I've never been to NY, but I love me some NY style pizza. Any slice you can fold in half and put in your mouth is OK by me!!

No no, every other state makes NY style pizza. They all have signs that say so, so it must be true.

Next to the signs that say "Philly Cheesesteak"

A simple rule when you are not in NY or Philly and the food is advertised as such, run!

I'm craving some NY style pizza right now. Sounds sooooooooo good.

I'm craving some NY style pizza right now. Sounds sooooooooo good.
Lol you're not kidding, exactly why I'm going to order some.

Closest acceptable pie we've found in No. Virginia is a place called Santini's - not bad at all.

I live less than a mile from two of the top pizza joints in the country

Delorenzo's and Papa's

#blessed

You're going to laugh at this one. Joey Nova's in Shorewood, MN. My wife grew up in NY and NJ. It's the only pizza she'll eat in MN and has referred so many who have moved here from out east. Apparently they add something to the water when making the dough to taste authentic. Now if she could only find a good bagel...

Have ate there once and it was good. Wish it was closer as we lack good sit down places in my parts.

Not really NY style (it's more so Italian style), but Pizzeria Antico in Atlanta is the best pizza I've had outside of Italy.

Brooklyn pizza and Saprano's are the closest we have in central Florida.

Little Pops in Naperville, IL (NY roots)
Tony's Pizza in Spring, TX (Tony is from Long Island)
Brother's Pizzeria in Houston (don't know the background but former New Yorkers I knew liked it too)

Not really NY style (it's more so Italian style), but Pizzeria Antico in Atlanta is the best pizza I've had outside of Italy.

That place is incredible...absolutely right on Italian style vs NY style, but absolutely awesome.

Ok I'm gonna check them out thanks.

It's not a perfect match but best I have had in Orlando. Cornerstone on Michigan has good pies as well

After working in the West Village for almost 10 years Bleecker St Pizza gets my vote if you just want to grab a slice and a drink for lunch and John's if you want a whole pie.

My favorite pizza place of all time is Joe and Pats on Staten Island but there really isn't a reason to goto Staten Island if you don't live there...

Pizzeria Sapienza on South Pearl St. in Downtown Albany, NY.

The Fountain on New Scotland Ave in the Pine Hills section of Albany, NY.

Valente's Restaurant around the corner from where I grew up in Watervliet, NY.

Fannie's in Latham, NY (unfortunately they had a fire, then sold, and is no longer in business).

And I keep hearing good things about Kay's Pizza in Averill Park, NY, but I have never been there. Nerfny?
Kay's is good. Their sauce is homemade and is what makes it. Plus good wings and cheap beer.

I like I Love NY Pizza in Troy, NY but down in NJ I would go with Grimaldi's.

I love Kay's!! I haven't been there since my friends family bought it, so I don't know if they changed the recipe.
When did that happen? I haven't lived in Averill Park full time since I finished college in 2004.

It's a water thing. I forget the place but there is a guy on Staten Island in NYC that brings a load of NYC water with him to competitions so he can get the crust right.

It's a water thing. I forget the place but there is a guy on Staten Island in NYC that brings a load of NYC water with him to competitions so he can get the crust right.
Absolutely. The water around here is very hard. The only places near me with decent pizza have water softeners and get their ingredients from the Bronx.

My former precinct in the Bronx (49) was, I dunno, maybe 2.5 sq miles and within it was over 30 pizza places.

Morris Park Ave had the best in the command with Captain's, Emilio's, Luciano's and Patricia's. Sorrento's may have had the best sicilian. Outside the command in the 45pct on Crosby Ave is Louie and Ernie's, probably my favorite in all the Bronx.

Downtown, it's gotta be Patsy's. I live in Rockland County, 30 miles north, and the new mall is supposed to get a Patsy's soon. I can only hope it measures up.

Any places near St. Barnabas Hospital on Arthur St? Working there this week.

Absolutely. The water around here is very hard. The only places near me with decent pizza have water softeners and get their ingredients from the Bronx.

I've heard the water theory quite a bit as I've bounced around the country, must be something to it.

Thanks to JB I went and did this. Bella's Pizza in the Bronx.

Outstanding!
a2abuhyz.jpg

Pizzeria Sapienza in downtown Albany. One slice isn't enough, two are too many.

EC4929F2-52C3-4575-8945-ED8ED4838FB9_zpsrweskff2.jpg

Back