2014 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
See if Tiger can make a little run on the back with all the par 5's. Would think he needs it with Rory behind him on the course and playing well.

Rickie has really upped the consistency in his game this year. Three majors, and so far in contention for the third time.

Granted, she has been wrong about the weather all week (which is par for the course), but it could really kill a few that battled hard this morning.

I remember when DJ was in contention at this tournament a few years ago when Darren Clarke eventually won, he had a shot at the win until he blocked a 2-iron out of bounds on the back nine. He still has a lot of golf to play today, but it would be interesting to see him climb even higher on the leaderboard.

Yeah. I remember that well.

And wouldn't it be interesting to see him in the fairway in 18 facing a similar situation, with that OB looming on the right.

Rickie has really upped the consistency in his game this year. Three majors, and so far in contention for the third time.

Really glad to see him doing so well in the Majors.

whoa TW with a huge miss from the fairway

Man Sergio's ball listens well

I hate to toot my own horn...But Rory is putting his foot down.

remember when this guy dominated the par 5's?

I hate to toot my own horn...But Rory is putting his foot down.

Starting to look like that, but all bets are off if the weather comes in tomorrow. He very well could have won at the Old Course in 2010 except that he got the worst of the weather on Friday of that tournament and shot 80 that day.

Rory on course to do to Hoylake what Kaymer did to Pinehurst. Just finding everything.

lol at Azinger. Tiger needs to be careful or the lead is going to start to get away. It's already 8 shots and Rory hasn't gotten to the back 9 yet.

lol at Azinger. Tiger needs to be careful or the lead is going to start to get away. It's already 8 shots and Rory hasn't gotten to the back 9 yet.

This from the same guy who kept calling it the Wanamaker Trophy yesterday morning. More than once Tirico had to correct him.

Starting to look like that, but all bets are off if the weather comes in tomorrow. He very well could have won at the Old Course in 2010 except that he got the worst of the weather on Friday of that tournament and shot 80 that day.

At least in the case of a weekend time, he's going out with the other leaders, so they're all facing the same thing.

Given the choice between Serg and Rors this weekend, I'm pulling for Rory. Would be a fun final pairing, though.

So frustrated with my boy TW, too.

The long stuff getting the best of McIlroy there. He needs to put this next one on... Don't waste the par 5's.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I think we are seeing the best Tiger can muster currently

McIlroy is basically just on autopilot at this point. This is fun to watch.

Streaming British channels is worth it just for the commentary. Polite mocking of the fact that they've got dedicated greenskeepers following the matches for raking bunkers.

Streaming British channels is worth it just for the commentary. Polite mocking of the fact that they've got dedicated greenskeepers following the matches for raking bunkers.

do you have alink to share? I'd like to hear that ;)

Is that a bend I see in Rickie's cap?

Maybe that's how he's staying in contention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back