2014 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rory goes to -10, with two par 5s still coming up.

and now we get the cut watch for TW

It's going to be really awkward if he makes the cut at +2 and gets paired with Tom Watson tomorrow.

Man oh man

#RollRors

Just turned on to see McIlroy building a nice little lead. Any other major, I'd say he was gonna lap the field. This is The Open though. And the forecast for the weekend is baaaaaaaaaaaad!!!!!!!! Anything can still, and probably will, happen!!!!

Its just rust.
It wasnt yesterday, but is today.

I thought it was a good grinding day for him, until 17 that is. I mean hell you can count the good shots he hit today on one hand, but was able to play 3-16 at E par.

That bunker shot from Rickie was something else.

yeah that was real good.

Dang, would have liked Rickie to make that putt, go out last with Rors tomorrow.

That drive isn't going to do him any favors though.

I hope the weather is nasty tomorrow and brings everyone back together. Otherwise we are looking a dull major weekend #3.

going to have to make a longish putt to keep this at a double.

I hope the weather is nasty tomorrow and brings everyone back together. Otherwise we are looking a dull major weekend #3.

Me too. Hoping the early guys get some breaks to even the playing field a bit.

Agree, nice morning and crappy afternoon would work

looks like he will need a birdie on 18 to make the cut.

GMAC to Even....excellent

looks like he will need a birdie on 18 to make the cut.

That might depend on where some of these guys finish I think though right? Rory is off a bit on his hole now.

If everyone stays at -6, who would be in the final group with Rors?

That might depend on where some of these guys finish I think though right? Rory is off a bit on his hole now.

might. 72 are at +2 or better. Could creep to +3.

If everyone stays at -6, who would be in the final group with Rors?

Would guess it would be the first guy to post at -6 today, which was Francesco Molinari. But I think that DJ will get one birdie on the last 3 holes to get to -7.

I thought the Open was top 70 and Ties not with in 10 shots

Edit
Ouch i did not relize it was a Triple

I dont think Tiger Woods has never missed the cut in back to back starts before has he?

I dont think Tiger Woods has never missed the cut in back to back starts before has he?

only had 3 years in which he missed the cut more than once.

Senden FW from 284 just short...lol

I don't know if Rors is going to just walk away with this. He'll probably have around 4 or 5 shot lead...but that's nothing some sideways rain can't wipe out.

It will really depend on whether he can play decently. Chances of someone going low in heavy rain is small, so Rors is probably going to have to come back to the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back