2014 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiger off to a rough start after 2 but finishes the next 16 at -5. He was looking much better than last time we saw him.

Rose is on fire. Can't wait to see what he does in the first round today.
Rose is coming in extremely hot. I avoided picking him in the contest and fantasy because of his poor Open record. Could be different for him this year though as his form is so good.

For those wondering. Some contest stats.

Most selected person was Justin Rose
2nd most was Tiger Woods
I think I should of tried an underdog pick now, I took Rose but I gotta sneaking feeling Fowler is gonna be up there too.

I think I should of tried an underdog pick now, I took Rose but I gotta sneaking feeling Fowler is gonna be up there too.

Dont feel bad. With literally thousands of selections, every selection is multiple.

Rory playing great today but his biggest enemy this season is Friday. We'll see how he does

Dont feel bad. With literally thousands of selections, every selection is multiple.

yeah I was thinking that mailbox would be exploding

McIlroy, Rory
Molinari, Francesco
Jimenez, Miguel A.
Stenson, Henrik
Dubuisson, Victor
Casey, Paul
Cabrera, Angel
Donaldson, Jamie
Rose, Justin
Kaymer, Martin

Lucking out with a good start from Rory, hopefully he can continue it. I changed my mind a lot this week when it came to picks, Cabrera was a late add in place of JB Holmes, Molinari replacing Tringale. Rose replacing Phil.

Every tee shot from bubba should have protracer on it, it should be mandatory.

nice run at eagle, tap in birdie for Mats

You mean I wasn't the only one that picked Dustin Johnson...man thought I had a darkhorse :)

It doesn't happen often, but I love when a par 5 is the finishing hole in a professional tournament. So many chances for birdie or eagle, along with other numbers as well. It's awesome that it will also happen at Valhalla for the PGA this year.

Well, at least Bubba hit the fairway.

I hope the coverage changes on the Live@ for the app. So sick of watching people talk about the golf they're watching, or bothering players trying to warm up on the range.

Watching this live on AFN in Korea...the time here is 2207. I will be up at 0530 to drive a shag bag of ball of the #1 tee on CRC. Gotta go to bed but want to keep watching...

Jimmy Walker playing well. Don't think they've shown a shot from him yet.

anyone got a good shot of Rory's blue shoes? I kinda dig what I can see of them.

Jimmy Walker playing well. Don't think they've shown a shot from him yet.

Yeah, outside of the long birdie putt, I think you are right.

anyone got a good shot of Rory's blue shoes? I kinda dig what I can see of them.

Not me, way too much blue going on all at once for my liking

Cannot view the whole tourney, but you can watch Phil, Bubba and Els' group on ESPN. You do not need a log in.

Thank you DirecTV international view. Interview avoidance.

ESPN3 International feed makes it easier while at work.

Fantasy Team:
Fowler, Scott, Donaldson, Bjorn, Donald, Jacobsen, Moore, Kaymer, Casey, Z. Johnson.

Went with Blixt as a long shot in THP contest.

Wow o wow... Ernie!

Anybody else kinda feel like the US Open and The Open courses flip flopped conditions? This year the US Open was a brownish looking course, and Hoylake is looking like a nice plush US Open course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back