Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truthfully wouldn't buy a 4K TV right now since there really isn't a whole lot you can watch in 4K. Yes Netflix can stream 4K but you better have ungodly bandwidth lol

Don't need one now because I'm in an apartment, but I might invest in the Nest Thermostat when I take the plunge on a house.

Does anyone have one? Thoughts, questions, and concerns are appreciated.

Don't need one now because I'm in an apartment, but I might invest in the Nest Thermostat when I take the plunge on a house.

Does anyone have one? Thoughts, questions, and concerns are appreciated.

I have the Gen 1 model. Works great. Maybe a bit overpriced but I am lazy and I like turning my AC down with my phone and not have to get up off the couch to do it.

I have the Gen 1 model. Works great. Maybe a bit overpriced but I am lazy and I like turning my AC down with my phone and not have to get up off the couch to do it.

Haha. Nice. I should totally get one, then. But we don't change ours often anyway. It's already programmable so it does what it does. I do like the idea of the Nest and what I've heard, but I agree they seem overpriced when you can get an internet connected programmable for a lot less from a lot of other makers. Don't think it would make enough difference to offset the additional cost.

And Nest should only get better now that Google owns them

Need a new case for my iPhone...one that will charge it solidly on the go.

Have the SKIVA on there now (only like $30 from Amazon) and while the charge functionality works great, it has been dropped a few times so there are some cracks on the outer casing and it doesn't stay snapped on as well as it did when I got it.

Need a new case for my iPhone...one that will charge it solidly on the go.

Have the SKIVA on there now (only like $30 from Amazon) and while the charge functionality works great, it has been dropped a few times so there are some cracks on the outer casing and it doesn't stay snapped on as well as it did when I got it.

Really enjoy my Mophie case. Works really well and isn't too bulky.

Starting to wonder if I'm better off just going with an external battery pack....but then I fear I may forget it. This would also require that I get another case for my phone for everyday protection.

Starting to wonder if I'm better off just going with an external battery pack....but then I fear I may forget it. This would also require that I get another case for my phone for everyday protection.
I just have chargers scattered everywhere I normally go. One upstairs ,One down. Charger in each office. I looked into the mophie but really don't want to give my element case up. I think I like it more than the phone. An external battery pack is something I need to start looking into with all the traveling I have been doing as of late.

I just have chargers scattered everywhere I normally go. One upstairs ,One down. Charger in each office. I looked into the mophie but really don't want to give my element case up. I think I like it more than the phone. An external battery pack is something I need to start looking into with all the traveling I have been doing as of late.

I'm similar, have a charging cable at work and a few in the house, etc. External pack (as long as I don't forget it) is great for charging nearly anything on the go.

I've gone away from the charging case and have been using external batteries. Love the Go Puck I have as well as the 12000 mah Anker with smart ports. Always keep them in my bag with an extra cable, no worries.

I've gone away from the charging case and have been using external batteries. Love the Go Puck I have as well as the 12000 mah Anker with smart ports. Always keep them in my bag with an extra cable, no worries.

That's what I decided to do. Ordered the Otter Box defender and RAVpower 14000mAh.

Love Amazon prime, will be here Friday.

Nice that's a huge battery lol. I just want to get a G3. I've had my S3 for too long

I have a like new iPhone 5 lifeproof case. Black and comes with box and all original accessories. I used it for one whole day!

I will trade it for a dozen golf balls if anyone is interested.

Looking at a Chromebook for my wife and her schooling. Narrowed it down to the Acer, Samsung or Asus 11.6" models.

Any experience with these? Would love to make a purchase in the next day or so.

Go Samsung, you'll never be disappointed with their products

I've been lusting after the LG G3 for weeks. I think it's time to just drop the hammer.

Update on the Surface Pro 3. I think this is going to serve very well in the role of laptop/tablet (laplet?) for me. For everything but the simplest of tasks, I've gone to the Surface over the iPad and at work the Surface shines. A click of the pen and OneNote opens immediately and note taking is a breeze. The pen is much more responsive than the iPad stylus. Keyboard size doesn't seem to be an issue either (for me at least). I did have one problem with a touch screen issue, but a late night text chat with MS staff (at 1 am, seriously) cleared that issue right up. Aside from that one hiccup, it's been a great device for me so far.

Update on the Surface Pro 3. I think this is going to serve very well in the role of laptop/tablet (laplet?) for me. For everything but the simplest of tasks, I've gone to the Surface over the iPad and at work the Surface shines. A click of the pen and OneNote opens immediately and note taking is a breeze. The pen is much more responsive than the iPad stylus. Keyboard size doesn't seem to be an issue either (for me at least). I did have one problem with a touch screen issue, but a late night text chat with MS staff (at 1 am, seriously) cleared that issue right up. Aside from that one hiccup, it's been a great device for me so far.

Any experience with the Pro 2? Differences?

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the photography thread but figured here would be seen more

Went to sort out the pics from last weekend and found our camera is playing up so we will be looking for a new one. Currently have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX9 that is very old now but has lasted well so we would consider a newer Lumix if it could last as long again, but do people have any suggestions for a decent quality compact camera?

Primary use is general holiday snaps, pics on the golf course, family snaps, etc so I wasn't looking at a digital SLR

Don't want to spend too much (and obviously I need to work in UK currency) but any suggestions will be considered

Thanks folks

Picked up another laptop to use since my other two are a bit bogged down editing video coverage for the Morgan Cup.

Grabbed a MacBook Air since they got discounted.

Picked up another laptop to use since my other two are a bit bogged down editing video coverage for the Morgan Cup.

I'm praying we have some awesome coverage.

Electronics Pondering

I thought you were anti apple products. (I don't mean that as a shot, just thought you preferred non IOS) Anything in particular about the Air you like or is just the weight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back