Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

20% off at cally pre owned might be too much to resist......I put a set into the checkout cart 4 times so far today. Lol

That's like free money you have to say yes and you'll be happy you did

set on the bay for the 3-PW with Tour V stiff, for 510.00 shipped, buy now. I almost pulled the trigger, but rather someone here get them

these irons continue to amaze...I am being really biased here, but after playing with these irons for awhile now, I just can't imagine anything playing better...for me anyway...best of all worlds with these clubs....no compromises.

20% off at cally pre owned might be too much to resist......I put a set into the checkout cart 4 times so far today. Lol

Man, that's a great deal. Throw in a little trade in and you'll be paying very little for an iron set that makes you say stuff like this...

these irons continue to amaze...I am being really biased here, but after playing with these irons for awhile now, I just can't imagine anything playing better...for me anyway...best of all worlds with these clubs....no compromises.

And that's the truth. Best all around set for me this season, no question about it.

Man, that's a great deal. Throw in a little trade in and you'll be paying very little for an iron set that makes you say stuff like this...

And that's the truth. Best all around set for me this season, no question about it.
Same for me. With apex even on my off days I still feel I will be ok.

Just in-case you miss the 20% discount, but decide later you want to get them, I was given 15% off, free shipping, free length change on the clubs, and only paid $21 for grips, just on a normal day with no sales showing. That was for "like new" too.

I've hit them twice so far- just an unreal set of clubs!

Mine should be arriving by FedEx today - if they arrive by 11 I'll get a maiden voyage this afternoon.

Mine should be arriving by FedEx today - if they arrive by 11 I'll get a maiden voyage this afternoon.

Best day ever

So jealous. I'm still waiting on mine to get back from a re-shafting. Thought they would be here on Wednesday, but something happened in "routing", I was told, so now looking at delivery tomorrow. Bummer that they probably won't get a maiden voyage until late next week, now.

Got my shipping notification that my irons are in route from Mexico. Can't wait until they get here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my shipping notification that my irons are in route from Mexico. Can't wait until they get here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems I may be waiting a little longer than I would like... The Callaway rep on the phone recorded the wrong zip code so my clubs are in route to Georgia and then will be rerouted back to Chicago :(

Seems I may be waiting a little longer than I would like... The Callaway rep on the phone recorded the wrong zip code so my clubs are in route to Georgia and then will be rerouted back to Chicago :(
Ugh! That sucks. Mine arrived this morning; hoping to get in a few holes this afternoon.

They're on their way....can't wait till Wednesday. 3-pw. Probly shouldn't bag the 3 iron but would like to at least try it out since hybrids have been giving me fits lately. Nearly 500 off of brand new prices from callaway pre owned was just too tempting.

Keep us in the loop on how they are working for you.

First round today and all I can say is that I love these irons. It has been years since I saw such accuracy and distance while feeling confident with an iron in my hands. I can't wait to get back out on Sunday and hit these again.

First round today and all I can say is that I love these irons. It has been years since I saw such accuracy and distance while feeling confident with an iron in my hands. I can't wait to get back out on Sunday and hit these again.

Nice dude, I had a feeling you would really enjoy them when you got to get out and really put them through their paces. Super solid irons.

Nice dude, I had a feeling you would really enjoy them when you got to get out and really put them through their paces. Super solid irons.

Thanks - I resisted them for a long time - really regret that now.

Finally hit these some today. I am working on some changes in the swing, so my results are nowhere near consistent.

Have been working mostly with my GW and SW, but hit some more with the Apex today. I grabbed the 8I and took some full swings and on the few I hit well the feel was excellent and towering high flight, but probably not quite as long as my old Cobra 8I... then I went to clean off the club and realized it was actually my PW I was swing with!

No idea how long I was actually hitting them, but it definitely seemed longer! Have another lesson in the morning with some more range time to follow.

Will report back as I know more but I was so impressed when I got home I ordered matching AW & SW!

Sounds like good results, so far, mancest. I put mine through 9 holes, yesterday. Results were mixed - didn't do any warming-up, and only 10 iron shots during the 9 holes. 3 of the 10 were solid; 2 more were good. The remaining were a bit off, but not terribly so. Planning on a short-ish range session this afternoon.

Another round in the books with these & my confidence is sky high. I've adjusted to my yardages with each club & I had more looks at birdie today than I have in a while. The shots into the green that were missed were either pin high or hit the greens and rolled. (Greens were not holding anything today)

I'm glad I got fit bc I never thought that I was 1* up. Seems like that is making a huge difference & the Recoils complete the package.

I'd like to say thank you to everyone on this thread for their thoughts on these clubs. I did a ton of research on these and several other brands/models and was fitted last weekend for clubs. I knew initially that I wanted to hit these but went into the fitting with an open mind of getting the best club for me and my swing. After a GREAT fitting at Performance clubworks in Brookfield, CT I purchased the best club for me and that was the Apex. This is an absolutely amazing club line and I've already seen improvement (two range sessions and 18 holes) in my game. I cannot recommend these enough!

I'd like to say thank you to everyone on this thread for their thoughts on these clubs. I did a ton of research on these and several other brands/models and was fitted last weekend for clubs. I knew initially that I wanted to hit these but went into the fitting with an open mind of getting the best club for me and my swing. After a GREAT fitting at Performance clubworks in Brookfield, CT I purchased the best club for me and that was the Apex. This is an absolutely amazing club line and I've already seen improvement (two range sessions and 18 holes) in my game. I cannot recommend these enough!

Glad to hear it!

Had a range session Monday evening with the Apex. Still feeling these out. My main miss was a big push, which is a little unusual. Ball flight was higher than the AP2s, but I still have more confidence with the AP2s, though it is still early in the shootout. Another Apex range session, tonight, after which I'll be deciding on which set to game in a round this Friday and tournament on Saturday. Apex will be gamed on Sunday, regardless of Friday/Saturday.

Back