Sub Shops - The Chains

never had firehouse, they just put one up a couple miles from here, ill go check them out

Depends on my mood, I like something at all of them (never tried Firehouse though). In general I will have to go with Charley's and Penn Station or maybe Potbelly. Hard to go wrong with their Sicilian. Yum

Jimmy Johns for this guy but Dan I'll try out Penn Station with you down here when you make a trip

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

ATLGolfer just told me they opened a Penn Station nearish Atlanta -- I want to go eat a sub there.

It's true. They just opened one up -- inside the perimeter at that!

I'll probably hit it up after golf on Saturday.

My favorite would be Jersey Mike's but there is a place in Fort Collins called Obee's which is my absolute favorite

As far as franchises, nothing even comes close to Primo, although I've never tried Jersey Mike's. They use Thumanns meats, and real provolone cheeses which you can smell from a mile away, the way it should be. They even put prosciuto in their italian hoagies.

But here in S Jersey, nothing beats some of the numerous local shops such as Vic's and the world famous White House Subs in AC (although Primo comes pretty close).

Edit: I just noticed Wawa hoagies were mentioned. I would not even consider Wawa hoagies as hoagies, barely consider them food..I would rather go hungry..

Last edited:
Quizno's around here closed. Don't know why... I ate there once and it wasn't too bad.
Jersey Mikes is ok.
Firehouse is ok.
Subway is ok.
I'd pick Jersey Mikes over the others I mentioned I guess...

Sub Station 2 is a chanin here in the Midlands of Sc... they're better than the above listed joints but I'll go out of my way to eat at Groucho's... they're also a local sammich shop and they're really good.

I like Penn Station for hot subs, Jersey Mikes for cold, but both are on the pricey side.

On a budget < $6 I find myself going to subway the most. JJ's I like if I'm in a hurry. Quizno's bit the bullet around here and though there is a firehouse around here somewhere I haven't tried it yet.

Heck who am I kidding I like them all! I am a huge sandwich/sub guy.

Quizno's around here closed. Don't know why... I ate there once and it wasn't too bad.
Jersey Mikes is ok.
Firehouse is ok.
Subway is ok.
I'd pick Jersey Mikes over the others I mentioned I guess...

Sub Station 2 is a chanin here in the Midlands of Sc... they're better than the above listed joints but I'll go out of my way to eat at Groucho's... they're also a local sammich shop and they're really good.

its funny I heard so much about Grouchos before we moved there. Then when we got there, I must have had it up on a pedestal, because it was really average to me.

Penn Station Subs is my favorite sub shop. Great subs, fresh cut fries, yummy.

Groucho's is ok, but I prefer Firehouse. Jimmy John's is good too, but on the other side of town from me.

Jimmy John's is having $1 subs today!

I'm so going to Jimmy Johns today for a $1 sub... That's awesome

(wait... did they have a chipotle type event?)

I could go for Penn Station right now.

My daughters will be so happy to hear that. Haha

The one by my house had its drive-through closed and a line out the door and it was five minutes past open so I know there were people waiting in line before it opened.

The one by my house had its drive-through closed and a line out the door and it was five minutes past open so I know there were people waiting in line before it opened.
That's crazy! I'm sure we may go later tonight.

Back