2014 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been playing lights out smart golf. Great round going in the early round conditions.
No doubt!! The guys at ESPN jinxed him. As soon as they mentioned how well he was putting, he promptly three putted. Doh!

The closest I can get to keeping up with the event today is going to be via the app on my phone, which I have got showing the leaderboard, so I will be trying to check in here whenever I can as well until I get home tonight and catch up with the BBC coverage

So I am seeing Coetzee -3 thru 16 and Jaidee -3 thru 11 - they could both post some nice early scores if they finish like that and the weather changes for the worse throughout the day for the leaders

I really hope this early crew gets the weather break the early crew did yesterday, otherwise in my opinion, the luck of the draw plays too large a role. It seems to happen every year.

Phil going for the OB Par on the Par 5

Phil hit a ball OB on 2 Par 5's total score +1 for the 2 holes....crazy

Mickelson is clutch on the save after going OB on tee shot.

Such am awesome exchange there with Phil & Bones... Bones's expression on 11 tee when Phil mentioned he was feeling driver was priceless.

I really hope this early crew gets the weather break the early crew did yesterday, otherwise in my opinion, the luck of the draw plays too large a role. It seems to happen every year.
You know what they say about British weather. "Four seasons in one day". Most changeable weather of all the majors. Sometimes it catches one side of the draw, sometimes it catches just half of one side of a draw.

You know what they say about British weather. "Four seasons in one day". Most changeable weather of all the majors. Sometimes it catches one side of the draw, sometimes it catches just half of one side of a draw.

Agreed. It just reminds of me sports games where the refs are the reason for the outcome. Just personal opinion.

Perfect example of that. Wind is dying down for the afternoon group. So those that played yesterday morning and this afternoon appear to have the huge advantage over the rest of the field.

so funny....

Phil: "I kind of like Driver right now"
Bones: [silence]

Silence and takes a step away. Someone has to be reasonable in this relationship.

Agreed. It just reminds of me sports games where the refs are the reason for the outcome. Just personal opinion.
I totally agree. I hate to see a portion of the field eliminated by totally different playing conditions. Think it was 3 years ago where a 2 hour storm blew through and wrecked a lot of rounds. That might have been a Saturday. Was the year Rickie played under par while the rest in the storm were just toast.

Weather looks like it's going to be a major issue for the afternoon rounds.

The guys finishing now look like they're struggling, and the sky looks like it's about to open.

Just noticed someone tossed up a 90 yesterday, but at least followed it up with an 80 today....Bryden MacPherson

I apparently subbed in for Adam Scott in this Par 3.

Oof.

Weather looks like it's going to be a major issue for the afternoon rounds.

The guys finishing now look like they're struggling, and the sky looks like it's about to open.

The reports say the wind is actually dying down for the afternoon rounds.

The reports say the wind is actually dying down for the afternoon rounds.

Oh -- that would be huge so long as the rain isn't too terrible.

the Mechanic not agreeing w/ rules official about Bill Haas Ball being embedded or not

Mike Davis:

Don't challenge The Most Interesting Man in Golf.

That got a little #Hawkward

Yeah I couldn't hear the tv bc my kid is going bonkers in a jumper, but Miguel seems pretty fired up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I couldn't hear the tv bc my kid is going bonkers in a jumper, but Miguel seems pretty fired up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just explain to your toddler that The Open Championship is on and you would really appreciate some quiet time. That should do it.

No need to thank me.

Bye bye Adam Scott and my small chance of winning this contest

I missed a lot off what was said between Jimenez and Davis. Certainly did not look like a closely mowed area. Maybe we'll hear more later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back