2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

I love seeing prep like this MS. You keep grinding.

Yes, there is a little pressure!!!

Putting too much pressure on you can sometimes hurt you....just go out there and just have fun!

Back to the Grandaddy talk, let's bring on the next contest! :desire:

I feel that I am about to give myself a decent prep in case I get into this.
I am about to fill in for a league where I know exactly one person( who won't be there!!)

Furthermore, I've never played the course, and tonight is money night. The team I am subbing for is in third place only 5 points from first and 4 points away from falling out of the money.

It's hero or goat time!
Go get 'em buddy, that sounds like perfect prep!

Pretty happy with the way I played.
I do have a contest going on so I'll post a pic of my scorecard later tonight.

Was playing well, so I kept playing....
Happy happy happy...

Great prep!

I feel that I am about to give myself a decent prep in case I get into this.
I am about to fill in for a league where I know exactly one person( who won't be there!!)

Furthermore, I've never played the course, and tonight is money night. The team I am subbing for is in third place only 5 points from first and 4 points away from falling out of the money.

It's hero or goat time!

OK, I played my 9.
Played pretty well, Had to Baby powder my hands a few times because I didn't know this but we played against the second place team. (who had a trash talker to boot).

I started off with a 7 (triple) on #10. I could have fallen apart, I was bummed.
#11 middle of fairway, flubbed 2nd shot, leaving me 146 to the pin, I stuck it to 3" tap in par.
#12 made 35' putt for BIRDIE.

I wont go hole by hole, but I really pulled it together after everything could have went so wrong.

I finished with a 44 on the competition 9.

The team I played on ended up finishing in FIRST place by 2 points!

EXTREMELY happy with myself, tomorrow morning on the road at 4:15 to play with a THPer, I HATE live update threads but am going to insist my scores are followed.

BTW, the guy I played with is looking at joining up (hopefully he does), and we played the front 9 also. I also shot 44 on the front (1st time playing the course)

Final numbers
44/44 98
35 putts (needs to be better...)
12/14 FIR
5/18 GIR

Pretty happy, but NOT satisified!!!

THIS is just the BEGINNING!!!

Last edited:
I anxiously await the next contest.

OK, I played my 9.
Played pretty well, Had to Baby powder my hands a few times because I didn't know this but we played against the second place team. (who had a trash talker to boot).

I started off with a 7 (triple) on #10. I could have fallen apart, I was bummed.
#11 middle of fairway, flubbed 2nd shot, leaving me 146 to the pin, I stuck it to 3" tap in par.
#12 made 35' putt for BIRDIE.

I wont go hole by hole, but I really pulled it together after everything could have went so wrong.

I finished with a 44 on the competition 9.

The team I played on ended up finishing in FIRST place by 2 points!

EXTREMELY happy with myself, tomorrow morning on the road at 4:15 to play with a THPer, I HATE live update threads but am going to insist my scores are followed.

BTW, the guy I played with is looking at joining up (hopefully he does), and we played the front 9 also. I also shot 44 on the front (1st time playing the course)

Final numbers
44/44 98
35 putts (needs to be better...)
12/14 FIR
5/18 GIR

Pretty happy, but NOT satisified!!!

THIS is just the BEGINNING!!!
I'm no math major, but 44/44 = 88, which is a nice score!!

When's this next spot up for grabs? I'm feeling creative this week

Ready for another shot at this!

I'm getting pretty antsy to see the new contest get started. I know we have a bunch of folks ready to vie for that next spot to join team #BasementDwellers!

Things will be crazy for the next 10 days while the majority of focus is on the Morgan Cup but make no mistake about it, things will be hopping with this one again before we know it!

I'm looking forward to giving Hashtag Chad a piece of my mind next week. Wonder if he will be scouting me out by the order of Harry?

Nothing would surprise me with those animals!

The next contest will be shortly after #THPMC

Bring it on! Chomping at the bit to get another shot at this!

Next weekend will be great, get to watch #THPMC and get 2 play golf with THP'ers in springfield then get another chance at #TheDos......good times

You know what? I think I'm going to enter!

Ha.... That made me chuckle! I mean, I was a little concerned you wouldn't.... Thanks for clearing that up! :p

From The HTC One Blue!

Perfect a few days to rest then get right back at another chance at the opportunity of a lifetime.

Back