a blast with matching the socks with the top! It will be my own Maritxa style so I figure I give it a go!
So has anyone tried them?
Any good sites or brands?
Suggestions?
Ask around - let me know - this will be my look for next season so might as well start the research!

Thanks for any feedback you can give!

The sites that I have looked at before seem to have some really sharp knickers but they are kinda pricey. good luck on your search and post some pics when you get your new threads.

Gonna wear the Tanner hat too?

I wouldn't mind wearing them sometimes just for the fun of it. It is definitely a fashion statement. It would be cool to have an outing where everyone had to dress old school in knickers. I'm game.

I've got a pair that I've been known to wear on occasion. I'm not sure I can fit in them at the moment since I've added a few pounds since I wore them last. There used to be a site that had them for fairly cheap compared to most places. I think they were around $40 a pair whereas most places have them for around $100 or maybe even a little more. I'll keep looking to see if I can find that site.

I love them, but it is really expensive to get matching outfits, based on all of the research I have done.

I love the traditional look, but it not a area I would go. Payne Stewart pulled it off, but he was Payne Stewart.

Well BROCK - yes - hat and all. If I'm ever in the Ohio area then we'll have to go for it!
Thank you BHILTON for looking - I was checking the prices and they are pricy - but fashion is fashion LOL!

I'm gonna have to pull it off HoosierGolf cause we gotta make this fun!

MXR

I started wearing knickers for a few tournaments, but loved wearing them so I started using them on a regular basis. I have purchased mine from golfknickers.com, they are not much more expensive than a good pair of khakis. What I have done and my tip to you is to buy a neutral pair of pants (grey, black, tan) and then change of the color of the socks and shirt. I have gotten a many different pair of their argyle socks and it appears that I have multiple outfits.

Good luck and I love your attitude on life. "Attitude is Everything."

This is too funny! Here in New Zealand knickers are women's underwear, lol. I saw the headline and thought what the hell. Sorry, carry on................

WTF are golf knickers?????????

I would say go for it. I have a pair (unfortunately got them about 20 pounds ago) that I was wearing for most of my rounds last year. I would look at golfknickers.com, they will run specials from time to time and you can get the whole outfit reasonable.

Google Payne Stewart

Right. Plus Fours. Never heard them called golf knickers before. As mentioned previously, that means something totally different where I'm from. The sort of thing Laura Davies wears LOL.

Wonder if I could pull these off. I love the look of then but don't want to look like a tall goof wearing them either.

Knickers could be fun I think, but I'd want to make sure my game could match the outfit (for me anyway). Payne was one of my favorite golfers, and part of that was the knickers he wore.

I always said if I had the game to back them up I'd totally wear them. I think they look sharp

I started wearing knickers for a few tournaments, but loved wearing them so I started using them on a regular basis. I have purchased mine from golfknickers.com, they are not much more expensive than a good pair of khakis. What I have done and my tip to you is to buy a neutral pair of pants (grey, black, tan) and then change of the color of the socks and shirt. I have gotten a many different pair of their argyle socks and it appears that I have multiple outfits.

Good luck and I love your attitude on life. "Attitude is Everything."

I do this too. Except instead of buying the expensive knickers I bought golf pants on ebay for next to nothing and had a lady I know (my mom) cut them off and sew some elastic in them. Worked like a charm! I have Callaway knickers I bought for five bucks! A word of warning: for knickers to look "right" you have to cut off regular pants about halfway between the knee and ankle. You'd think you'd lop them off at the knee - nope! They won't look right. Chop'em lower, put in the elastic and then "blouse" them up over your socks at the knee. Works great. Looks great. I love'em!

Back